• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Flat bench press grip?

allpro

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I put my pinky fingers on the line on the bar with the rest of my fingers on the inside of the line. I was wondering if this was considered too close for a regular grip? Where should your fingers be according to the line on the barbell?

Partly depends how tall you are/how long your reach is, but that would be considered a little narrow to me making the movement triceps heavy.

I am a little tall and have an 85" reach, I use my forefinger on the ring leaning a bit outside not inside, once in a blue moon I go even wider but generally this is where I live on the bar. Even putting my middle finger on the bar drops my bench about 5 pounds.

Mudge said:
Partly depends how tall you are/how long your reach is, but that would be considered a little narrow to me making the movement triceps heavy.

I am a little tall and have an 85" reach, I use my forefinger on the ring leaning a bit outside not inside, once in a blue moon I go even wider but generally this is where I live on the bar. Even putting my middle finger on the bar drops my bench about 5 pounds.
ok i am 6' 2" and I am not sure about my reach (what is the correct way to measure reach?). would you suggest widening my grip?

allpro said:
ok i am 6' 2" and I am not sure about my reach (what is the correct way to measure reach?). would you suggest widening my grip?

See what is comfortable for you. I am about 6 feet tall and it just feels more comfortable if I put my pinky's on the ring. When I do speed training, I alternate grips and go wider. However, when I push bigger weights, my stance is as previously stated.

allpro said:

I'm the same height. Reach is how far you can reach with both hands to the fingertips.

Min0, middle finger on the ring is what I meant.

I choose to do a more close grip, usually a stretched out thumbs distance away from the middle "smooth" part of the bar. Whatever you feel comfortable doing, do.

Back