• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Liver Enzymes (AST & ALT) - slightly elevated

franul@

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Guys,

My girlfriend has slightly elevated ALT 60 (36) and AST 44 (30). Can that be result of taking antihistaminic medicine for 5 months?

thanx for any help

franula

Disorders that Can Cause Elevated Liver Enzymes
(Please note this list is not comprehensive only serves to offer possible examples.)

Cirrhosis of the Liver

Fatty Liver

Liver Cancer

Autoimmune Disorders

Toxic Levels of Chemicals or Drugs

Alcoholic Liver Disease

Viral Hepatitis

Obesity

Wilson's disease

Adrenal insufficiency

Celiac disease

Thyroid disorders

Muscle disorders

Non-Alcoholic SteatoHepatitis (NASH)

Hereditary hemochromatosis

Alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency

Gallstones or Gallbladder Diseases

Diabetes

IMO, she should test again in a few weeks.

I was wondering......can 2 tablets of ibuprofen 400mg each, taken on friday cause slightly elevated ALT AST levels on monday's bloodtest??

franul@ said:
I was wondering......can 2 tablets of ibuprofen 400mg each, taken on friday cause slightly elevated ALT AST levels on monday's bloodtest??
I'm no MD but I say no way! I know that the ibuprofen wouldn't show up anywhere in your system so I doubt any reactions from it would.

Any oral medication can have an effect on liver enzymes. I would look up the drug she is taking and see if it has been associated with liver problems or at least elevated liver enzymes. If so I would look into natural alternatives that have less toxicity.

She may have also been exposed to hepatitis depending on her other #'s on the CBC...might want to look into that as well.

As usual...hard to diagnose without the report in hand and patient in front of me...but hopefully I gave you a good direction to start looking.

Newt said:
I'm no MD but I say no way! I know that the ibuprofen wouldn't show up anywhere in your system so I doubt any reactions from it would.
Ibuprofen can cause a transitory rise in alanine aminotransferase(ALT), am enzyme that is released when liver cells are damaged or dies. And when taken in excessive dosages over time, has been known to cause toxic hepititis.

have her take
320 mgs milk thslte 3 times a day or get a product called liv-52 and follow the instructions, but one should get to the source of the problem and reduce it from there and then add in herbs for support.

Back