• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I wish there was an ironmagazine gym....

MtnBikerChk

Stealth Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
where everyone goes to the gym to workout and coexist - and the assholes get moderated....

today, I was two benches away from mr. "drop the 100lbs dumbells on the floor after I use them." He's (chest) pressing 100lb dumbells and then DROPS them on the floor. Scared the CRAP out of me the first time.

after his 6th set, I said to him, "is that really necessary?" he said, "actually, it is, otherwise I'll blow my shoulders out." I said, "maybe you should use lighter weights." He chuckled, "then I won't get a workout..." and proceeds to say to his buddy, that's what the floors are for.

and we're not talking about a kid, he's got to be 50-55.

:headbang:

jackass

ah i love that. last thursday i was at the gym and this dude was incline pressing 85 lb dumbbels and he decided it was neccessary to drop them on the floor. Then he proceeded to kick the dumbbells under the rack instead of putting them back. I just looked at him and shook my head. friggin jerks

I'm guilty of doing this, although not on incline though. It should'nt be done, I agree, as it pisses me off too but I only do it when the gym is empty and cant get a spot. It is dangerous on decline/flat to do anything else but drop it, without a spot.

you bastard! your banned from the iron magazine gym!! :) Actually what really bothers me is the not re racking of the dumbbells. WHy should i have to pick up these fools messes. Ive also seen the girls that work there having to pick up 70-80 lb dumbbells because some lazy bastard had to leave them on the ground. :yell:

Oooh, ooooh! If were gonna have a virtual IM Gym, can I be the smelly guy?! :D

:finger:

MtnBikerChk said:
where everyone goes to the gym to workout and coexist - and the assholes get moderated....

today, I was two benches away from mr. "drop the 100lbs dumbells on the floor after I use them." He's (chest) pressing 100lb dumbells and then DROPS them on the floor. Scared the CRAP out of me the first time.

after his 6th set, I said to him, "is that really necessary?" he said, "actually, it is, otherwise I'll blow my shoulders out." I said, "maybe you should use lighter weights." He chuckled, "then I won't get a workout..." and proceeds to say to his buddy, that's what the floors are for.

and we're not talking about a kid, he's got to be 50-55.

:headbang:

jackass

Aha ha ha a!! Was it "Bob"?? :lol:

Oh, wait a minute... I just realized you moved to Simsbury!

Can't be "bob"! ;)

I saw a guy doing magazine crunches today. What is a magazine crunch you ask? Well, here goes the story:

I get started on my squat/deadlift accessory work. My next scheduled exercise is decline situps. Well, surely, the man who hopping on the decline bench will be done by the time I finish these 3 sets. Wrong.

He proceeds to lay down on the bench, and read a magazine. He does not one iota of work, save for 30 seconds after he gets on when he adjust the height of the decline bench, only to return to his sedintary position. By the time I'm done, he still doesn't move. I just proceeded to my next exercise and let him have his fatass time.

He finally gets up, leaves his magazine, and dissapears into the abyss of the gym. Basically, I saw him walk into the gym, lay down for 5-10 minutes on the bench, and leave without his magazine. He wasn't in the cardio room, the locker room, or anywhere else. What the Hell is that?

Now, go do 10 sets!

IML Gear Cream!
MtnBikerChk said:
after his 6th set, I said to him, "is that really necessary?" he said, "actually, it is, otherwise I'll blow my shoulders out." I said, "maybe you should use lighter weights."

:lol:

That's my girl!! Take no shit.
biggrinlove.gif
biggrinlove.gif

sorry but i always drop the weights on the floor when pressing dumbells... its either drop the weights or pick up a shoulder injury!

yeah some people do it because they are assholes... but many people drop weights for good reason 'like avoiding injuries', its a gym! its a war zone! its intense! dropping weights, yelling, screaming... non of it bothers me one bit! if your that 'focused' on what your doing you won't even notice it!

peace

maybe its just me, but i LIKE when people are busting their ass.

I DON'T like all the fuckin cardio-spa-fake-ass-gym-hangouts that seem to be taking over REAL gyms.

No db's over 80lbs
No excessive loud noise

WTF is going on here?

Im I the only person who can put 100+lb DBs on my legs after a set and sit up with them? I hate those guys that slam down weights and yell and scream when ever they work out!

Newt said:
Im I the only person who can put 100+lb DBs on my legs after a set and sit up with them? I hate those guys that slam down weights and yell and scream when ever they work out!
I do it just like that, and I have a bad shoulder. I broke my collar bone and tore some ligaments or cartiledge.

Flex said:
I drop the weights.

Didn't think it was a big deal.

"LIGHT WEIGHT"

It may not be a big deal to YOU, but it shows no consideration for the people around you. Being a bodybuilder, you know that concentration is very important when lifting. Well nothing breaks your concentration and fucks up a set like a thunderous "BOOM" ten feet from your friggin head.

Newt said:

^that's what i do^, perhaps i should've clarified myself more.

but i DON'T place them down without a sound so the fatass 70year old lady can concentrate with her 2.5lbers she's waving over her head imitating the commercial she saw on tv on how to lose 10 inches off your waist in 10 days.

I Are Baboon said:
Well nothing breaks your concentration and fucks up a set like a thunderous "BOOM" ten feet from your friggin head.

Doesnt' break my concentration. that's what my headphones are for

yeah headphones help. I cant hear anything, i love it. I dont have to hear the friggin social hour going on next to me. And noone will start chatting it up with me, which is good.

IML Gear Cream!
I Are Baboon said:
It may not be a big deal to YOU, but it shows no consideration for the people around you. Being a bodybuilder, you know that concentration is very important when lifting. Well nothing breaks your concentration and fucks up a set like a thunderous "BOOM" ten feet from your friggin head.

yes concetration is important, thats why its always the people that don't concentrate on what their doing... but rather on what other people are doing that get bothered by this

peace

Ya , I also drop the weights on the floor when Im doing incline bench press . I know it might suck for others , but you have to do what you have to do . At least , the gym where I work out there is this sort of rubber in the dumbell area , so it makes practically no sound and not too much trembling. But , I have to agree , there some jack asses.

I asked this guy for a spot doing my dumbell bench press incline , he helped me my first set and I didnt even bother asking him for the last 2 sets cuz it was like having a freaking bullet in his head. At least he was the exception , most of the people where I go to usually are happy to either alternate with me when a machine or weights are taken and they usually are happy to spot me.

When people ask me ot spot them , I do it with pleasure even if I dont know them . And sometimes I propose it to them if I see they might need help . Anyhow , I like my gym cuz I always have a few friends that train there at the same time as I do.

young d said:
yes concetration is important, thats why its always the people that don't concentrate on what their doing... but rather on what other people are doing that get bothered by this

peace

If you can't control the weight, you shouldn't be lifting it.

I Are Baboon said:

true, but whats worse is people who can control the weight but choose to drop it to draw attention. I always love watching people go waddle over and grab the 65's then press them 4-5 times, then drop them from mid motion. I just laugh, go rep out my 100's then sit up and place them back on the rack nicely almost without a sound. :)

I Are Baboon said:

if you can't take hearing the sound of weights being dropped then don't bother going to a gym with 'free weights'

either find 1 full of fancy hi-tech cardio and resistance machines or workout at home!

young d said:
if you can't take hearing the sound of weights being dropped then don't bother going to a gym with 'free weights'

either find 1 full of fancy hi-tech cardio and resistance machines or workout at home!

No, it too much fun going to the gym and laughing at the people who can't control their weights.

:lol:

sabre81 said:
true, but whats worse is people who can control the weight but choose to drop it to draw attention. I always love watching people go waddle over and grab the 65's then press them 4-5 times, then drop them from mid motion. I just laugh, go rep out my 100's then sit up and place them back on the rack nicely almost without a sound. :)

And this is what you should do. Dropping weights is and always will be for people who either can't lift properly or just want attention. And if you're claiming it's to prevent an injury - that's garbage. If you can lift and lower it ten times then lowering it slowly once more shouldn't be an issue.

ponyboy said:
And this is what you should do. Dropping weights is and always will be for people who either can't lift properly or just want attention. And if you're claiming it's to prevent an injury - that's garbage. If you can lift and lower it ten times then lowering it slowly once more shouldn't be an issue.

i disagree.

after say, a set of incline presses with heavy db's, i put them down on my knees, stand up, then drop 'em.

do i want attention? HELL NO. i don't even want people tlaking to me when i lift. i become a mean motherfucker. I'd do teh SAME exact thing if i worked out at home, or if there was an empty gym like in Ponyboy's.

For me PERSONALLY, i don't do it b/c i don't lift properly. i certainly don't do it b/c i want attention. i do it b/c i am fired up, plain and simple.

FLEX

Back