• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Guys, dudes, gals and ladies

leg_press

Starting a fresh
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was just sat here in cold old blighty and my mind began to wonder ( OK stop there!!!) lmao, anyways to my point.... Will strength training help you build muscle mass?

Is this a trick question?

Train for strength, you'll get muscle mass; train for mass, you'll get strength. You can put an emphasis on one or the other, but you basically can't get just one and not the other. I started training for power, and my arms grew. Your muscles are becoming stronger through gaining size and strength; not just one or the other. Hope that helped, and if I'm wrong, someone correct me (I'm fairly new to weight training). :)

Yeah, about diet...What should I eat? I have pretty much no knowledge of cooking good, healthy food. Right now I don't really eat much, maybe a bowl of cereal or pop-tart in the morning, a pb-j and some baked chips for lunch, and fast food for dinner, yes I know my diet's horrible for the most part, so what can I do?

Seanp156 said:
Yeah, about diet...What should I eat? I have pretty much no knowledge of cooking good, healthy food. Right now I don't really eat much, maybe a bowl of cereal or pop-tart in the morning, a pb-j and some baked chips for lunch, and fast food for dinner, yes I know my diet's horrible for the most part, so what can I do?
always a good idea to head over to the diet forum for this kind of question. Check out the stickies and you'll be set.

Squaggleboggin said:
Train for strength, you'll get muscle mass; train for mass, you'll get strength. You can put an emphasis on one or the other, but you basically can't get just one and not the other. I started training for power, and my arms grew. Your muscles are becoming stronger through gaining size and strength; not just one or the other. Hope that helped, and if I'm wrong, someone correct me (I'm fairly new to weight training). :)

Generally speaking:

A larger muscle is a stronger muscle (relative).

A stronger muscle is not necessarily a larger muscle.

Squaggleboggin said:

This is not entirely true. If you experience myofibrilar hypertrophy, then the current, and potential, strength of this muscle will increase. If you experience sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, then very little, if any, strength gains accompany this increase in mass.

Conversely, you can certainly gain strength without gaining muscle mass. Intramuscular and intermuscular coordination will lead to strength increases, but neither one causes hypertrophy. This is why the world record holders can squat 6x their bodyweight.

If that messes with your head, just re-read what i wrote.

IML Gear Cream!
My diet is really messed up ATM because I have just moved job so i am trying to find my feet, but soon it will be :

5.30am: cereal with yoghurt and honey + a weight gain shake (two scoops with 500ml water)
9am(ish) 1 cup-1 1/2 cups of lean meat, one cup of green veggies 2-3 cups of salad veg
12pm 1- 1/2 cups lean meat 1 1/2- 2 cups of green veggies 2 cups rice
3pm same as 12pm but with pasta not rice
5.30pm: Pork chop/ Beef Steak/ Chicken Breast, 2 cups of veggies 2 cups of potatoes
8pm: weight gainer shake ( two scoops with 500 ml water)

During day : Water, tea, coffee, lucozade and still fruit drinks.

Back