• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

bodyweight exercises

KarlW

My Little Man
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
pull ups are a bodyweight exercise, OK but so are dips and I progress on dips HEAPS more than pull ups. Like dips I'm adding 5-10 lbs around my waste each time I do them but with pull ups I'm happy if I get 1 more rep out with just my bodyweight. Is there a biomechanical reason that dips become much easier than pull ups?

I think dips are just generally easier to do than pullups. Triceps develop faster than back?

I am the opposite...I'll be lucky if I can finish out 3sets 8-12x for dips with body weight. Pull-ups with body weight...I can do 40x in 2sets. I do only 175 though. Oddly by chest is much more developed though. At least it looks bigger and better conditioned

it's just the difference in progression of the 2 exercises amazes me.

Maybe it's a persons bicep/tricep relative strength and propensity for growth?

well put. My bi's have always been larger and much more vasculer than my tris's.

your pulling muscle are weaker than your pushing muscle.
pullups are not easy, it takes a while to gain strength in them.

Dips are a shorter movement, plus they involve more muscles. Also, pushing/pulling away from your body's generally harder than something done close to the body.

Has anyone done any research into "combat conditioning" or "The Naked Warrior"? I have taken one day a week of wieghts off the schedule and started a bodywieght resistance routine on the day Im skipping the wieghts. It feels like I have been gaining a lot of "usable" strength out of it.

KarlW said:
Is there a biomechanical reason that dips become much easier than pull ups?

the tricep is a fairly simple extensor while the latissimus dorsi is biarticulate...

LAM speak english please (me dummy.........dahhhh)

IML Gear Cream!
I have taken one day a week of wieghts off the schedule and started a bodywieght resistance routine on the day Im skipping the wieghts. It feels like I have been gaining a lot of "usable" strength out of it.
I think this gives you a more athletic look, because it is more athletic, less artificial than weights only.

Back