• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Friend says to eat tons and tons of calories ..?

Eric208

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey, I am very new to the board and have a question for you all.

I am 21, 5'9, and 130lb. I am currently working out 5 days a week and going for mass.

This is my current diet:

Pre/Post workout (2)
2 scoops whey -12 carbs -46 protein
2 cups skim milk -26 carbs -16 protein
1 cup applesauce -54 carbs
2 1/2 tbsp honey -40 carbs
2 cont. lowfat yogurt -90 carbs -14 protein

Totals= 222g carbs, 76g protein per meal

Other two meals, not Pre or Post (2)
1/2 box macoronni -54 carbs
1/4 cup skim milk -3.25 carbs -2 protein
1 slice bread -11 carbs
1 can tuna -33 protein
1 scoop whey -6 carbs -23 protein
1 cup skim milk -12 carbs -8 protein

Totals= 86.25g carbs, 66g of protein per meal

Betime meal (1)
1 1/2 cups egg beaters -6 carbs -36 protein
1 cup cottage cheese -12 carbs -24 protein
2 slice bread -22 carbs
1tbsp jelly -8 carbs

Totals= 45g carbs, 60g protein per meal

I've been following this diet for almost a week based on a program written by Francesco A. Castano.
When a friend of mine took a look at it, he swears that it is horrible, that its not nearly enough calories, he says I need more high calorie foods like pizza and ect., and that when he started lifting he was taking in around 9000 calories a day.. and that this diet doesn't provide nearly enough calories to grow..

What are all of your opinions on this matter? :confused:

9000 calories per day? You could probably do it if you ate nothing but big macs all day, which is not recommended. Most people would recommend eating healthier foods. Youll probably want to take in about 4000 calories a day and see what that does for ya. Then increase or decrease accordingly. You diet theres looks ok, i would add a meal to make it 6 meals a day.

15x your bodyweight is suggested to be maintanance level. So in your case 15x130 = 1950. Use this as your starting point. Increase cals by 10% or 200-300 cals per week and monitor yourself every week to see if you are gaining weight.

Study the sticky 'guide to...' for a LOT of great info on working with your diet.

your friend was not eating 9000 calories a day. maybe 5000. unless he's like 6'8" 350 pounds of muscle naturally.

Or maybe he's 6'8 and 350 pounds of fat.

Eating double or triple your necessary calories you need a day will not pack on muscle, it will pack on fat.

Eric208 said:
When a friend of mine took a look at it, he swears that it is horrible, that its not nearly enough calories, he says I need more high calorie foods like pizza and ect., and that when he started lifting he was taking in around 9000 calories a day.. and that this diet doesn't provide nearly enough calories to grow..

What are all of your opinions on this matter? :confused:

What does your friend look like?

If he's 220 and ripped then listen to him. If he's 250 pounds and a tub of lard, then don't. Anyone who says they took in 9000 calories a day is lying and an idiot.

Your diet has the right fundamentals. Check your progress through your weight for 3-4 weeks and if you haven't put on what you expected then adjust up or down accordingly. It isn't going to happen overnight.

You weight 130 pounds. You don't need 9000 calories per day. That is completely ridiculous. Your diet could definitely use some work though. You lack EFAs. You lack complex carbohydrates. You lack vegetables. Check out the shopping list in the sticky entitled "Guide to cutting, bulking, and maintenance" for better ideas.

At 130 pounds, I would suggest starting at about 2500 calories per day. If you don't gain weight after 2 weeks, then increase the number of calories by 10%, repeat.

Duncans Donuts said:
Or maybe he's 6'8 and 350 pounds of fat.

Eating double or triple your necessary calories you need a day will not pack on muscle, it will pack on fat.

exactly, too many cals = fat gain not muscle gain

Back