• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Arm Falls asleep

Luke9583

Lucky Luke
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
A couple times in the past month or so, i'll wake up in the middle of the night and my left arm will be completely un-responsive. There' no tingling, I can't move it, in fact there's no feeling at all. I can pick it up with my right hand, but it feels like a foreign object. It goes away after a minute or two.

This wouldn't bother me if I slept on my side, but I sleep on my back :shrug: I'm not sure what the cause it.

When that happens to me it is due to having pinched a nerve. How has your form been when you are lifting. Any soreness anywhere in your back? Hips? Neck? Have you been taking the time to stretch out well?

Hawkwind said:
When that happens to me it is due to having pinched a nerve. How has your form been when you are lifting. Any soreness anywhere in your back? Hips? Neck? Have you been taking the time to stretch out well?
I always warm up. No soreness in my back. I think the only thing I could whine about would be a pinching in my 'right' shoulder. But that's the opposite side of the culprit :shrug:

Seems like this would be the most logical time to JO :lol: It's like someone else is doing it and 1-2 minutes of no feeling in your arm seems like more than enough time for you Luke :haha:

JK - You deserved this after ripping me a new asshole :thumbs:

shutupntra1n said:
Seems like this would be the most logical time to JO :lol: It's like someone else is doing it and 1-2 minutes of no feeling in your arm seems like more than enough time for you Luke :haha:

JK - You deserved this after ripping me a new asshole :thumbs:
\

What's the point in jacking off MORE :shrug:

Luke9583 said:
\

What's the point in jacking off MORE :shrug:

Maybe your arm is in a coma from the amount you already do? :finger: :finger:

Quite possibly. Maybe the solution would be to get a girlfreind :shrug:

There are many things that could cause this...it is either vascular or nerve related.

Often times the pecs (especially pec minor) can develop enough to occlude the brachial artery causing your arm to go numb...this would especially be apparent when standing as if you were at attention which is similar to the position you are in while sleeping on your back.

This is very common and is more than likely what is going on. What do you do when you wake up to get the feeling back? What position do you put your arm in?

As long as you wake up when it happens and there are no lasting symptoms it is proably not a big deal....but some good pec stretches everyday should help.

keep us posted!

Luke9583 said:
A couple times in the past month or so, i'll wake up in the middle of the night and my left arm will be completely un-responsive. There' no tingling, I can't move it, in fact there's no feeling at all. I can pick it up with my right hand, but it feels like a foreign object. It goes away after a minute or two.

This wouldn't bother me if I slept on my side, but I sleep on my back :shrug: I'm not sure what the cause it.
I had it happen a couple of times. It was from a loss of blood circulation.
I ended up on my back with my arms up over my head, kind of like you
were doing a sit up, accept my elbows were flat on the pillow.

Shortly after I lowered my arms, the feeling started to come back.

It was really creepy touching your arm and having no feeling.

DrChiro said:
There are many things that could cause this...it is either vascular or nerve related.

Often times the pecs (especially pec minor) can develop enough to occlude the brachial artery causing your arm to go numb...this would especially be apparent when standing as if you were at attention which is similar to the position you are in while sleeping on your back.

This is very common and is more than likely what is going on. What do you do when you wake up to get the feeling back? What position do you put your arm in?

As long as you wake up when it happens and there are no lasting symptoms it is proably not a big deal....but some good pec stretches everyday should help.

keep us posted!

I sit up straight, grab my left wrist with my right hand, and raise my arm so that it is straightened out and parallel to my bed.

I should also note that my sister has thorasic outlet syndrome.

IML Gear Cream!
milliman said:
It was really creepy touching your arm and having no feeling.
YEA it is!

that's kinda scary....

They may have to amputate your arm off Luke, take pictures.

Luke9583 said:

Hasent happend to me in a while, lately. I used to wake up with my arm next to me cold and dead. I couldnt move it on its own. I had to pick it up with my other hand to move it. Real creepy feeling waking up in the middle of the night with a cold lifeless arm next to you. Moving it felt like moving someone elses dead bodypart. :gosh:

Luke9583 said:
Read the quote again, he is not talking about his arm.

lol and Luke empty some pms....

sometimes my penis falls asleep when I accidentally kneel on it :shrug:

IML Gear Cream!
Does your tiny no tingling thing is located on your knee? That must be difficult.

Luke9583 said:
sometimes my penis falls asleep when I accidentally kneel on it :shrug:
:eek:

thoracic outlet syndrome may be the cause...I see alot of that too.

on another note....one time my arm fell asleep on me while i was sleeping....i woke up and rolled over and the damn thing flopped onto my head...i thought someone else hit me in my half asleep state....jumped up and was like WTF?...for about 2 seconds till i realized it was my own damn arm and went back to sleep.

Back