• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need to build strong neck...

goal_500_bench

Goal: Body of a Titan!!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What are some good exercises to develop a strong ass neck. I want to actually feel the results after the workout. Any thoughts?

Some gyms have a neck machine. My old gym had one. Ask the manager.

Other than that, shrugs are about all you can do.

If you want to get crazy I was reading in my Arnold Encylopedia of BB and it aid there were a couple of brother who would put some 5,10,and even 25 plates on a chain or nylon rope and wear it as a necklace during their workouts.

My gym doesn't have any machines for the neck and I don't have a neck strap.
So what I do is improvise. While laying down on a bench I place a dumbell on my head and procede to go up and down.

4 way neck machine, headstraps suck.

goal_500_bench said:
What are some good exercises to develop a strong ass neck. I want to actually feel the results after the workout. Any thoughts?

Whats an "ass neck"? And why do you want a strong one? Should I be concerned if I dont have a strong one? Damn it, back to the gym. Now, where is that ass neck machine?

MTN WARRIOR said:
Whats an "ass neck"? And why do you want a strong one? Should I be concerned if I dont have a strong one? Damn it, back to the gym. Now, where is that ass neck machine?

LMAO!! :haha:

a good strong "Ass Neck" is handy for all those time you find yourself pulling your head out of your butt.

MTN WARRIOR said:
screw you man!!!! :yell: I was talking about a strong neck as in a bad ass neck...

Why the hell would you want to train your neck in the first place? Of all the body parts you could work on that ranks down at the bottom with your tibialis anterior.

IML Gear Cream!
Hell that ranks down there with your clavical medial radialus...

goal_500_bench said:
screw you man!!!! :yell: I was talking about a strong neck as in a bad ass neck...

AHAHHAHA!!

more like "goal_500_neckpress"

:laugh:

Get a towell and fold it length wise. Then place it on a wall infront of you, and lean forward, placing your forehead on the towell(supporting your body with only your head/neck). Then 'roll' from side to side. If your not strong enough, use your hands for support, and once thats too easy, move to the floor.

PreMier said:
Get a towell and fold it length wise. Then place it on a wall infront of you, and lean forward, placing your forehead on the towell(supporting your body with only your head/neck). Then 'roll' from side to side. If your not strong enough, use your hands for support, and once thats too easy, move to the floor.

That doesnt sound like the safest exersize dude... :confused:

Used to do it for wrestling.. never had a problem, or know anyone that did. Just be sure to use your hands for support if you arent strong enough.

PreMier said:
Used to do it for wrestling.. never had a problem, or know anyone that did. Just be sure to use your hands for support if you arent strong enough.
For this exercise wouldn't I have to be near parallel to the ground??

You mean if you do it on the floor? Yes.. get in a pushup position, then stick your butt in the air, bring your head to the floor, supporting yourself with your hands. Like I said though, I recommend doing it against a wall first. Stand a foot or 2 away, keep your feet planted, and lean forward. Understand?

MTN WARRIOR said:
Damn it, back to the gym. Now, where is that ass neck machine?
lol back to the gym:laugh:

Hey if you want to get rid of a glass jaw put a weight in a pillow case and hold that sucker with your teeth swing it back and forth and voila jaw as hard as a rock. I tried a rope with some weight once lost a tooth, joking.

MTN WARRIOR said:
Damn it, back to the gym. Now, where is that ass neck machine?
lol back to the gym:laugh:

Hey if you want to get rid of a glass jaw put a weight in a pillow case and hold that sucker with your teeth swing it back and forth and voila jaw as hard as a rock. I tried a rope with some weight once lost a tooth, joking. Actually I dont know if this would do much for your kneck though on second though. A strong kneck is a good thing the for those unfriendly confrontations.

Hey it posted twice that wasnt supposed to happen. Sorry

IML Gear Cream!
min0 lee said:
My gym doesn't have any machines for the neck and I don't have a neck strap.
So what I do is improvise. While laying down on a bench I place a dumbell on my head and procede to go up and down on myself.
:hmmm:

I got my neck sore a few times doing decline sit ups- but don't put your arms behind your neck--accross your chest- then when you do the situps, only go down far enough to complete a normal sit up, not a decline- your neck muscles should be used- it might sound a lil wierd but it works sometimes- prbably will work better with a neck strap

ponyboy said:
Why the hell would you want to train your neck in the first place? Of all the body parts you could work on that ranks down at the bottom with your tibialis anterior.

Football I assume

Plus, skinny necks on big bodies looks lame. I have seen the Kevin Levronne syndrome on one local guy at a gym I used to go to when I worked at a .COM, he looked pretty ridiculous.

shrugs are good but they make my traps sore for the next day and i have to do goodmornings and rest bar on them so usually i put ar slightly firther down my back, that is ok isnt it?

Neo

You could always take that guy from that video that was posted this past week and buy a motorcycle helmet and place 45 pound weights on your neck.

:laugh: :rolleyes:

Back