• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Emotions or logic?

What guides your decisions?

• Emotions

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Logic

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
depends on the mood I am in. Today I am tired and Grumpy.... So emotions play over Logic.

I'm married, so I'm not allowed to make decisions.

I think emotions dictate a person's logic :shrug:

We're all just a ball of chemical changes anyway :grin:

Case in point, the soldier in Faluja that decided to have his finger severed as opposed to having his wedding band cut (they lost his ring anyway :rolleyes: )

Luke9583 said:
I think emotions dictate a person's logic :shrug:
Yes, you are right. But we all have those moments when gut feeling says something and logic says otherwise.

shutupntra1n said:
:lol: making me laugh like usual...
im glad :D

This was classic :D
thank you thank you...ill be here all week. :rocker:

IML Gear Cream!
Vieope said:
Yes, you are right. But we all have those moments when gut feeling says something and logic says otherwise.

THAT is a very good point, but I think you might be confusing logic with popular opinion. Popular opinion changes with time, why would logic? I think the force that people find that their gut argues is the fear of not fitting into popular opinion.

Luke9583 said:
I think you might be confusing logic with popular opinion. Popular opinion changes with time, why would logic
Popular opnion is the result of logic of the avarage person. I don´t think we can count on that. Personal logic is based on personal experience and it is way better than popular opnion. I just don´t know if it is better than emotions/gut feeling. Since in so many times we make decisions based only in faith or pure innocence and everything works out perfectly. Go figure. :shrug:

Vieope said:
Popular opnion is the result of logic of the avarage person. I don´t think we can count on that. Personal logic is based on personal experience and it is way better than popular opnion. I just don´t know if it is better than emotions/gut feeling. Since in so many times we make decisions based only in faith or pure innocence and everything works out perfectly. Go figure. :shrug:
I agree with most of this, but the breakdown for me is that I don't beleive there is such a thing as 'personal logic' :shrug:

Luke9583 said:
I don't beleive there is such a thing as 'personal logic' :shrug:
Of course there is. When you are making some decisions you need facts and thoughts that is available only for you. Maybe if you ask what color something is then personal logic is equal to popular logic. But if it is a more complex subject, like marriage, that includes many variables, only you have all the facts. So personal logic differs from popular logic.

IMO :)

Luke9583 said:
I agree with most of this, but the breakdown for me is that I don't beleive there is such a thing as 'personal logic' :shrug:
Of course there is. It's how each person interprets things for themselves. What's logical to you is not necessarily logical to me.

Hey, we both started the same V!

IML Gear Cream!
Vieope said:
Of course there is. When you are making some decisions you need facts and thoughts that is available only for you
I don't beleive anything is available to only me. I dont' beleive any decision can be made without outside influence. I guess I'm saying that every decision we make is a result of indirect and direct forms of conditionings that come from many different angles. We are who we are, and we've become who we are by walking down a path of chemical changes that we sub-conscienciouisly file and categorize.

I beleive the majority of our brain power is utilized by the sub-conscience 'simplifying' everything that we expirience. And this simplification is the indirect cause of most of the troubles that humanity has been un able to successfully over come through out our existance (racism, greed, ect)

Vieope said:
Maybe if you ask what color something is then personal logic is equal to popular logic
Some people go their entire life thinking blue is purple or orange is red. :shrug:

Vieope said:
.. But if it is a more complex subject, like marriage, that includes many variables, only you have all the facts. So personal logic differs from popular logic.

IMO :)
How can one develop an opinion with a standard to base it upon.

You can't physically grab an object without either holding onto something else, or standing on something. Why should it be different mentally?

I'm just talking out my behind though :)

I spend too much time thinking about stupid stuff :lol:

Regardless of our opinions, the point is to live your life to the fullest and enjoy every single m'f'n minute of it :)

V is trying to decide if he should follow a logical thought process or follow his emotions ... Go with your gut my friend. Logic will cause you to think too much and you will lose her!

rock4832 said:
Of course there is. It's how each person interprets things for themselves. What's logical to you is not necessarily logical to me.
Well yea, our logic differs on this. But how did each of us develop our logic?

BoneCrusher said:
V is trying to decide if he should follow a logical thought process or follow his emotions ... Go with your gut my friend. Logic will cause you to think too much and you will lose her!
This is exactly why this thread started. I thought nobody would notice it. :grin:

Luke9583 said:
I don't beleive anything is available to only me. I dont' beleive any decision can be made without outside influence. I guess I'm saying that every decision we make is a result of indirect and direct forms of conditionings that come from many different angles. We are who we are, and we've become who we are by walking down a path of chemical changes that we sub-conscienciouisly file and categorize.

I beleive the majority of our brain power is utilized by the sub-conscience 'simplifying' everything that we expirience. And this simplification is the indirect cause of most of the troubles that humanity has been un able to successfully over come through out our existance (racism, greed, ect)
Luke9583 said:
Well yea, our logic differs on this. But how did each of us develop our logic?
Somethings are available only for you. Personal experience is what dictates how your logic will be. How your thinking process is. That is why if you go to a prison and talk to the inmates you will see that most of them can come up with a solid and logic explanation for their acts. They are all innocent. :shrug:
You are right though about our brains simplifying too much everything. :yes:

Vieope said:
Somethings are available only for you. Personal experience is what dictates how your logic will be. How your thinking process is. That is why if you go to a prison and talk to the inmates you will see that most of them can come up with a solid and logic explanation for their acts. They are all innocent. :shrug:
You are right though about our brains simplifying to much everything. :yes:
I agree.

Some people go their entire life thinking blue is purple or orange is red. :shrug:

I am blue, learn that. :)
How can one develop an opinion with a standard to base it upon.

You can't physically grab an object without either holding onto something else, or standing on something. Why should it be different mentally?
Yes there is a standard but nobody follows it perfectly, that is why we are so different. Although the world is full of boring people.

Vieope said:
Yes there is a standard but nobody follows it perfectly, that is why we are so different. Although the world is full of boring people.

AGREED! Damn polititians :lol:

Another thing to that I would consider influencing peoples decisions is bio-informatics.

For example,

Why the heck is my hand writing becoming more and more like my fathers?
  • I was taught handwriting by a handful of teachers in early education (not my father)
  • My father is not around when I write 99.99% of my documents
  • 99.99% of the documents that I read, are not written by my father
  • I read less than 0.1% of the documents my father writes.
So, why do I choose to move my hand in that fashion when I make an 'L' or a "W" ?

My personal expiriences would be represented by the people around me when I wrote, or the people who instructed me.

Clearly they don't have the influence that one would expect on the development of my writing style.

Last edited:
I don't think you have a choice with handwriting. That's why they have handwriting analysts. I don't write anything like my dad, but we are very different people.

Back