• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Getting wisdom teeth out...

Seanp156

Lexen Xtreme
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
As the title says I'm probably getting my wisdom teeth out sometime over Christmas break. How long after do/should I need to wait before I can lift/train again? for the first week or so after I go back should I take it easy and not do as much weight if I feel weird from the painkillers etc?

Also, how long will I have puffy cheeks for? lol

Also, I don't think they can just pull them out, they might have to cut some. One of them came in sideways:rolleyes:

And yes, I will be knocked out for the operation.

Hmmm... I've had two removed, time off was never a consideration, certainly wasn't suggested by the dentist. Meds didn't effect me and I was lucky I didn't swell too much either but yours sounds like a more complicated procedure... best advice I can give is to ask your dentist.

I got mine out in the summer. If its all four, you won't even want to lift for at least a week, trust me.
One of mine was impacted and had to be cut. They will probably stitch the bottom ones and take the stitches out in about a week, so I wouldn't even bother to lift during that time. I suggest just taking a week off, but you'll know better once you have it done and see how you feel.

I definetly would not lift while on pain medication...a week of isn't going to hurt

Take at least a week off. You dont want to bust open your clot/stitches. Ever heard of Dry socket? You'll have chipmunk cheeks for about 3-4 days. I had it bad, my cheeks were swollen for over a week. I couldn't really eat anything besides soup.

Ughh, oh well...I guess I've been on my routine for 6-8 weeks so a week off to rest and come up with something to change up my routines won't be so bad. I'm kind of concerned I'll lose maybe 10 lbs though...I'm fairly light as it is at 160lbs 5'10.

I'm not really sure what I should eat that I will be able to. A lot of people eat tons of ice cream when they get theirs out, but there's no way I'm doing that. Will I be able to eat any type of meat, bread, salad or eggs or anything?

Hi Sean,

I had mine out a few years ago and yeah you don't feel like doin' much for a week or so. Learn from the experience cause now and then you get times where you can't lift fow a while and dude that's life. It sucks but there ain't much you can do about it so use the time to rest, prepare, and look forward to your next training session.

cheers

I too have also had alot of oral surgery recently, I had to take about a week off to let the wound heal up, and i also had to get used to not grinding my teeth when Im lifting heavy...nevereven realized i did it till i started ifting again... good luckman

Back