• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Eating Until You Feel Nauseous On a Regular Basis

M.J.H.

Obsessed
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I don't know what the hell is the matter with me. I don't know if I need to see a therapist or what. But on a very very regular basis I eat until I feel like I am going to vommit. Even if it's clean food, it's a big sandwich, a lot of liquid, fruit and then soup. Just enough so I feel extremely full like I can't eat another bite no matter what. :(

Anyone have any suggestions? This happens on a VERY regular basis, I would say close to every single day, with about 75% of my meals.

Monstar, I read an article in Flex last year that Lee Preist does the same, and that after a while your stomach adjusting and you gain more mass, I'd be careful on a cut though if I were you

Well I absolutely hate that I do this. It's a horrible habit that needs to stop, feeling like I am going to vommit after each meal because I don't know when to stop eating? That's absolutely horrible, IMO.

MonStar said:
Well I absolutely hate that I do this. It's a horrible habit that needs to stop, feeling like I am going to vommit after each meal because I don't know when to stop eating? That's absolutely horrible, IMO.
Can you use portion control? Set an amount in a bowl or plate below your limit maybe?

If you can't stop this behaviour on your own then you are probably right, you do need to see someone. There are reasons behind eating disorders. People don't eat til they are going to puke just because it's fun ya know. There are reasons so you need to go talk to someone and find what that reason it.

MonStar said:
I don't know what the hell is the matter with me. I don't know if I need to see a therapist or what. But on a very very regular basis I eat until I feel like I am going to vommit. Even if it's clean food, it's a big sandwich, a lot of liquid, fruit and then soup. Just enough so I feel extremely full like I can't eat another bite no matter what. :(

Anyone have any suggestions? This happens on a VERY regular basis, I would say close to every single day, with about 75% of my meals.

You have to MENTALLY make an active decision to limit your portion sizes to appropriate levels.

Modify your behaviour. Plan all your meals for the day. If need be, prepare them the night before so you have no excuse to overeat. Then eat those meals as planned. If you finish them and you want more then it is a matter of distracting yourself until that feeling passes. Go for a walk, pick up a skipping rope or sit down and write down what you are feeling and why you think you want more.

You have to teach yourself that wanting more does not always mean you GET more... Teach yourself to be 'satisfied' with what you eat.

Eventually (with the exception of some medical/hormonal conditions or imbalances) the physiological feeling of satiety should 'catch up' with the psychological switch and you will be able to eat smaller amounts without wanting to stuff yourself stupid.

MonStar said:

are you a speed eater ?

When my meal looks skimpy, I force myself to down glass after glass of water. Combined with wheat bread and vegetables, I feel stuffed after one meal a day when I've probably had no more than 500 calories.

After that I'm moving around and busy, so I don't even notice when I get moderately hungry a little bit later...

I'd seek out some professional advice on this one Mike... it certainly won't hurt and it may help you to figure out 'why' you do it and how to stop, good luck buddy. ;)

MonStar said:

I eat until I feel that way and I haven't had a problem with it.

IML Gear Cream!
Right before you feel completely full and about to vomit, do you still feel hunger? If that is right, it is not just a bad habit.

Vieope said:
Right before you feel completely full and about to vomit, do you still feel hunger? If that is right, it is not just a bad habit.
I still feel as if I can eat even more I am also a speed eater.Is that bad?

Vince2005 said:
I think it is, it is an eating disorder. You are only noticing the benefits because you are trying to gain mass but I can´t see the difference from the people that get morbid obese. Have you ever talked to some doctor? I have seen a few threads about the same problem, now I am considering that bulking for such a long period is not good at all.

I am not sure what it is, but I do think its a form of an eating disorder. I am a speed eater though, that's for sure. I eat extremely quickly. I am always finished with my meal long before whoever I am eating with.

well bro i have the same problem, and it gets real hard when im cutting.... i just try to distract myself somehow, but some times it dont work

Vince2005 said:

when you eat fast the messages that convey the feeling of fullness or satiety do not reach the brain in time.

MonStar said:

I have an almost identical problem except I almost always binge on clean bber foods and almost never on junk. It is very frustrating and a difficult habit to break. The disorder really tends to linger even when the initial cause is all but removed.

I am still a long way from the concept of eating like a 'normal' healthy adult and I feel you are in the same boat. The link below details the plan that works best for me. I can almost completely control the tendency to binge when I follow the steps below. Check out Dante's posts at the end as they are far more enlightening than anything I had to offer. Ultimately it comes down to choosing an appropriate activity when you notice the binging thought pattern occur. Reintegrating appropriate thought patterns etc.

Even within the last several weeks, I have eaten to a point of near vomiting. Worst thing is, I have mastered the ability to selectively choose foods that allow me to keep shoveling in more food volume without getting an upset stomach. Problem just gets worse. I sometimes have so much food in me that I can't really bend over or stand up and have to lay down/roll over. Yet I still want to continue eating and I do continue eating.

Here is a link

Satiety and Binge Control

Have you tried the nicotine patch specifically as well as the gum. I find the patch to be super effective to help reach a point of relaxation and satiety in the evening.

Finally, like others have said, if you think therapy will help, give it an honest shot. Whatever approach you use, try to gain some semblance of control over the tendency and build on it. You may not rid yourself of the tendency completely for quite some time, but any progress that can be made is a step in the right direction.

Let me know if I can be of anymore assistance. I want to control/kick that habit just as badly as you do. It can really make life unbalanced if you aren't careful.

-Cardinal

I think LAM has hit on a good point. If you could willfully choose to eat slower it might help quite a bit. Specifically, you could re-learn to savor each bite of food rather than shoveling it in so fast. My nutrition professor in undergraduate had us do it with a cracker, just letting it dissolve sort of. We ended up getting all sorts of flavors/taste sensations.

Also, do you tend to eat alone. I bet you do to some extent. If so you might try eating more with friends. Somehow I don't see you going out on a hot date and binging. Your date says "I want to go home and have sex". You say, "sorry, I gotta eat all four pizzas, one just isn't enough". I just don't see that happening as much in social situations if you get my drift.

Tonight I had purchased four 1.5 liter bottles of poland spring water to bring to the Celtics game I attended. I drank two on the T and shuttle bus to the Fleet Center and felt fine. Then I started sipping on the third and got down pretty far. At Fenway your allowed to bring water into the game, not at Celtics games.

I stayed out chugged the liter I had left in my third bottle, and then waited 2-3 minutes and chugged the next 1.5 liter bottle giving only a about an eighth of a liter to my thirsty dad.

I'm telling you this story, because MonStar, what you are doing is absolutely horrible. I felt naucious for a half hour, burped throw up in my mouth, and so on.

It was horrible. It's another one of those mental things, get going man.

soxmuscle said:
Tonight I had purchased four 1.5 liter bottles of poland spring water to bring to the Celtics game I attended. I drank two on the T and shuttle bus to the Fleet Center and felt fine. Then I started sipping on the third and got down pretty far. At Fenway your allowed to bring water into the game, not at Celtics games.

I stayed out chugged the liter I had left in my third bottle, and then waited 2-3 minutes and chugged the next 1.5 liter bottle giving only a about an eighth of a liter to my thirsty dad.

I'm telling you this story, because MonStar, what you are doing is absolutely horrible. I felt naucious for a half hour, burped throw up in my mouth, and so on.

It was horrible. It's another one of those mental things, get going man.
I also have a thing like that I'll drink a liter of water in a quick amount of time.I wonder if thats bad?

IML Gear Cream!
MonStar said:

Maybe you're Polynesian.

MonStar said:
I am not sure what it is, but I do think its a form of an eating disorder. I am a speed eater though, that's for sure. I eat extremely quickly. I am always finished with my meal long before whoever I am eating with.
Whats up Mike...you know I've followed you for a while through alot of your binges and stuff. Me and you are identicle when it comes to eating(there probably about 75lb difference though lol).

I know what your going through and I am never happy when it comes to eating...clean or junk I eat and eat until I throw up and even if I don't chuck I still feel hungry and have the urge to eat. I have been overcoming it mentally....you just need to believe in mind of matter. The brain is stronger then any urge and you need to do what alot of these people have said. Unfortunatly its hard for people like us to live day by day when it comes to food b/c we have a hard time controling it. So try to prep your meals in advance man...even if your just maintaining it will help to control your cal intake.

I tried slowing my eating down and drinking a shit load of water but that never worked out. In a few minutes I was hungry again. Just keep balanced meals and really work at it mentally. Its all up to you if you want to manage this...I know your physiclly strong but now you need to use that mental strength you've got to overcome this over eating. If I can do it I know you can to!

Dude...I have the same problem. It happens every time I smoke a little gunj... :nanner:

bro

ive seen you saying the same thing over and over again (on multiple forums) for some time now man... have you ever talked to your Dr. about this??

I feel you man I do...you starved yourself at some point and now your body/endocrine system is doing its job. I dont think you are weak or dont have self control because trust me I know what you are talking about and it can be overcome but like a drug addict....youre never totally over it.

I have suffered with binge eating and satiety throughout my life. It is still a challenge but I am winning at the moment.

I was overweight during my childhood but lost all of my weight later on doing completely the wrong thing by virtually statrving myself for a few years without doing any exercise. I then started weight training, regular exercise and learned about good nutrition. That's when I understood about my binging and how to control it.

I began making up my 6 food portions per day and by doing this I knew that I had eaten everything that I should and no more. Also, I suffered because of gulping down my food. I started using a smaller spoon and made a conscious decision to chew properly and enjoy every mouthfull. After time it does become more natural to do things this way even though I still have to mentally prepare myself to eat in this way on occasions.

I had a bad time over the past 6 months but I'm now back on track and getting back to looking like I used to. Binge eating can become a habit just like eating a proper diet. Just do it for long enough and you will see the benefit and get in the right frame of mind.

Back