• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Getting old sucks

I Are Baboon

pedal pedal pedal
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Granted I am "only" 32...

I joined a dek-hockey team after having not played for 5 years (it's basically organized street hockey, played on a real rink, and you wear running shoes instead of skates). I played for about 10 years when I was younger, and I had very sharp skills and strong cardio/leg endurance. Well all of that has just gone straight to hell. My first two games have resulted in:

Lower back pain
Side and stomach cramping
Sore obliques (I am assuming from shooting)
Sore legs, from the ankles to the hips

In addition, my cardio endurance is WAY down, as are my hand/eye coordination and hockey skills. It's frustrating to say the least, but WTF do I expect, having not picked up a stick for five years.

Anyway, I'm just sort of whining here. Thanks for listening. :) I wish I had my 25 year old body/skills back. Looks like I need to add some serious cardio interval training to my program. BLAH!

What did you lie about your age or something????

Are you really 1,483,284,800 years old :p

hey I'm 32 as well. The other thing that hits you at about 30 big time are the ol' morning afters.

KarlW said:
hey I'm 32 as well. The other thing that hits you at about 30 big time are the ol' morning afters.

Yeah, after my first game, my back was so sore I could harly sleep, and of course it hurt even more in the morning. Thankfully, I seem to be over the sore back woes.

Thats life at 32? Damn I am not far away...

KarlW said:
Actually, I was talking about the mornings after the night before. You know........big nights.

KarlW said:
Actually, I was talking about the mornings after the night before. You know........big nights.

Yeah, it takes less booze and the hangovers are worse.

and you say things like "I'm not doing that again for at least 6 months" and mean it, unlike like when you're 18 and say it but do it again 2 weeks later. LOL

IML Gear Cream!
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, it takes less booze and the hangovers are worse.

2 days to recover for every night of drinking...

Wait till you hit 35!!! :finger: :scared: :sob:

Know what you mean, I'm 31 and been playing in competitive basketball leagues since out of high school. I know more about the game now than I ever did and play a lot smarter but I don't have the athletic skills to match like I did in my teens and twenties. It's not fair.

Shesshhhshsh...a bunch of whiners...wait until you hit 45. Elbows ache all the time, knees crackcle and pop during squats, shoulders on most pressing exercises pop too. I am not to far off from 50. I will let you know what it is like when I hit 50. :)

You have to grow old, you don't have to be old.

I thought that was one of the reasons people get into bodybuilding.

cfs3 said:
You have to grow old, you don't have to be old.

I thought that was one of the reasons people get into bodybuilding.

Excellent point!

KarlW said:
and you say things like "I'm not doing that again for at least 6 months" and mean it, unlike like when you're 18 and say it but do it again 2 weeks later. LOL
There are nights that I'll wake up and say I will never drink again, and then seven o'clock later that day I am out drinking again.

It's sort of like lifting.

I don't get rip snorting drunk anymore. It is just not worth it. A 2 - 3 day hangover is not a fair trade for a couple hours of maximum drunk.

I'm 45 and boxed with my 17 year old son today. He now has a 2" reach advantage on me and is 1 " taller than I am. I still love to fight his lil self though. He may be longer and faster but I am sneakier :D

I don't get rip snorting drunk anymore. It is just not worth it. A 2 - 3 day hangover is not a fair trade for a couple hours of maximum drunk.
Couldn't agree more

KarlW said:
Couldn't agree more

:laugh: Ditto !!

Drinking and recovering from sports takes an extra day :thumb:

I'm sure the competitive edge of most of us can overcome the soreness we get from playing sports to keep us '30 somethings' still whipping up on the younger guys :D

Back