• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Keeping the mind strong but not the body.

WilliamB

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I was reading about another thread somehwhere and someone was talking about how you can trick your mind into a lot of things. I am currently unable to lift because of a recent shoulder surgery. I have heard a lot of talk about how the bodys central nervous system has a lot to do with what you can lift. So going along with this tricking the mind into something is it hypatheically possible that if I continue to think/realize that I can lift a certain about of weight, which I can beore the surgery, when I go to do it several weeks down the road is it even fathemable that I will still be able to do it? Kinda confusing but its 5am.

Take it from someone who also had shoulder surgery, BE PATIENT!!
If your doctor didnt tell you or if you haven't found out already, the shoulder is the most complex joint in the body. You will probably have to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles before you can do any real lifting. This is where your average universal machine will pay divedends for workouts and help you in keeping what you have, being that you are still able to do basic core excercises like benching on them, (since one side of your body can help out the other, and those weakend stabilizers muscles arent incorporated as much). Dont try pushing it or you could set yourself back or make things worse

It took me a year before I found out I broke my clavicle bone and tore some ligaments or (tendons I think) in the process.
I still went to the gym with pain but I ignored it. I was struggling with most exercises even with the bicep curls.
On the bench I was only able to flat press 135 pounds for the longest, now after 3 years I went up to 255 pounds.
I guess if I knew my collar bone was broken I probably would not have went to the gym until I had surgary done.

Seanp156 said:
Dang 255lbs? You're tiny, hard to believe you can put up that much:rocker:
That's not me in the picture. It's a running joke around here. :D

We have known for centirues that the mind is a powerfull thing, sure. However for a body not trained and used to dealing with such stresses, you could end up hurting yourself permanently.

Look at monks who sleep in the snow in wet sheets, they can raise their body temprature through thought - but how long does it take them to develop this? And how much time do they spend compared to you?

Now if you have a 220 IQ which I am guessing you dont, and you are very much a person of inner thought, then sure you could probably do quite well with thought alone. I have been most impressed with Dante who still visits this forum from time to time, and I have a friend who is probably around the 160 area, funny as hell and really bright.

Much of what powerlifting is, is simply training the body to utilize a larger percentage of fibers during the lift. This reduces endurance but raises strength, same thing the aligators and crocks do. They are fast and strong, but for brief periods of time only.

Back