• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

need help with bulking diet

francishoban

Frank
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi All ,

I have just joined and need some help with my diet so thanks in advance to all who pitch in. I am trying to bulk up and am just a little confused as to how technical all this protein / carb ratio etc. is

I am 34 / 6 ft 1 and weigh 12 st 7lbs. I am having trouble achieving my goals like most so I am posting my diet here to see if I am on the right track. I am training 3 - 4 times per week on splits

eg Chest/Back ... Bic/Tric.... Shoulders / Legs and vary every 3-4 weeks. I will post my training schedule in the training forum.

Diet below:

8.00am breakfast

Bowel of porridge/low fat milk with 2 slices of wholemeal bread / peanut butter

10.30am

5 egg whites / 1 egg yolk in blender with orange juice
1 yogurt
1 apple

1pm Chicken breast/veg/ brown rice or baked potatoe

4pm

Tuna / sweetcorn in low fat mayo with 3 ryvita or rice cakes

7pm

Train followed by Promax Protein shake( 30grms ) with glucose ( 30grms )/hi 5 energy maltodex( 30grms)

Supplements = 1 x vit c/ 1x vit e / 1 x multi vit / 1 tblspn flax oil

1 x banana

9pm dinner

Chicken or fish or steak / rice / veg

I train hard and try to do all the right things. I am making gains but they are small.Am I eating enough protein etc. or what am I doing wrong.

Last edited:
How many calories is that per day? What is the macro breakdown?

What the Hell is "12 st 7 lbs?" How much do you weigh?

well if your bulking you need to cut out the damm rice cakes and start eating a lot more high calorie food

potatos, oats, bread, rice, pasta, wholegrain cereal, milk, all of that shit is good when bulking IMO (especially if you struggle to put on weight like me)

you ain't even gotta change your diet that much, just add a large glass of milk with each meal, and maybe some oats/cereal too, have your tuna in a sandwich or jacket potato, or if you wanna be real good have it with brown rice, have your eggs whites on toast and with beans and potato if you got the time

the other important thing is protein, you need a lot more protein at breakfast, easiest thing to do is add in a couple of scoops of promax - that is a good choice as the fast digesting whey is ideal in the morning as you've not eaten for hours so the protein gets into your system fast

also you should be eating before you go to bed, some cottage cheese and peanut butter on toast with a protein shake and a couple of fish oil caps is what i have, works great and preperation is minimal

good luck

peace

That type of eating plan will not put size on an ectomorph like you.

Go to my training journal and read the October 27th post on how someone with a fast metabolism must eat to gain weight.

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=38213

Forget about the "ultra clean" diets that steroid using genetically gifted bodybuilders claim they use in the magazines unless you also want to use the juice.

Welcome.

I am 34 / 6 ft 1 and weigh 12 st 7lbs. I am having trouble achieving my goals

You are not eating nearly enough - nor are you eating enough energy dense foods. As Ego quite rightly suggests, you HAVE to eat big!

If you are just starting out then do not worry about specific carb/fat/protein ratios. Just aim to get a minimum of 1g of protein per pound and then fill up on good, wholesome, nutritionally dense foods.

So - some suggestions:

8.00am breakfast

Bowel of porridge/low fat milk with 2 slices of wholemeal bread / peanut butter
How much porridge are you eating? Unless it is more than 1 cup (dry) then it is probably not enough. Also, what about adding a banana and some ground flax to your porridge?

Have some complete protein too - how about you throw in a turkey omlette or some scrambled eggs with that? You will want 1 or 2 whole eggs and a whole heap of whites + turkey/ff cheese etc...

10.30am
5 egg whites / 1 egg yolk in blender with orange juice
1 yogurt
1 apple
This is not nearly enough.

Don't eat/drink raw eggs - you loose half the protein. You need to cook them. Add more protein and add some carbs to this meal - oats, rolled grains, legumes, sweet potato etc etc. Some fats would also be fine - nuts or seeds.

1pm Chicken breast/veg/ brown rice or baked potatoe
As long as the quantities are large enough then this is good. You could also add some healthy fats.

4pm
Tuna / sweetcorn in low fat mayo with 3 ryvita or rice cakes
??? Wow - you don't eat much do you! 3 ryvita?? :eek:
Add more good carbs add more protein, drop the mayo (low fat mayo is usually yicky) and instead of rice cakes have LOTS of real food.

Rice cakes are cardio-bunny female 'I'm on a diet' food!!

7pm
Train followed by Promax Protein shake( 30grms ) with glucose ( 30grms )/hi 5 energy maltodex( 30grms)
Supplements = 1 x vit c/ 1x vit e / 1 x multi vit / 1 tblspn flax oil
1 x banana
Add food before you train - carbs + protein.

Add more PWO - you want more protein than that. But take out the flax.

9pm dinner
Chicken or fish or steak / rice / veg
Make sure you are eating enough here - add some healthy fats too - flax, oils, nuts etc.

Add another meal before bed too.

Thanks everyone and sorry about the confusion with the weight but we still tend to speak in stones where I live.... 80kg for the confused people. Well I thought I was actually eating heaps but there you go. I will start adding to diet now from now on. I am not going to worry too much about the protein /carb ratio for the time being but just concentrate on gettin as much into me as I can. The whole detail thing is a little overwhelming at the start when you are new to the game like me. This bodybuilding is a full time job on its own never mind trying to do it with a day job as well.

With regard to supplements is there anything you think I should be taking. I am currently using

whey protein
vit c / vit e
multi vit
flax oil / fish oil caps

Thanks guys for the help.much appreciated

francishoban said:
With regard to supplements is there anything you think I should be taking. I am currently using

whey protein
vit c / vit e
multi vit
flax oil / fish oil caps
Should add glutamine. Its great for muscle recovery. Powder is cheaper than capsules. Take 5-10 grams a day especially post workout. It can be mixed in with your whey protein drink.

You may want to start reading about creatine and consider that in the future provided you have the rest of the program(diet, training and rest/recovery) together.

francishoban said:
Hi All ,

I have just joined and need some help with my diet so thanks in advance to all who pitch in.

No problem, you are welcome. :)

Back