• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Advantages/Disadvantages to whole body W/O's

SKINSFAN

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I currently do a 3 day split hitting each muscle group once a week, are there any good things that can come from switching to a 3 day a week whole body W/O. If so would I drop the amount of weight and increase the amount of reps. What approach would Im take for reducing body fat and trying to maintain the size that I have gained over the winter, I hate to lose the size but I feel I might have to, to get a little leaner around the middle. Also while in a reduced calorie diet should I cut out the dextrose post w/o and stop taking creatine. Maybe a couple of bananas mixed in a protein shake for post w/o nutrition? Can anyone lead me in the right direction? :(

As a beginner, full body workouts are great. Once you become more advanced, and are seeking more overall muscular development, I feel a split routine is superior.

As for cutting, that is best accomplished through diet and cardio, not high rep full body training. In order to keep muscle and lose fat, continue to train hard and heavy, while adding in cardio and adjusting your diet.

As for the creatine, continue to use it in your post workout shake, but begin to cut back on carbs in your other meals. Post workout is the only time that calories will be shuttled primarily toward muscle tissue and not toward fat stores.

Originally posted by SKINSFAN
I currently do a 3 day split hitting each muscle group once a week, are there any good things that can come from switching to a 3 day a week whole body W/O.
For a beginner this type of work-out usually works well, but seeing as you're not a beginner I'm not sure how this would benefit you.

If so would I drop the amount of weight and increase the amount of reps.
Yes, you would definitely want to drop the weight, otherwise you would overtrain.

What approach would I take for reducing body fat and trying to maintain the size that I have gained over the winter, I hate to lose the size but I feel I might have to, to get a little leaner around the middle.
Reduce calories, increase cardio.

Also while in a reduced calorie diet should I cut out the dextrose post w/o and stop taking creatine. Maybe a couple of bananas mixed in a protein shake for post w/o nutrition? Can anyone lead me in the right direction?
I do not see any reason to drop the creatine.

Back