• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

bodybuilding diet on small funds....

rangers97

2006 Stanley Cup Champs!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
well, I know everyone says that to get big you need to eat, eat and eat some more good, clean food...however, it seems that it is hard to keep up an untra clean diet without spending a lot of $$$$. I know there is the price club and all those wholesale places where you can get bulk food, and thats great for dinners, but what about other meals?

I recently just bought a house with my wife and we are basically piss poor at the moment, and in a couple of years if we decide to have kids, then it will be even worse. I need to know of good, inexpensive ways to get the calories I need, without resorting to fast food places, although, it's nice to get 2 double cheeseburgers at mcdonalds for $2 and have that for lunch:rocker:

Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

Wholesale clubs. You can buy bulk brown rice for relatively cheap, look for specials on lean meats and buy in bulk and freeze. Your vegetables ofcourse, and protein poweders are well priced online.

i get the whole bulk thing which is great for dinners, but what about lunch while at work? Sure you can buy cold cuts, but if you want to make any kind of decent sized sandwich, you are still looking at close to $5 per day just for lunch, then there are all your snacks and everything....I am cool with bulk for food while I am home, but what about food when I am at work or not at home?

Cooler... If you ask most anyone who is serious they plan ahead and pack food for any circumstance. In my car i keep a big can of raw almonds, and a few shakers of protein. Because I am in school and constantly on the go there isnt always the option of a whole meal, but something such as a scoop of protein power and a handful of almonds isnt expensive. And is actually a solid snack/meal.

yeah id go with the tuna and eggs....the only thing about the tuna is mercury levels in commercial fish, even though it is the lowest level..thats just what i read up on, but im not sure if its a rumor or not.

$32 gets you 38 chicken breasts here at Costco (like Sam's so I hear), 32g protein each. Rice is $5-$10 for a 25 pound bag, the brown rice costs me more. I also buy 91% beef, I think its $11 for 5 pounds.

i can buy everything from costco, even protein, but i'd rather have ON than pro-rated

oats, chicken breasts, rice, veggies---that's all i need

if i wanted i could buy eggs, tuna, bread, etc. all at costco.

buy in bulk.

i don't really care about having lean steak, i get my protein from chicken and shakes.

You could go to restaurants and eat the food people leave in their plates. It is tricky though, some dogs are quite clever.

IML Gear Cream!
alot of grocery stores do buy 1 get 1 free promos. i stock up on chicken breasts and whole turkey breasts when they have deals like that. got 2 whole bone in turkey breasts, 8 lbs each for about 16.00. it lasts for days feeding husband and me!!!!

Most of the foods I eat are pretty cheap. The most expensive items would be cottage cheese, egg whites, and protein bars. My journal has my base diet listed; feel free to check it out.

Back