• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Donating Blood....

Seanp156

Lexen Xtreme
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How much will this affect my training? I'm donating blood for a blood drive tomarrow, which is an off day, but my next day is saturday(the day after) and I have no idea what affect the blood loss will have on me. Should I move that day to sunday this week or should it be fine?

donating blood will heighten your character more than hinder training... go for it!

who cares miss 1 day. Your not gonna loose any mass from skipping a day or giving some blood.

Should be fine. If you have a problem giving, take some OJ to sip on afterward. But, no need to put training off.

First time huh? I wont donate anymore.. I have gold for blood, and the nurses fight over it. Oh.. and im afraid of needles :lol:

Seriously, buy a small thing of OJ. You may need it if you get 'woozy'.

Silly rabbit.. OJ

I know of a guy who just before the holidays; donated blood , went home, sat watching tv, got up, felt dizzy, blacked-out , fell and broke his jaw and hurt his arm.

JAW wired shut, arm in sling.

I never give blood, only take.

muahahaah

its very important to do. I donate often and just skip that day and the next day I am fine. Make sure you are hydrated and you will be fine. Unfortunatly recent tattoo means no for one year here in Canada.

rantheman said:
its very important to do. I donate often and just skip that day and the next day I am fine. Make sure you are hydrated and you will be fine. Unfortunatly recent tattoo means no for one year here in Canada.

Damn they are very picky up here in Canada, I got vetoed too!

Never felt affected after giving blood, they always used to insist we stayed for 20 minutes after donating and have a juice and cookie... I used to donate just for the cookies! :D

IML Gear Cream!
Why were you vetoed? Do you have.. have a.. disease? :gosh:

:p

PreMier said:
Why were you vetoed? Do you have.. have a.. disease? :gosh:

:p

Yes, mad cow disease! :laugh: I'd like to know what they are basing that opinion on. :hmmm:
Seriously though, that is why I can no longer donate, I used to donate every month but because I am from the UK and immigrated during a certain period they stopped accepting my donations. :(

I'll take any donations you want to give me :eyebrow:

PreMier said:
I'll take any donations you want to give me :eyebrow:

If you want my blood you will have to do it Dracula fashion. :p

Who's talking about blood? I was thinking more along the line of canned food :confused:

PreMier said:
Who's talking about blood? I was thinking more along the line of canned food :confused:

Phew... I actually thought you were after money but then I still have that position available that needs filling. ;)

Damn.. I will fill anything you want me to :grin:

Wow, it wasn't bad at all. Only time that's somewhat unfomfortable is right at the moment they stick the needle in. I didn't feel lightheaded or sick at all. Filled a pint in about 5 minutes.

I've gotten tats and three piercings and donated blood within a year of all of them, and they've never turned me down. My blood is too valuable to say no to :)

Seanp156 said:
Wow, it wasn't bad at all. Only time that's somewhat unfomfortable is right at the moment they stick the needle in. I didn't feel lightheaded or sick at all. Filled a pint in about 5 minutes.

:thumb:

You should be fine to work out tomorrow. They usually tell you to take it easy the rest of the day, but you can go back to your normal activity the following day.

Last time I gave blood, when I was finished I got very nauseous, felt like puking and was sweating really bad. But after about 10 minutes, I was fine. Plus I had three nurses tending to me to make sure I was ok. :eyebrow:

I have another appointment to donate next week. :)

IML Gear Cream!
Right now I'm feeling a little tired like I should take a nap, but I've felt like that since I work up at 6:30 this morning.... Haven't been able to sleep well at all this week after going back from break. I'm too used to staying up till 2-3 am and getting up at 9 or 10 am.

Just stay hydrated and eat like normal, 6-7 times per day. I donate every two months on an off day and am fine the next day. Or just work out before. Particularly arms, the nurses love it cause your veinous and easy to stick.

ive had blood taken but have never given thinking about doing it. didnt make me feel woosey when it was taken kinda cool the speed the pressure filled it up lol

Neo

Back