• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

I love the 90s part deux thread

Shae

finding peace
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
From VH1.com

I love 1990
Don't wallow in Misery. Join us as we kick off Part Deux of I Love The 90s with 1990! Pump Up the Jam and put on your fanny packs for the year that introduced us to Norplant and Dolphin-safe tuna.

Come back to a time when the Nelson twins ruled the charts. When Will Smith was the Fresh Prince and Buster Douglas was the King of Heavyweight Boxing. When police shows kicked it up a notch with Cop Rock and when real rockers took it down a notch on MTV Unplugged.

If you can only think of Arnold as the Governator, check him out in 1990 when he flexed his comic muscles in Kindergarten Cop and did his usual ass-kicking in Total Recall. And if Madonna is just a children's-book author to you, take a look at her turn as Breathless Mahoney in Dick Tracy, and then watch her teach us how to Vogue! And forget about American Idol check out Paula Abdul strutting her stuff against MC Skat Kat in "Opposites Attract"!

Do you remember a time when you couldn't screen all your calls or get a Big Mac in Moscow? Why should you? 1990 brought us Caller ID and the first McDonald's in Russia. Think Tom and Penelope or Nicole and Lenny were sizzling hot? Well check out the original Hollywood hot couple, Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, as they light up the silver screen in Days of Thunder.

So if you long to run through the aisles at the grocery store, grabbing everything that will fit into your cart in Supermarket Sweep, if you still think 2 Live Crew has the right to get "As Nasty as They Wanna Be," if you are still worried that Julia and Kiefer may not wake up in Flatliners, check out I Love 1990 Part Deux!

Yo slick, blow!

I love 1991
So you're really, really a 90's fan? Well, try this on for size...1991 is back - it's bigger, it's badder. 1991 was the year that Ahhhnold Schwarzenegger revived The Terminator and the restaurant industry with the brand new Planet Hollywood. Robert DeNiro breathed some new life in to the remake of Cape Fear...and boy was that scary.

The music was diverse - Chris Isaak played those wicked games, Public Enemy and Anthrax joined forces for one crazy version of "Bring Tha Noise", Extreme rambled acoustically, and Bryan Adams declared that everything he did was for us.

It was all pretty fly but it paled in comparison to the biggest music event of the year - Lollapalooza. This crazy, new festival brought together all different kinds of musical acts plus sideshows and advocacy groups- a first of its kind that really helped shaped the decade.

The Rugrats put Nickelodeon on the map and Wilt Chamberlain's book A View From Above made some pretty big waves. 20,000?! Really?! David Duke got shot down in his bid for Louisiana governor and Native Americans went after the Atlanta Braves for the Tomahawk chop.

It's all good, isn't it? So throw on that big, puffy Starter jacket and put your beeper on vibrate. This is 1991 Part Deux! Ah, it feels like yesterday...

I swear, I know like 80 percent of those episodes of Rugrats by heart because my dang sister watches them. I am such a weardo. :laugh:

I love 1992
Troll Dolls really do make wishes come true...Grab yourself a box of Snackwells tell Teen Talk Barbie to shut it and sit down for a journey through the ups and downs of I Love The 90's: 1992. Again! After years of "Jumpin' Around" basketball phenomenon Larry Byrd retires from the sport in 1992. Who says White Men Can't Jump?

In the news that year Clinton inhaled. And Bush exhaled...his dinner all over the Japanese prime minister's lap. After years of beating the system charges finally stuck to mob kingpin John Teflon Don Gotti and he was put away for good in 92.

On the small screen Meatheads rejoiced at the opportunity to score some action on Studs the raunchier version of the Dating Game. Future Sex And The City Stud John Corbett (ya know Carrie Bradshaw's dreamy ex) first started heating things up in 92 in all places Alaska on Northern Exposure. And Little itty bitty people got an ass kickin' on American Gladiators.

On the airwaves ad nauseum. Mr. Big hit it big with Be With You. Ice T hit a nerve in 1992 with his catchy little number "Cop Killer" as did Sinead "Fight The Enemy" O'Connor who's appearance on SNL outraged viewers when she ripped up a picture of the pope. Whatever!

92's movie highlights include the return of Drew Barrymore. No longer the little girl lost she was sexy seductress found in Poison Ivy. Shocked men everywhere questioned whether their chicks had sticks thanks to the Crying Game. No weezing the Juice... Losers Pauly Shore and Sean Astin discover a Neanderthal in Encino Man and teach the ways of the world, So. Cal style. And speaking of Neanderthals Seattle slacker Cliff Poncier in Singles finally utters God Bless you to Bridget Fonda and they find love. Tissue. Tissue!

Both the Patch and Thighmaster hit the market that year and excited teen boys were buying anything that was between Suzanne Sommers thighs. John Gray's Men are From Mars And Women are from Venus flew off the shelves teaching us that men are like rubber bands and women are waves but sadly still not answering the age old question why do men leave the seat up?

And as if all that weren't enough the most valuable lesson to be learned from 1992 is There's no Crying in Baseball! This is I Love The 90's Part Deux stay tuned.

I love 1993
Well, folks, it's time to take another trip in the "Way Back" machine. And this time we're going all the way back to 1993. Again! I Love The 90s: Part Deux 1993 has got it all! And when we say "all", we mean "all the juicy stuff we couldn't fit in that first kick ass I Love The 90s series".

Watch Walker, Texas Ranger leave no ass unkicked in his search for justice! Marvel as Sly Stallone fights a mountain in Cliffhanger wearing nothing but a t-shirt! Witness Michael Douglas going berserk on behalf of middle class white men everywhere in Falling Down.

If you'd like a little less testosterone from your I LOVE THE series, fear not, 1993's got stuff for you sensitive types, too. Need some soul cleansing? Curl up with a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul. Invite over the ladies and pop in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Pour yourself a ZIMA and let the good times roll.

If insanity is your thing, we've got something for you nutbags, as well. Recall the madness that was The Animaniacs. Listen to Cypress Hill and they explain the psychological ramifications of being "Insane in the Membrane". And watch in horror as Monica Seles gets stabbed by a lunatic. In the middle of a match!

If all that wasn't enough we've still got the Energizer Bunny, True Romance, Frank Sinatra's Duets, Mrs. Doubtfire and plenty more!

Sit back folks, this is gonna be one wild ride!!!

I love 1994
Get ready to cover your eyes (And peek through your fingers). It's time for I Love the 90's: 1994 Part Deux! Take a trip back to the most frightening year of the 90's. From Interview With A Vampire to Tales From the Crypt to that really old guy that Anna Nicole Smith married, 1994 will scare you silly.

So what else lies within this totally terrifying year?

In `94, shocked men everywhere found out their buxom girlfriends were really just relying on the newest invention. The WONDERBRA.

New York City was turned upside down as the Rangers won the Stanley cup for the first time in 54 years. Meanwhile on the other side of the globe in Singapore, Michael Faye was turned upside down as he awaited his butt flogging punishment for vandalizing cars!

Tony Little, "America's Personal Trainer", was screaming us into shape on his infommercials for the Ab Isolator. And men in lederhosen were giving us medical advice Ricooolaaaaaaa.

As if Meatloaf needed a costume to be frightening, 1994 saw him dressing up as a beast. Dolores O'Riordan was yodeling about zombies, Beck was singing in Spanish, and the Benedictine monks were chanting about. Only god knows what - literally.

Mickey and Mallory embarked on wild killing sprees for kicks in Natural Born Killers. And what could be more unnerving than seeing Terrence Stamp, Guy Pearce, and Hugo Weaving dressed in drag and shaking their booties to Abba in "Priscilla Queen of the Desert"?

TV in `94 was just as mind-boggling as Wings, a show about some dudes in an airport, dominated. While Models Inc., a show about hot chicks living in a beach house together, was cancelled after one season.

So sit back, brace yourself, turn the lights way up, and grab a friend's hand.because this is I Love The 90's: 1994 Part Deux!

Well, folks, it's time to take another trip in the "Way Back" machine.

Way back.....sheesh , I still own a pair of '90's panties.

I love 1995
Admit it. You just can't get enough of 1995. We understand, neither can we. Sex, politics, the fashionable burger. It was that kind of year. So what made 1995 so darn unforgettable?Well, for starters, you may remember a little daytime soap opera called the OJ Simpson Trial, otherwise known as the Trial of the Century. The best little courtroom drama on TV also turned out to be television's first reality show.

If OJ didn't creep you out enough, then Kevin Spacey did the trick, delivering a one-two punch in the form of the pure evil. First he had everyone wondering who the hell Keyser Soze was in The Usual Suspects. Then, Kevin blissfully tormented us with Seven deadly sins.

Still, 1995 just wouldn't have been as much fun without the unstoppable gaffs of Newt Gingrich. Who can forget when Newt, suffering from a severe case of foot in mouth disease, declared women unfit for battle?

In 1995 we became a nation of over-caffeinated, coffee-snobs thanks to a little franchise known as Starbucks. Speaking of dining franchises, in '95 nothing said high fashion like eating a cheeseburger in the rarefied confines of the Fashion Cafe, courtesy of those one-name models Naomi, Elle, Christy, and Claudia.

On the trend front, '95 was also the year Woody Harrelson tried and failed to make hemp the fabric of our lives. Hemp's short lived popularity is something even Dionne Warwick and her Psychic Friends could have predicted.

Just the same, not even Ms. Cleo could have guessed what a beautiful woman Patrick Swayze would make in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar. And if you don't believe us, just call Mr. Moviefone. In '95 everyone was doing it.

Speaking of movies, the Mallrats went "Bombastic" for the alien in Species, making Natasha Henstridge an extra terrestrial we wouldn't mind being probed by.

So stayed tuned. We promise this isn't a Mariah
Carey "Fantasy."

As Montell Jordan said, "This is How We Do It" on I Love the 1995 Part Deux.

I love 1996
Located just past the halfway mark in this glorious decade we like to call The '90s, the year 1996 brought us enough pop culture drama to last a millennium. The Winter Olympic Games in Atlanta foisted the unbridled courage and determination of the US Women's Gymnastics team into the international spotlight. Bela Karoly's "You can do it!" rally cry is forever entrenched in our nation's consciousness.

Deion "Prime Time" Sanders was another `90s athlete who had no problems summoning the ability to `do it'. He played professional football and professional baseball but you may remember him more for his couture fashion sense and self-effacing sound bytes.

Other head-turning events from 1996 include the whiplash-inducing announcement that singer/songwriter David Crosby was (and still is!) the biological father of Julie Cypher and Melissa Etheridge's child. Yes, he still had a viable amount of healthy sperm despite the many times he rode in the Tour de France. Speaking of healthy sperm, Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson started an odd celebrity trend by making their home-made sex video available to the public. C'mon - you know it wasn't an accident. I doubt R. Kelly wanted his sex tapes to get out but that's neither here nor there because in 1996 "I Believe I Can Fly" turned out to be in much better taste than what was to come.

Michael Flatley's `Lord of the Dance' entranced Americans for five minutes in 1996. The sound of steel-tipped toe-shoes stomping in unison is now a not-too-distant memory but another product of 1996, Dave Matthews Band, from the fine state of Virginia, has yet to run its course. Just like the Dockers pants favored by their fans, DMB gets more comfortable the more you wear `em. Southerners are such an easy target, just ask Jeff Foxworthy. He spent his 15 minutes in 1996 making fun of rednecks. Not to say all people from the South are rednecks. Oh, never mind.

Completely ignoring the South, the beef between East and West coast hip-hoppers reached critical mass in 1996 with the shooting deaths of Biggie Smalls and Tupac Shakur. On a lighter note, television's Christian religion-themed 7th Heaven debuted in 1996 and hip-hop's been a much safer genre ever since. The Unabomber was finally brought to justice. Nice hair Kaczynski! George Clooney, on the other hand, was rocking the Caesar cut in 1996. Who knew Anne Heche would sport the Caesar, too?

Wait! 1996 was a banner year for hot men in film, I mean, what year is complete without a Tom Cruise flick? Who cares if the plot was enigmatic, he looked hot in Mission Impossible. Swingers was also packed with hot men. Evita sported the acting and singing talent of Antonio Banderas; a hottie in his own right but who could forget Madonna's turn at a period-piece musical? She nailed it! Right?

I love 1997
VH1's I Love The 90s is back and better than ever. Welcome to I Love The 90s: 1997 Part Deux!!!! 1997 was the YEAR OF GIRL POWER. From the launch of the all girl's basketball league the WNBA to the extreme makeovers of Paula Jones and Barbie to the sizzling sound of Meredith Brook's "Bitch". But don't forget about Demi Moore kicking ass in GI Jane and how about the HOTTEST teacher in the land, Mary Kay Le Tourneau! I mean, what was she thinking???

Not only were the women making noise in 97, the men were also holding there own, lets say note? From Kenny G's record breaking 45 minute and 47 second note! He held a note for how long??? To the smash hits of Sugar Rays "Fly" and Third Eye Blind's "Semi-Charmed Life."

1997 also brought us some of the most bizarre events in sports history...including Latrell Sprewell choking his coach PJ Carlesimo and Marv Albert biting his girlfriend! Sit Marv, sit!

Moving to the big screen, the young kids of Starship Troopers blasted on to the scene to save the universe from man eating bugs, George Clooney teamed up with Chris O'Donnell to keep the streets of Gotham safe in Batman and Robin and Harrison Ford saved the day as President of the United States in "Air Force One". The year also marked the break out performance of Jennifer Love Hewitt (and her breasts) in I Know What You Did Last Summer. What are you waiting for!!

Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino were in a shout-a-thon in the Devil's Advocate and Chris Farely and David Spade hit `em with a bunch of laughs with cult classic's like Tommy Boy and Black Sheep. But the year's best went to Leo DeCaprio and Kate Winslet in the smash hit Titanic. Iceberg straight ahead!!!

Turning to the small screen, Brandy's Moehsa was a hit for TV's UPN, making the singing sensation a household name.

So take out those Barbie Dolls and come take a cruise on the Titanic, this is 1997!

I love 1998
Into every decade, there is a chosen one. One year created to entertain the masses and to kick ass like no other. Get ready to trip out 90's style. Welcome to I Love The 90's: Part Deux. This is 1998 all over again!!!

Size really did matter at the box office. In more ways than one. Godzilla got an American makeover when the worlds most pissed off lizard gave action star Matthew Broderick a run for his money. Matt Dillon got up close and very personal to Kevin's bacon in the erotic mystery, Wild Things. Adam Sandler became the king of the big screen when he drenched audiences with laughs as the slow, but hard hitting Waterboy. Wesley Snipes took a bite out of the competition as superhuman Blade. The Noxema girl shocked us all when she brought some scary Urban Legends to life. And that crazy German chick ran her ass off in Run Lola Run.

If movies weren't your scene, there was always the music. Alanis Morissette "Thank-ed You" and anyone else who would listen. Prodigy got rough when they "Smacked My Bitch Up". Warren Beatty became a "Ghetto Superstar" thanks to Pras. And the Barenaked Ladies proved that white guys from Canada can rap like no other with their fast talking hit "One Week."

But wait...there's even more!!!

Jesse Camp has everyone wondering how he managed to become MTV's newest vee-jay. VH1 gave the world a nostalgic, albeit formulaic look Behind the Music. And the world bid a sad farewell to the tastiest spice on the rack when Ginger left her British pop mates behind.

But the spirit of Girl Power was kept alive on the small screen when Sarah Michelle Gellar staked her claim as primetimes toughest and sexiest vampire slayer. And Michael J. Fox kept things up and running as the deputy mayor of New York on the hit sitcom Spin City.

Mother Nature rained on everyone's parade with the help of one annoying baby boy. Oprah bit off more than she could chew when she took on the beef industry. Naomi Campbell kept in touch with her assistant thanks to a very dangerous cell phone. And Gary Coleman had some Diff'rent Strokes with the law after punching a fan.

There's all that and lots more.so, grab a Subway sandwich with a side of Olestra, hold onto your ass, and crack open those glow sticks because it's time to rave like never before...this is I Love The 90's: 1998 - Part Deux."

IML Gear Cream!
I love 1999
It's I Love The 90s: 1999 - Part Deux and it feels like warm apple pie...ok just kidding. We have Garth Brooks!! Oh wait, sorry he decided to bring out his alter ego Chris Gaines this year, but don't worry, Jay-Z & Eminem are keeping it real. Cher clocked in just in time to deliver her big hit of the 90's. Sarah, Reese & Ryan teach us some new ways to be naughty and Matthew McConaughey plays us a tune on his bongos...naked!

Don Johnson and some freaks & geeks kept us glued to the tv, although we kept wondering where Chong was??? Sponge Bob & Patrick giggled their way into our hearts and the romantic love tales of blind date were always sure to deliver smut and scandal!!

We anoint our true American hero award to Lance Armstrong-who wins the tour de France for the first time this year! All with one testical!! And if that doesn't make you a believer- Creed came through loud and clear with a promise to take us higher.

1999 stretched our imaginations to the outer limits, where portals could take us into the mind & body of John Malkovich, where a Cajun cook could "Bam" his way into our kitchen! So grab yourself a Red bull and tell Fred Durst that he can take that cookie and shove it up his...what??? 1999 is back!!!

Back