• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Exercises to bulk DOWN chest??

joecheck

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm wondering if anyone can give me advice on toning my chest without making it larger. My chest is naturally big and I am susceptible to manboobs when I put a few pounds. I'm working on my overall weightloss so they will naturally go down but I also don't want to be working out my chest in a way that will make it bigger (even if it will be muscle rather than fat).

I typically try to do less weight and up my reps (I think that's generally correct?) but I'm wondering if anyone can give more specific advice on a good chest routine to keep it toned and toned down. Thanks!

Lose weight. You cant "tone down". You can do one of four things:

1. Put on fat.
2. Put on muscle.
3. Lose muscle.
4. Lose fat.

You want to do #2 and #4, not #1 and #3.

joecheck said:
I'm wondering if anyone can give me advice on toning my chest without making it larger. My chest is naturally big and I am susceptible to manboobs when I put a few pounds. I'm working on my overall weightloss so they will naturally go down but I also don't want to be working out my chest in a way that will make it bigger (even if it will be muscle rather than fat).

I typically try to do less weight and up my reps (I think that's generally correct?) but I'm wondering if anyone can give more specific advice on a good chest routine to keep it toned and toned down. Thanks!

keep the reps high, in the 15 rep range.

Doing less reps between 8-10 causes hypertrophy which increases the size of muscle cells. So if you just want strength and/or power, use more weight less reps. Or you could just go for endurance and do over 15 reps.

that's simple. don't increase your working loads. use the same weight(s) for chest each training session

Why not lift heavy and cut fat?

MWpro said:
haha

cheers to one of the silliest questions i've ever read
:rolleyes: What the hell is so silly about it? Way to make the new guy feel welcome. No question is silly if you don't know the answer to it. He's learning!

I agree with Chris, I never bother the new members.
I was once a new member under a different name and felt very unwelcomed.
I wait for them to get used to this place and then I rag on them.

Back