• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Looking for articles.....

MtnBikerChk

Stealth Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
on why ketosis (and fad diets like Atkins) is/are BAD!

Thanks.

the Jan/Feb issue of Muscle media happens to have that topic.

Results:
Mostly water and Lean Muscle loss.

Other problems were the surplus of saturated fat, and scarcity of fiber.

Also, compromised vitamin and mineral intake is a problem.

The article says that short term use may not be harmful, but there are no long term studies out there.

:thumb:

Originally posted by MtnBikerChk
on why ketosis (and fad diets like Atkins) is/are BAD!

Thanks.

I do not think you will find much that says ketogenic diets are bad.

There should be plenty available on "fad diets", try a search on www.Google.com

I've forced myself into DEEP ketosis-very dark purple strips- for up to 3 months at a time.

and had no side effects at all. actually quite positive results.

I drink a ton of water when I do it just to make sure.

Originally posted by w8lifter
Why do you think keto's are bad?

Well, I'm not sure what I think about it - right now I'm trying to read as much as I can and figure it out.

I am, however, leaning this way...............

"Gail Frank, PhD, spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association and professor of nutrition at California State University, Long Beach, says, "The body needs a minimum of carbohydrates for efficient and healthy functioning -- about 150 grams daily." Below that, normal metabolic activity is disrupted, she says. "The brain needs glucose to function efficiently, and it takes a long time to break down fat and protein to get to the brain." Carbohydrates, especially in the form of vegetables, grains, and fruits, are more efficiently converted to glucose. And this more efficient use of glucose has developed over a long period of time, according to Frank. "Fruits and berries are much more indicative of early man's eating pattern than eating only protein, and we haven't changed all that much physiologically."

Yeah, I hate that arguement how man used to live so & so......like any of that shiat applies to this day and age. The same could be said about meat.....we used to kill & eat wooly mammoth's 24/7 too :D

"The brain needs glucose to function efficiently,

When you first start a keto diet, you do go through a period of feeling like shit. You're sluggish, feel like you have no energy ,etc. This is because your body is in the midst of change.....going from using glucose for energy to using ketones for energy, the whole adjustment period varies, but usually takes about two weeks. Your brain can function just as efficiently using ketones.

Now my opinion on a keto is that they are very good for fat loss, because there is no insulin release w/ the diet...as I said in another thread insulin inhibits fat-loss. The training on keto is brutal though. You can't expect to gain muscle on this diet.

I would not suggest anyone stay on this diet of diet forever. But it is very effective for fat loss.

Last edited:
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk

"Fruits and berries are much more indicative of early man's eating pattern than eating only protein, and we haven't changed all that much physiologically."

I should have left that out - because I do think that is crap.

I meant the other stuff.

I will try and find the article, but as I remember, it states that 60 grams is the magic number (carbs) for the body to be able to operate.

I have dropped carbs to about that number before. You tend to forget things like your wife's name, what you drove to work, how to log into a computer and where the bathroom is.

Actually, you could probably survive as long as you had complex carbs. But try only getting 60 gms of SIMPLE carbs, i.e. brocolli or lettuce. The word comatose comes to mind. Or contest dieting.

Personally, I have never tried a ketogenic diet. Dan Ducaine supported it though.

hmm 60gram of carbs... that be the day i die to try that hhehe

IML Gear Cream!
I have a friend that went on the Atkin's Diet and it worked well for him. What's wrong with the Atkin's Diet?

The game

I operated for over 3 months on less that 20g of carbs a day.

no problem at all.

If anyone is interested in a low carb diet, this book is a must read " Natural Hormonal Enhancement " by Rob Faigin. It`s a program naturally enhancing fat-burning, muscle-building, and anti-aging hormones. I highly recommend this book and you can read all about it here www.bodybuilding.com/store/nhe/book.html .

Back