• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Alpha lipoic acid

CJMAJOR

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
A quick question for everyone here. I was reading in a magazine that alpha lipolic acid helps muscles retain the creatine better than supplements that dont use this. I was just wondering if anyone told alpha lipolic acid. I mix my creatine with dextrose and take it but i guess its a big supplement in cell-tech and they are really talking it up. Just wondered what everyone thought.

Well i have found alpha lipolic acid pills so should i try them or does everyone think thats not a good idea?

From what I've read, ALA won't hurt you. As to its effects on creatine, I have no idea, but it is an antioxidant and thus is helpful in fighting free radicals.

First of all what are free radicals? And second of all can i come to the conclusion that no one here uses alpha lipolic acid for creatine retention?

from http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/antiox.html

Free radicals are atoms or groups of atoms with an odd (unpaired) number of electrons and can be formed when oxygen interacts with certain molecules. Once formed these highly reactive radicals can start a chain reaction, like dominoes. Their chief danger comes from the damage they can do when they react with important cellular components such as DNA, or the cell membrane. Cells may function poorly or die if this occurs. To prevent free radical damage the body has a defense system of antioxidants.

Antioxidants are molecules which can safely interact with free radicals and terminate the chain reaction before vital molecules are damaged.

And from http://www.ceri.com/freerad.htm

If the electrons split up, the atoms are free radicals (molecules with an unpaired electron). The unpaired electrons are highly energetic and seek out other electrons with which to pair and stealing them in the process. This electron ???rip off??? is what makes free radicals both useful and dangerous.

Since most electrons exist in a paired state, free radicals often end up reacting with paired electrons. When they do so, one of the electrons pairs with the (former) free radical and the ???odd electron out??? becomes another free radical (odd plus even equals odd). Only when a free radical pairs up with another free radical is the free radical terminated (odd plus odd equals even).

Antioxidants (also known as free radical scavengers) function by offering easy electron targets for free radicals. In absorbing a free radical, antioxidants ???trap??? (de-energize or stabilize) the lone free-radical electron and make it stable enough to be transported to an enzyme which combines two stabilized free radicals together to neutralize both.

So does anyone here feel i should try them or that it is safe to try it? Because the recommended dose is 200 mg a day with creatine

You're very welcome! Good luck with it. My first bottle of ALA literally just arrived in the mail--along with the other antioxidants mentioned in the "pyramid" article.

IML Gear Cream!
Can i ask which brand you went with and where is the best place to purchase it at? Here is a link for EAS that is pretty cheap

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/eas/ala.html.

I am not sure if their is any cheaper but in the article it listed EAS as a good brand for this. If you have good results with it and have a chance send me a message please and again thanks for your help with this subject.

Back