• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Question RE: The Effect of steroids on cancerous cells

Cold Iron

High $ociety
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My friend's dad was telling him that steroids accelerate the whole cancer process if you are susceptible. He was saying the family has this cancerous gene, and if his son were to ever take steroids, he could basically consider himself a goner. In one sense I could see how this could be true, like if youre susceptible to MPB and you take a certain steroid that has a high conversion to DHT, it just accelerates the process

BUT I vaguely remember reading something on here that contradicts this and that steroids are being used to treat cancer patients??? Also I believe there is someone on IM that has personally experienced this.

Any opinions on this?

thx

rubbish...

there is a lot more to cancer cell proliferation than that. sex steroids can act as mediators to cell proliferation and cell death. for instance some androgens inhibit cell death and induce cell proliferation in the rat prostate, while others inhibit prostate cell proliferation.

blanket statements about "steroids" simply can not be made. GH is much more likely to cause cancer cell proliferation than anabolic or androgenic steroids.

Thx Lam. I was specifically going to address this question to you b/c I knew you would have an answer, lol.

But fact is, early stages of prostate cancer and supraphysiological levels of testosterone are deadly... and we all recommend test as the base of all cycles. You don't usually conveniently know if you have the early stages of prostate cancer, which is the most common cancer in males.

Interesting JD, thanks. I needed a quick response earlier today, but now I have time to research it myself.

JerseyDevil said:
But fact is, early stages of prostate cancer and supraphysiological levels of testosterone are deadly... and we all recommend test as the base of all cycles. You don't usually conveniently know if you have the early stages of prostate cancer, which is the most common cancer in males.

true, but 70 percent of men diagnosed with prostate cancer each year are over the age of 65. so the odds of a 20 year old having the early stages of prostant cancer are slim to none.

There is no correlation between anabolic use and gene mutation.Most genetic cancerous cells are oncogenes, which normally direct cell growth but when mutated, can induce or promote the uncontrolled spread of cancer. Every substance that influence the mutation of oncogenes is not known, but one outside cause is overexposure to carcinogens. One example would be the possibility of lung cancer from smoking.The potential for an oncogene to mutate is influenced by genetics, which is what explains genetic vunerability to prostate cancer, breast cancer etc. In your case, one cycle is not going to cause the mutation of an oncogene, so this is not true. Long term abuse could possibly cause cancer, but long term abuse of everything causes cancer.

Back