• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

pulling better than pushing

Dante

tryin to grow...
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
my bi's and back are my two strongest muscle groups. ive trained chest and tri's just as long and hard but they aren't as developed. My friend suggested that my pulling exercises are better (more efficient) than pushing- he is right on- and now that i think about it they have always been. if anyone saw the weight i curl or row they would assume i bench more.

i was wondering if anyone has this same problem or has ever heard of it. also if more volume is the best way for pushing to catch up to pulling?

everybody has their lifts.

I agree. Push and pull lifts are both good for overall development. Don't neglect one for the other.

Variation is also a key factor in getting your "push" to catch up to your "pull". Change up your routine every 6-8 weeks or so. If the only thing you do to build a stronger chest is BP then you will hit a plateau

I switch up my routine every week : alternating presses- bar and db, order, incline, flat, decline. same with flies, crossovers & dips. i'm not currently on a plateau- my pulling muscles are just more advanced than pushing

My push movements are way better than my pull movements, opposite of you. I can bench 300, but 95 lb curls are a real b1tch for me. You'd think a guy benchin 300 would be able to whip through 95lb curls, not me, I know guys benching almost 100 less than me that can out curl me big time. Like P funk said everyone has their strong points.

Could simply be your efficiency with benching, it is a compound lift. The more muscles you effectively utilize, the more you press.

good info- ill just have to work harder on my bp. i have tried many dif. chest workouts and some have added some weight to my bp but it is still not where it needs to be.

have you guys read any articles or know of anything in pirticular that have helped you strengthen your bench press?

Bench form link in my signature. I flat bench for 3-5 sets, and incline for 2. I dont do any flys or anything like that.

Form first, the rest will come with time.

My tricep movements are also based on simple movements, close grip benches, and sometimes an overhead dumbell press. I rarely do pushdowns, kickbacks or any light movements.

Delt stuff, is almost non-existent for me. I do a set of side laterals and a very light rotator set, I dont do any overhead pressing or rear delt stuff. Pressing and pulling covers that, my delts haven't been affected because of this lack of training other than the dont bother me anymore (knock on wood).

wow ive had shoulder problems in the past and when i first started lifting my shoulder would kill during bench press. for delts- i do heavy db overhead presses/ arnold presses/ lat raise/ bent raise /front raise- alternating sitting, standing, cable, db, etc. you think this delt routine is too much and could be effecting my bench press?

IML Gear Cream!
Well, first locking down the bench form to take pressure off the shoulders is a start. They still come into play, but to a lesser extent.

From there, like I said, I do ZERO overhead pressing, I do only side laterals, 1, sometimes 2 sets, and a light set of rotator work.

You already hit your delts every time you press and pull, so you are training them twice by doing extra delt work IMO. For me it works, it wasn't an idea I invented its more a powerliters thing. Those guys move lots of weight so to reduce abuse on the body they come up with those things, and honestly my delts have not suffered from it.

I'm the opposite of you. My push muscles are better developed and stronger than my pull muscles. My lats and biceps are so small, it really sucks. My chest, shoulders, and triceps are halfway decent for my size though.

extensors should be able to produce more force than flexors. for example if you can leg curl more than you can leg extension or bicep curl more than you can close grip bench I would say the problem lies in your training.

I have that problem with my biceps I can curl a lot for my size but my other mucsles arn't as developed.

I can def move a lot more weight with my extensors. im talking in relative terms: example in my training: one arm db row 100lbs. for 10-12 reps. Flat Bench (Bar) up to 225 5-7 reps. DB. flat press: 85lbs 5-7 reps.
Bar curl: 115 8 reps. Close Grip Press: 175 8 reps
Doesnt it seem like i should be pushing 10-20% more weight?

Back