• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Just got diagnosed with...

Where is it located? And what kind?

yea Rob, got it on my elbow....theres some cream the doc gave me, its un noticeable but it never goes away fully.....sucks

I've had it since a kid. Just use my cream and it's fine :thumbs:

Can actually be due to incomplete protein digestion, maybe consider taking enzyme supplement with protease. Also, tanning beds/sunlight is said to help. Lots of homeopathic remedies for this, talk to a naturopath or chiro with nutrition experience if you're interested. :)

Kimber said:
Can actually be due to incomplete protein digestion, maybe consider taking enzyme supplement with protease.

even though I do not believe in taking enzymes this is an interesting theory... when I think back the last several years I increased my protein by almost double. :hmmm:

Robert DiMaggio said:
even though I do not believe in taking enzymes
why not, if you don't mind me asking?

Kimber said:
why not, if you don't mind me asking?

because then your body does not have to produce them.

what happens when you do not take the enzymes, will your body still produce them?

even though it is different I see it like when you take hormones your body then stop producing them because it is not necessary, when you stop taking the hormones there is a rebound before your body begins producing the hormones at a normal level again.

this may be completely different, but that is how I have always viewed it. :shrug:

reasonable logic....my thought would be that you're probably taking in large (I'm just making an assumption here ;) ) amounts of protein that your body can't reasonably keep up with for a long period of time. every regulatory system in our body that I can think of has a tap-out point where it gives up, or maybe there was a deficiency to start with. I'm just thinking out loud, have to read more to offer an educated opinion. BUT, I do know that incomplete protein breakdown is a cause/contributing factor for psoriasis, food sensitivities/allergies can do this as well and a typical bodybuilder diet consists of all the foods people are most commonly sensitive/allergic to...chicken, eggs, milk, wheat, oats and peanut butter. Just something to consider.:)

IML Gear Cream!
actually, now that I think about it, hormones react with specific receptor sites so "unnatural" hormone use can block those sites and inhibit "natural" release. Digestive enzymes are by the digestive mechanism...I don't think its in response to receptor sites....I'm going to stop talking now and go find a book!

Ok, so apparently I'm not the only who didn't know the mechanism by which digestive enzymes were released because there appears to be some controversy between mechanical and chemical. I did find one study that demonstrated a protease mediated feedback mechanism in humans but it only inhibited natural enzyme production at high levels of supplementation. So, you're right, taking enzymes may interfere with your natural production.

Interesting that cultures which ingest high amounts of fish have no recorded psoriasis (traditional eskimos, Greenland tribes still predominantly fishing cultures).

Thus, fish oil may be protective.

With this epidimiological anomaly in mind, New England Journal of Medicine did a double blinded placebo controlled trial that showed no benefit.......but there was one major fallability of that study....it only studied the study subjects for nine months. Epidemiologists think it takes at least a year of ingesting high doses of fish oil (6000mg or more of omega -3 -fatty acides) before there is benefit. Thus, this study was premature in its conclusion because they did not carry it out long enough.

Just something to ponder.

If you want something innocuous try the vitamin d creams that have been shown in clinical trials to help with minor forms of plaque psoriasis called Dovonex.

bandaidwoman said:
Interesting that cultures which ingest high amounts of fish have no recorded psoriasis (traditional eskimos, Greenland tribes still predominantly fishing cultures).

With this epidimiological anomaly in mind, New England Journal of Medicine did a double blinded placebo controlled trial that showed no benefit.......but there was one major fallability of that study....it only studied the study subjects for nine months. Epidemiologists think it takes at least a year of ingesting high doses of fish oil (6000mg or more of omega -3 -fatty acides) before there is benefit. Thus, this study was premature in its conclusion because they did not carry it out long enough.

If you want something innocuous try the vitamin d creams that have been shown in clinical trials to help with minor forms of plaque psoriasis called Dovonex.

she always beats me to it!!!

fish oil has been the best remedy that I have come across....I know several people who have significantly decreased their symptoms with high doses of fish oil....which you should be taking anyway!

i do at least 5000mg a day in capsules not to mention i am doing salmon once per day as well now that I am back on my cutting diet.

the digestive enzymes do not have a downregulation mechanism like hormones do...so take them...its worth a shot.

Fish oils and topical cream are the best natural remedies. Also, natural Oilve Oil soap is amazing.

I would stay away from any homeopathics. Taking liquids that show no trace of anything except purified water is outdated quackery, and has been thourougly debunked by modern science. If you think I'm joking, read this:

http://skepdic.com/homeo.html

"Homeopathy is rejected as pseudoscience (functioning to some extent through the placebo effect) by the majority of the scientific and medical establishment in the United States and Western Europe."

From the National Council Against Health Fraud:

"Recommendations
The NCAHF advises consumers not to buy homeopathic products or to patronize homeopathic practitioners. Basic scientists are urged to be proactive in opposing the marketing of homeopathic remedies because of conflicts with known physical laws. Those who study homeopathic remedies are warned to beware of deceptive practices in addition to applying sound research methodologies. State and federal regulatory agencies are urged to require homeopathic products to meet the same standards as regular drugs, and to take strong enforcement actions against violators, including the discipline of health professionals who practice homeopathy. States are urged to abolish homeopathic licensing boards."

http://www.ncahf.org/pp/homeop.html

[Samuel] Hahnemann [the 18/19th century ???inventor??? of homeopathy] used a process of sequential dilution and to prepare his medications. He would dilute an extract of some ???natural??? herb or mineral, one part medicine to ten parts water, or 1:10, shake the solution, and then dilute it another factor of ten, resulting in a total dilution of 1:100. Repeating that a third time gives 1:1000, etc. Each sequential dilution would add another zero. He would repeat the procedure many times. Extreme dilutions are easily achieved by this method. The dilution limit is reached when a single molecule of the medicine remains. Beyond that point, there is nothing left to dilute. In over-the-counter homeopathic remedies, for example, a dilution of 30X is fairly standard. The notation 30X means the substance was diluted one part in ten and shaken, and then this was repeated sequentially thirty times. The final dilution would be one part medicine to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 parts of water. That would be far beyond the dilution limit. To be precise, at a dilution of 30X you would have to drink 7,874 gallons [30 m³] of the solution to expect to get just one molecule of the medicine. Compared to many homeopathic preparations, even 30X is concentrated. Oscillococcinum, the standard homeopathic remedy for flu, is derived from duck liver, but its widespread use in homeopathy poses little threat to the duck population???the standard dilution is an astounding 200C. The C means the extract is diluted one part per hundred and shaken, repeated sequentially two hundred times. That would result in a dilution of one molecule of the extract to every 10400 molecules of water???that is, 1 followed by 400 zeroes. But there are only about 1080 (1 followed by 80 zeroes) atoms in the entire universe. A dilution of 200C would go far, far beyond the dilution limit of the entire visible universe!

IML Gear Cream!
hey, that sounds like what I have on my back. Holly shit, I'm glad this thread came about.

bandaidwoman said:

I take fish oil capsules twice per day everyday and have been doing so for a few years now. :shrug:

Robert DiMaggio said:
I take fish oil capsules twice per day everyday and have been doing so for a few years now. :shrug:

Maybe not taking enough? The metaanalysis studies etc. suggest an equivalent of 6000-90000 mg a day? Or... is there something intrinsic to fish that may not be the fish oil...that is something I don't think anyone has figured out.

Or... is there something intrinsic to fish that may not be the fish oil...that is something I don't think anyone has figured out.

Very good point. I think about this in realtion to many supplements all the time.

Rob, how many do you take? Research I read says 6,000mg. minimum, and it takes a year to see the kind of results noticed in Inuit populations.

Back