• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

I threw my back out...

huesoloco

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
During deadlifts I guess I might have done that. A couple days later I had to run a mile and a half, and after a half a mile my lower back was in so much pain. My rugby team has a weekly chiropractor, and he told me that leaning back on a SL Deadlift is what caused the vertabrae to whatever the hell happened. Now i'm wondering how long this thing is gonna take to heal b/c I really can run much at all. :mad:

you probably just strained an erector, I have done it many times, rest it.

it's too late now, but the first 48 hours you should have applied ice to your back for 15 minute sessions, at this point you might want to apply heat to help relax and loosen it.

I would check if you herniated a disc in your back. Same thing happened to me and I though it was just a lower back strain and the problem didn't go away for a long time. Better to treat it now instead of waiting or you won't be 100% anymore

ZAGLOBA said:
I would check if you herniated a disc in your back. Same thing happened to me and I though it was just a lower back strain and the problem didn't go away for a long time. Better to treat it now instead of waiting or you won't be 100% anymore

it's highly unlikely that an 18 year herniated a disk from SLDLs.

I am only 22 and it happened when I was 21, so I personally wouldn't say it's highly unlikely

I hurt my back w/ deadlifts in early October and it's still not right.

i would go to see the chiro regularly to get everything moving correctly again....if it doesnt significantly improve after 3 weeks of chiro care there may be a more serious problem and your chiro should be able to tell you if he/she thinks further diagnostic tests are needed (like an MRI).

make sure you know the proper form on the BIG lifts so that you dont re-injure yourself. I would rather squat 405 injury free in good form then 500 with sloppy form and screw up my back forever. Have an experienced lifter/trainer critique your lifts so that you can ensure you are doing them properly.

Zagloba: (or anyone else on this board) know what the treatment for a herniated disk?

Prince: I am 21 and have injured my back doing SLDL after a heavy legg workout (including squats). Upon injury the pain ran all the ways down my left leg. Do you think it is improbably that this was cause by pressure on the sciatic nerve running down my left leg (pressure from a herniated disk)?

Back