• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

@Cardio - Want to keep weight but do Cardio

Unsivilized

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey,

I want to gain weight but the only weight i want to gain is MUSCLE. Will cardio 3 times a week burn away my gained muscle from weight lifting? I have a x-country carnival in 4 weeks and I want to be able to win it, but I also want to gain muscle.

Will cardio eat away my muscle gains?
What kind of cardio should I do to train for it?
How long should the cardio sessions be?
Should I eat carbs after a cardio workout to stop the weight loss?

Thanx

so the only reason you want to do cardio is training for your x-country carnival?

you have to think about this:

recomended bulking calorie intake per day
calories burned during exercises

recomended bulking calorie intake per day + calories burned during exercises = what you should be eating including the x-country training

best idea would be do have some liquid carbs after the workout, and eat a little bit extra to compensate for the calories burned (preferrably protein + carbs).

Im thinkign the best cardio would be just to use the x-country trainer. Do either a hill climb or random program and keep the resistance level high.

Doesnt matter how long the cardio session should be as long as you compensate for calorie burned. Try to keep your TOTAL workout session no longer than an hour and a half since cortisol (a hormone that breaks down protein) builds up greatly.

work out your diet around the amont of calories you burn during cardio and that way you can increase you diet to allow for what your burning of and should begin to gain muscle mass

HIIT a couple times a week. Keep it <20 minutes per session. Best done on non-weightlifting days

I would train specifically for the X-country for the next 4 weeks, then worry about gaining muscle afterwards.

Your'e in a bit of a catch 22 here. Have you seen champion long distance runners? skinny as hell. Not to say that you can't be one with higher than average muscle mass cause maybe you can. If you want to get good at the x country then you need to train as such, in other words, run x country. To ensure you don't lose muscle you need to eat so that you are still in a calorie surplus like Machher said.

I am quite good at sprinting and I am not to bad at long distance running. It is just harder for me when it comes to long distance running as I am around 130 pounds and only 162 cms (around 10% b/f). I might train until x-country and then bulk afterwards or I might just not train. It is no big deal if I do not win as I completely despise long distance running. Although I wouldn't mind to win and the extra fitness would be greatly appreciated for rugby season. I do not want to lose my gains and if I do x-country training then I would be eating so much more food to make up for the loss.

Where can I find links for "HIIT"?
As I am not quite sure what it is.

Thanx

Cold Iron said:
HIIT a couple times a week. Keep it <20 minutes per session. Best done on non-weightlifting days

When you say 20 minutes per session, do you mean 20 minute sof HIIT, or 5 minutes of warmup and then 15 minutes of hiit?

Back