• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cut THIS: GG's First Cutting Journal

GoalGetter

is still around...
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
OK so as the rumor goes, yeah, I decided to compete in a figure comp this year. Although I'm not taking the competition itself seriously, I'm taking my journey to it VERY seriously. It is just another goal to work toward. Something a little more challenging than just losing weight and keeping it off. Getting your body in competition shape, just to prove to yourself that you can do it. You know? So yeah. I'm here, and I'm doing it.

First things first.

Tomorrow I will be 12 weeks out. The show is June 4. That is the goal. I PLAN to be ready for that day, but if I'm not, I've got my sights set on another show in October, which actually is a natural show. The June 4th show is not. But for now, June 4th it is. I'll bust my ass the next 12 weeks to get there.

Patrick's helping me with training, Jodi's helping me with diet, Jodie is going to get hit with 40,000 questions about my posing suit(s), and everyone else is being very supportive and not letting me quit. This is fantastic. Thanks to all of you. This is going to be exciting as hell for me, and I'm happy that my IM family is by my side.

Starting measurements, and weight, as of today (except body fat, which I didn't get done, maybe i can have it done today or tomorrow at the gym).

BW: 105.5
Waist: 27 (yeah i gained back the .75 i had lost)
Hips: 33.75
Upper thigh: 20.25
Lower thigh: 17.25
Chest: (including boobs) 32.75 / chest: (above boobs) 33.75
Shoulders: 37.75
Bicep relaxed: 10
Foream: 8.5
Calf: 13

I'm not sure what else, if anything, I'm supposed to include in a cutting journal, as opposed to my regular ol' journal from before, so everyone feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, yadda yadda...

And with that... here we go! Let's start cutting (well I officially start tomorrow, really).

Oh yeah, and tonight, I am allowed to have an all-out cheat meal, which will probably include pizza, garlic bread and some kind of cake (chocolate, or a slice of cake from Cake Design - my favorite cake bakery down here). Knowing me, though, that will most likely not even happen because I will be wracked with guilt after the first bite. hahahaha! I'll probably buy angel food cake and pretend it's Cake Design.

WAHOOOOOOOOOO, I"m the first to post in your new journal :D :hot: :banana: :rocker: k, now I'll go back and actually read your first post :lol:

Velvet said:
WAHOOOOOOOOOO, I"m the first to post in your new journal :D :hot: :banana: :rocker: k, now I'll go back and actually read your first post :lol:
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! I'm honored that you are my first post. :) :kiss:

You are going to do awesome, shit, look how far you've come, nothing short of amazing!! Of course, I'll be following along and supporting you the whole way sista!!! Oh man, and you enjoy that last supper eh? LMAO...shovel it in!!! Make it worth it..ohhhhh....I can just imagine the gluttony :D

LMAO :kiss: You go girl! I wish you could be here to party with us this weekend :(

Velvet said:
You are going to do awesome, shit, look how far you've come, nothing short of amazing!! Of course, I'll be following along and supporting you the whole way sista!!! Oh man, and you enjoy that last supper eh? LMAO...shovel it in!!! Make it worth it..ohhhhh....I can just imagine the gluttony :D
Thanks, Jeni.

As far as "shoveling it in" HAHAHAHA i doubt I'll do it. :(

The guilt. I wouldn't be able to handle it.

But in case i do... hmmm what do you think?

Main Course:
Cuban Food (arroz con pollo, which is yellow rice and chicken with spices), or Italian (a big slice of pizza, some garlic bread)?

Dessert:
Flan? Slice of Chocolate Cake? Slice of Cake Design wedding cake? Cinnabon? Ben and Jerry?

I want to pick only ONE from each of those categories, although honestly, I am obssessing about having myself a platter with a sampling of everything i wont' be eating the next 12 weeks hahahahaha but that is unrealistic. So yeah, must choose one of each (which as i mentioned, I will probably not even be able to shovel in anyway).

Whaddaya think?:barf::nanner:

Um, I'd go with the Italian..and ALL of the desserts (if I wasn't a recovering sugarholic like me :D ) What is design wedding cake?

I'm so happy your competing, you'll do awesome girl, hell you already LOOK like you compete :thumb: .

Are you going to still post your diet? Any idea of what kind of macros your going to use and what your calorie level will be?

Velvet said:
Um, I'd go with the Italian..and ALL of the desserts (if I wasn't a recovering sugarholic like me :D ) What is design wedding cake?
Cake Designs is a fancy wedding cake bakery, run by this lady named Edda.

http://www.cakedesignsbyedda.com/

Her cakes are AWESOME. It is what I would always request as my cake for my birthday at the office at my old job. Then I got everyone else wanting that kind of cake too for their birthday. And all my friends who have gotten married in the past few years have had this cake (or her competitor's/ex-partner's cake) as their wedding cake.

ncgirl21 said:
I'm so happy your competing, you'll do awesome girl, hell you already LOOK like you compete :thumb: .

Are you going to still post your diet? Any idea of what kind of macros your going to use and what your calorie level will be?
HEy Andi! Thanks! :)

I'm excited, to say the least. And scared, too. :)

As far as macros. The cut will be 1400-1450 calories, isocaloric (33/33/33) for now. I will be posting my diet, yes. I start tomorrow, so I will start posting it tomorrow. Today's food will be the same as what i've been eating the past four weeks or so... still isocaloric but in the 1650-1700 range: turkey, chicken, tuna, salmon, brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, etc... nothing exciting to report. The only exception today will be that planned cheat meal tonight, which as you might have read, i may not be able to follow through with, because of the mental anguish afterward hahaha!

IML Gear Cream!
Peppermint Tea

I have a feeling this tea will be what gets me through the next 12 weeks. It isn't sweet so it doesn't send me on a sugar craving like those yummy dessert teas from Celestial Seasonings. It isn't "herby" tasting like green tea, so it doesn't make me gag every time i take a sip. It is minty, so i feel like i just brushed my teeth every time I drink it.

It's the perfect tea.

Based on your BFL accomplishment, I'd have to say that even though YOU might not take the competition itself seriously, if you're taking the journey to get there seriously, the competition better be at their best. You are one of those people that sets a goal and doesn't stop till it's accomplished. You have two people who are just as dedicated to helping you when it comes to competitions. Although the end result for you isn't the goal, I am excited to see just how far you will go in the comp. I'd be willing to wager that you'll place. Good luck Miss GG. :D

GoalGetter said:
I have a feeling this tea will be what gets me through the next 12 weeks. It isn't sweet so it doesn't send me on a sugar craving like those yummy dessert teas from Celestial Seasonings. It isn't "herby" tasting like green tea, so it doesn't make me gag every time i take a sip. It is minty, so i feel like i just brushed my teeth every time I drink it.

It's the perfect tea.

:laugh: Sounds yummy!

Good luck Ivonne. You're going to tear it up at that competition. You definitely have the dedication to get into figure competition level shape.

Good luck girlie, I KNOW you'll be ready in time!!! ;)

GoalGetter said:

It's the perfect tea.
Don't let Jodi know your like or rely on something or it'll be yanked before you know what's going on LOL!!! J/K, well not really. Your going to do awesome with this. Of course Patrick is a great trainer and Jodi definately knows her stuff and really takes training someone like this very seriously. Your in great hands. Hell, I thought you could compete in a competition now though. Are you doing the same show as Patrick?

Good Luck Ivy, I know you'll do awesome, you've come so far in such a short time. Can't wait to follow along in your new journal :D

good luck GG, i've been/will be following your progress.

have any plans in terms of diet and/or training?

NT: Thank you for those beautiful words. I mean that. I hope to live up to them! :)

CowPimp, Kerry: THanks! And hahahahaha, "tear it up..." i hadn't used that phrase in a long time!

Rock: Yeah she already told me to learn to like my coffee without fat free half and half. And there went my quinoa, too. :) Not that I'm complaining. I know what has to be done has to be done. Ya know?

Kerri: Thank you, girly! I hope I won't bore you to death with my daily meal reports: chicken, turkey, tuna, brown rice, sweet potatoes, oats. Woo hoo.

Yan: THe diet, I think i mentioned briefly a few posts up for now will be about 1400-1450, isocaloric (33/33/33). This is the breakdown as instructed by Jodi, who for the next 12 weeks is the master of my domain as far as the kitchen is concerned:

Meal 1 & 3 & Preworkout:
20G Protein
30G Carbs
10G Fat

Meal 2,4
20G Protein
10G Fat

Postworkout
20G Protein
30G Carbs

OK I had my cheat meal and then some...

First of all, I realized early today that if i was going to cheat, there was no way that I would be able to fit into one meal all the things I'd like to have one last bite of before I stay away for 12 weeks, so I planned my meals accordingly, cut out some carbs or fat where I planned to have a little something ELSE. For example, my late morning meal (11 AM), I added a small single serving of the non-dairy all natural chocolate brownie from Whole Foods. It was a 3 oz. piece.

Then when I went to visit my father, I told him what today was (the last day before my cut) and he took me out to dinner. But not before giving me one hershey's kiss from the stash in his desk. I ate it. yes. And he also had some animal crackers. I had about 10 of those. In addition I ate my lean ground turkey for that meal, but not the fish oils or the quinoa. I did have my half an apple though.

Then this evening we went out to a cuban restaurant just he and I, and the plan was to have arroz con pollo, but they were going to take 1.5 hours to make it because it wasn't on the menu today. Bastards. I ended up having a churrasco steak with chimichurri sauce. About 8 oz. of meat. I'm sure it wasn't very lean either. I had a cup of black beans, and about four tostones (twice fried plantains). No white rice. After dinner I had a small slice of cake (not the cake I wanted though, because this restaurant doesn't offer it), and then he drove me to Ben and Jerry's where i had a baby scoop of chocolate fudge frozen yogurt and a baby scoop of oatmeal cookie chunk. He asked me why I didn't just go to publix and buy ice cream so I told him about that crazy B&J's binge I had not too long ago, and said I needed an intervention so that I wouldn't go overboard.

After that, he drove me back to the building to get my car, and I am now home. I am done for the night. I am going to go downstairs and take a walk. come up, drink some tea and go to bed.

Tomorrow I start my cut. I will feel like ASS, but I will have a great workout. I didn't do my upper body workout today because I was really lacking energy and yesterday's workout sucked, so I'm home early to rest tonight. Maybe all this bad food will turn up as awesome energy tomorrow at the gym.Watch me bench some crazy numbers. hahahaha! I hope.

EDIT: Oh god. I dont' know why i did this, but I figured out the approximate number of calories I might have had today. I had close to 2800 calories. That's assumin gthat I got everything close enough to the numbers I imagine they were. Maybe it was more, maybe it was less (wishful thinking!). Either way: :barf: :fart: :nanner:

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
a) sounds like fun

b) there will be ABSOLUTLEY no whinning or complaining about being bloated to me. I will not hear it.

:)

patrick:

a) it was. i don't spend nearly enough time with my dad.

b) i'll try my best, but i can't guarantee that. :p

Sounds like you had a nice dinner and especially with great company. :D

Don't stress about the calories or the bloat. In a few days it will all be gone and you will start dropping. :)

Jodi said:
Sounds like you had a nice dinner and especially with great company. :D

Don't stress about the calories or the bloat. In a few days it will all be gone and you will start dropping. :)
Thanks Jodi. It was definitely a nice dinner. And my dad didnt' get on the cell phone even ONCE which is unheard of in my family! A dinner without a phone call interruption!? never! hahahahaha!

As for the calories/bloat... i will try not to stress about it. but honestly, i just wish i didn' thave to pass my mirror in the mornings, for the next few days. I am afraid of what i will see. hahahahahhaah! cant wait to start dropping. dying to see what I've got!

Thanks again! Off to bed I go! Good night!

Good luck on this. I know you'll do great :)

Meals - March 12 (Begin 12 weeks out, cutting)

Meal 1 - 715 AM

3 egg whites
8 fish oils
1/2 a grapefruit
1/3 cup oats

Meal 2 - 1015 AM

2.5 oz. chicken
1 tbsp Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar
Romaine Lettuce

Meal 3 - 115 PM

3 oz. ex lean ground turkey
1/3 cup brown rice
100g of apple pieces
8 fish oil caps

Meal 4 - 415 PM (Pre workout)

3 oz. ex lean ground turkey
1/3 cup brown rice
100g of apple pieces
8 fish oil caps

Meal 5 - 7 PM (PWO Shake)

1 packet of BSN Lean Dessert Protein
1/3 cup oats

Meal 6 - 10 PM

3 oz. salmon
1 tbsp Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar
Romaine Lettuce

Calories: 1452
Fat 55.11, 34.15%
Carb 109.6, 30.19%
Protein 129.45, 35.66%

just noticed your signature. i love james taylor.

Back