• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

rice cooker?

thajeepster

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Lately ive been looking into purchasing a rice cooker, I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good one that cooks brown rice well, as most of them i hear dont. Hopefully something under a 100$ ... I dont need one of those huge 20 cup ones either.

thanks guys.

I just got a mid-range rice cooker at Macy's and it does white rice, brown rice, steams veggies, washes the car, the whole bit. I've never heard of a rice cooker not doing brown rice, though I've never paid attention. I have found though it needs a little more water.

Why not do it on the stove? 6 cups water, 2 cups rice, and 45 minutes later, you have brown rice!

PreMier said:
Why not do it on the stove? 6 cups water, 2 cups rice, and 45 minutes later, you have brown rice!

unfortunately im in the marines and live in a barracks... sorta like a dorm room... so the stove is a no-go.

You mean every home doesn't have a rice cooker? In Hawaii it's a necessity. Look for one with a locking lid and a steam release/condensation collector on top. My Aroma 10 cup cooks white/brown/wild rice with no problem. I like to make a hybrid mix of brown and wild which I cook outside because it leaves a strong odor throughout the house.

PreMier said:
45 minutes!?

Man get a rice cooker. I'm in Australia so brand names aren't much good to you but mine does brown rice just the same. It's too easy. Put it all in and walk away, come back 40 min later give or take and it's done.

maniclion said:
You mean every home doesn't have a rice cooker? In Hawaii it's a necessity. Look for one with a locking lid and a steam release/condensation collector on top. My Aroma 10 cup cooks white/brown/wild rice with no problem. I like to make a hybrid mix of brown and wild which I cook outside because it leaves a strong odor throughout the house.

Yeah, ive been just microwaving it, but it always comes out hard and chewy. Where is a cheap place to pick one up out here in hawaii?

I have a cheapie little 4 cup rice cooker that came from K-mart. It works really well for white rice, brown rice (2:1 water:rice ratio for brown rice, 1:1 for white), and even Spanish yellow rice and gandules.

thajeepster said:
Yeah, ive been just microwaving it, but it always comes out hard and chewy. Where is a cheap place to pick one up out here in hawaii?
I assume you're at K-Bay, go to Windward mall Sears or Macy's hell I'm sure the Exchange over there has them for the best price.:thumb:

yeah, they have some zojirushi and some aroma ones, but they seem like the cheaper models and they are all like 10-20 cups, way more than i need. By the way, since you live in hawaii, which is better to get a membership to, that is if you use them, sams club or costco? Where do you go to get supplements etc...

I have found that Sams Club stocks more of what I need, but I have both. I get my Optimum Nutrition Whey at GNC and my vitamins at Long's drugs or Walmart. Fish Caps at Sam's, along with tuna, chicken breast, etc. I get ground turkey at Costco unless I get lucky and find it at Sam's too.

Try Daiei or Shirokiya in Ala Moana, they usually have smaller portion cookers since alot of the college kids live around there.

thanks again, i think ill go with sams, costco is too far away anyways. They have a daiei here in kailua, but ive never bothered to go in, maybe ill try it today. :thumb:

Back