• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is direct bicep work necessary?

Squaggleboggin

Functional Lifting = Life
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been doing the same routine for a while now (obviously it's had some changes, such as weight used), and I figured I would post it on here to see if anything was wrong with it. Someone suggested that I do some type of rows. So the next day, I decided to try them out. However, I can't complete my usual sets of spider curls for the biceps (one of my favorite exercises). Is it necessary to do direct bicep work, or are bent over barbell rows good enough?

It's up to you. I like to do bicep work, but I can't handle it on back day. I do chest/bicep and back/tri

Depends upon what your ultimate goal is.

I should have clarified in the first place.

My goal is strength, and it is NOT from a bodybuilding point of view. I just want to get stronger. As for an 'ultimate goal,' I don't really have one; I simply want to become as strong as I can without spending a ridiculous amount of time training. I also refuse to use things such as shirts or steroids.

Squaggleboggin said:
I should have clarified in the first place.

My goal is strength, and it is NOT from a bodybuilding point of view. I just want to get stronger. As for an 'ultimate goal,' I don't really have one; I simply want to become as strong as I can without spending a ridiculous amount of time training. I also refuse to use things such as shirts or steroids.
Then the answer is no. For pulling strength you want to do plenty of deadlifts, rows, chins, pullups and pulldowns. Your biceps will get a lot of indirect work with these. I would still do some hammer and DB curls, once a week though.

Sometimes I wonder whether I should train with JUST the three main powerlifts, but I guess they can't cover all areas of strenght (unfortunately).

On what day should I put those barbell rows?

back days id say, along with deadlifts

I noticed that when I do work my arms they help out my chest and back exercises, although I do try not to use them but they assist when I need that extra help.

Back