• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Help me hit my lats...

ChrisROCK

///M Rider
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm not seeing the development or progress I would like to see in the lat area. Overall my back training has improved since implementing WG and CG chinups and pullups. I'm extremely sore from a recent p/rr/s shock week routine right now...but not in the lats. Overall soreness through the upper back.

Any suggestions, tips to hit the lats more effectively?

thx

I heard that triangle grip pull-downs really hit the lower lats.

ok. *punches his fist into your lat*

wait that was semi gay....nvm.

i dunno, but i have a similar problem. read my post

HEAVY(as heavy as you can go with good form) bent-over rows with an underhand grip and an E-Z curl bar or T-Bar rows with the 45 degree angle grip

halfman, i JUST did t-bars recently with the 45 degree grip...and i loved them...but experience NO soreness in my lats...mostly upper back!

soreness really doesnt signify anything...but u prolyl already know that

wide grip pulldowns, dont cheat...? full rep/range...

ChrisR,

How tall are you? When you row, does the handle/bar come to you stomach or your chest?

Mach, i know soreness doesn't equate to gains, but it's nice to feel it. The main thing is I'm not seeing them develop the way I would like to.

Half, I'm only 5'9. When I do seated rows, the grip usually comes to upper abs, just below the chest.

IML Gear Cream!
lol, yeah man

lat training is all about form and the MTM connection

ChrisR,
Do you feel your lats working when you row? Do you hold the contraction for a second or do you release immediately?

HalfManHalfAmaz said:
ChrisR,
Do you feel your lats working when you row? Do you hold the contraction for a second or do you release immediately?
The exercise I'm able to feel them the most is with a CG pulldown. With rows, I guess I feel them, but i always feel the contraction more in my upper back. :shrug:

I do rows pretty slowly, so as to pull with the back and not make it all bis. I try to hold for a second.

lol guys... If that was my girl, I promise you I'd be hitting it as I type this... ;) My girlfriend would allow no such videos to be taken...lol

I agree with LAM, its easy to pull with your biceps or traps. You need to concentrate on the lats as you are working them. When I do chins if I move a few degree I may completly miss the lat feeling, but if I concentrate on flexing them and pulling I can feel it a great deal more.

Back