• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

do meal volumes affect metabolism/digestion of foods?

thajeepster

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was curious on this, I know this is probably a stupid question, and calories are calories, but i was curious. If you eat two equal meals, calorie wise, but they are on total opposite sides when it comes to size, say, a cup of oats vs 5lbs of salad, does this affect the way the body metabolizes or digests the nutrients? I often have a huge salad with a protein source as one of my later meals in the day, so I was wondering. and no, its not 5lbs worth :D. Damn this is such a noob question too.

dude, if your bulking just eat. dont worry about it. lol

thajeepster said:
I was curious on this, I know this is probably a stupid question, and calories are calories, but i was curious. If you eat two equal meals, calorie wise, but they are on total opposite sides when it comes to size, say, a cup of oats vs 5lbs of salad, does this affect the way the body metabolizes or digests the nutrients? I often have a huge salad with a protein source as one of my later meals in the day, so I was wondering. and no, its not 5lbs worth :D. Damn this is such a noob question too.
Well im not sure but you would think that with the greater the mass of food consumed that your body would have to spend more calories digesting it. I doubt that the difference is great however.

Yeah, sometimes if I eat too many vegetables with a meal I get some indigestion. I consider vegetables to be calorie free but I dont want them to slow down the digestion of my food.

Back