• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Recording Fruits - Macronutrients

KentDog

Yuppie
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How do you guys record the macros on your fruits (specifically [red delicious] apples, [d'anjou] pears, [navel] oranges, grapefruits, bananas, peaches, [red] grapes)? All the online calorie-counting internet sites give measurements per cup or by a certain number of grams (I don't have a scale). This is how I have been doing it:

- Grapefruit (97 cal., 0g fat, 25g carbs, 4g dietary fibers, 16g sugars, 2g protein)
- Banana (200 cal., 1g fat, 51g carbs, 6g dietary fibers, 28g sugars, 2g protein)
- Red Delicious Apples (80 cal., 0g fat, 22g carbs, 5g dietary fibers, 16 sugars, 0g protein)
- Navel Orange (81 cal., 0g fat, 21g carbs, 4g dietary fiber, 14g sugars, 2g protein)
- Pear (100 cal., 1g fat, 25g carbs, 4g dietary fibers, 17g sugars, 1g protein)

Anyway, I figure I these calculations are off which probably isn't a good idea when eating lots of fruits while on a cut, and would appreciate more accurate numbers to put on my excel spreadsheet, as I have been tracking my macros. Thanks for all help -

-Kent

I go by weight (I have scales) and some of these are very different to the figures I use.

Why don't you, next time you are at the grocery store, pick up some fruits (the typical sizes you eat) and weigh them on the scales provided. This will give you an indication of the weight of the fruit you are eating and you can then use these in your calculations.

Or else, go and get yourself some scales and use them - they are cheap and, in my opinion, very neccessary if you want to get serious and compete.

If you are just 'trying to lose weight' then you would not have to get too concerned with exact macro's/weights of the fruit - just use the 'medium' fruit valures that are given on the online calculators - that way it will give the the 'average' value.

KentDog said:
How do you guys record the macros on your fruits (specifically [red delicious] apples, [d'anjou] pears, [navel] oranges, grapefruits, bananas, peaches, [red] grapes)? All the online calorie-counting internet sites give measurements per cup or by a certain number of grams (I don't have a scale). This is how I have been doing it:

- Grapefruit (97 cal., 0g fat, 25g carbs, 4g dietary fibers, 16g sugars, 2g protein)
- Banana (200 cal., 1g fat, 51g carbs, 6g dietary fibers, 28g sugars, 2g protein)
- Red Delicious Apples (80 cal., 0g fat, 22g carbs, 5g dietary fibers, 16 sugars, 0g protein)
- Navel Orange (81 cal., 0g fat, 21g carbs, 4g dietary fiber, 14g sugars, 2g protein)
- Pear (100 cal., 1g fat, 25g carbs, 4g dietary fibers, 17g sugars, 1g protein)

Anyway, I figure I these calculations are off which probably isn't a good idea when eating lots of fruits while on a cut, and would appreciate more accurate numbers to put on my excel spreadsheet, as I have been tracking my macros. Thanks for all help -

-Kent

Buy a scale, you can get a good digital for around 30$. It will/should have Lbs/oz and grams.

Yeah, I considered buying a scale, just haven't got around to it. Emma, your idea of weighing the fruit at the grocery store next time is a great idea; I'll do that.

I have another question: When recording your fruits, do you count their carbs and sugars? Or since they're fruit, just leave them out? Just double checking.

Thanks.

KentDog said:
I have another question: When recording your fruits, do you count their carbs and sugars? Or since they're fruit, just leave them out? Just double checking.
I count them... and if you are dieting, I would certainly count them.

Back