• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Navy Seal Training

WilliamB

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So how bad ass would it be to be a Navy Seal? You have to be one bad mo fucker to make it through that training. How do some of those guys push their bodies well beyond the point of break? I mean they must have to like remove their mind and thinking process while pushing through what has to be some of the most excrutiating pain they have ever felt. How does someone have a mind strong enough that can keep pushing even when the body must feel its about to collapse.

Budds training is very demanding no doubt about it. However, the physical part of it isn't nearly as bad as the mental part of it. They teach/train you to ignore signals your brain is sending your body like feeling tired, cold, and fatigued. You are wet, tired and cold for most of the first three evolutions. The mind is a powerful thing!

devildog88 said:
Budds training is very demanding no doubt about it. However, the physical part of it isn't nearly as bad as the mental part of it. They teach/train you to ignore signals your brain is sending your body like feeling tired, cold, and fatigued. You are wet, tired and cold for most of the first three evolutions. The mind is a powerful thing!
That is definetly what I am refering to the part about blocking mind signals. Thats quite the amazing thing to think about. I get an adrenaline rush just thinking about what those dudes do with their mind to push through that shit.

Something like 3 or 5% of them actually make it through.

I'd say there is a portion of hard work and a portion of luck involved in BUD/S. Some guys are hardcore, and even though it hurts them they make it through and you never hear them talk about quiting, etc. Some guys are hardcore, in good shape, have excellent minds, and just get the raw end of the stick by getting hurt somehow.

It is definitely hard on the mind though. Have any of you quit smoking? You know how after a little time you start convincing yourself that you dont really care about smoking and that its okay to have one? Well BUD/S is the same way, its easy to let your mind get carried away and convince you that you dont really want to be there or that you just want to plain do something else with your life.

I dont necessarily agree with all the of training. I do think its a kick in the balls, but I dont think that you make it through the final stage with someone that is any better than guys that made it through other special programs. I have as much respect for Green Berets, Force Recon, etc. Perhaps more respect for Delta and probably covert CIA because in many ways it is superior intellectually.

But yeah, guys that make it through BUD/S definitely get props, because no matter who you are it is a kick in the balls. As to ratios of guys that make it through, its pretty low. Officers have a much better chance of making it through, though. Not because they are treated any nicer, but because they usually have a bit more fortitude.

I'd definitely recommend anybody that wants to give it a try to go ahead. The downside is that if you end up not making it you'll either get shipped to fleet or put in 9545 (not sure what MAA retention is these days, perhaps they are just sending to fleet now).

For people that want some of the fun and less of the kick in the balls, I'd recommend SWCC. Its a hell of a lot easier physically and mentally, the training is alot shorter, and its a pretty nice job from what I've heard.

Pretty intense stuff... I tried out for Pararescue and Combat Contol when I was in AF basic. But I am not a very proficient swimmer, and it killed me. Needless to say I failed :( 500 meters in 15 minutes I think it was... I'm just not a good swimmer at all..

USAF (Retired) - 22 years 8 months. You gung ho mo fo's knock yourselves out. I like my coffee with a little cream and sugar and don't even think about telling me the cable's out, the game's getting ready to start. :D

I made it through almost 6 weeks and I know at least 10 people had dropped before I did. it is definetly a toss up between the mental and physical but those cold water swims off Corranado are a bitch ! hypothermia is no joke

IML Gear Cream!
MXQdRacer said:
:haha: lmao, that's funny Albob. Ever make it out to Dover?

I'm from West Chester, PA. I used to swing through the Dover BX while I was on leave. That's about it. My brother was there for his whole four years as a C-5 Avionics tech. I worked F-15's so didn't do much time at MAC bases.

MXQdRacer said:
Cool..once I got here I never left either. Went to Fairchile TDY once, and that was it. I miss it though...

I'm pretty sure that's why my brother only did four years. He got to Dover and was never able to leave. Also, it was too close to home. He never got out from under his high school girlfriend and now he's married to her. He's not doing bad, I just think he could be doing a Hell of a lot better. I was lucky, my very first base was Okinawa, Japan. I think every airman that comes out of Lackland should be sent straight overseas. Help them grow up faster and allow them to get a taste of the real world.............and real Air Force.

ALBOB said:
I'm pretty sure that's why my brother only did four years. He got to Dover and was never able to leave. Also, it was too close to home. He never got out from under his high school girlfriend and now he's married to her. He's not doing bad, I just think he could be doing a Hell of a lot better. I was lucky, my very first base was Okinawa, Japan. I think every airman that comes out of Lackland should be sent straight overseas. Help them grow up faster and allow them to get a taste of the real world.............and real Air Force.

Not all of them, nope for sure :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Especially the ones that go to Guam :rolleyes:

craig777 said:
Not all of them, nope for sure :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Especially the ones that go to Guam :rolleyes:

OK, there are exceptions. You do have to start with some decent raw materials first. Apparently your ex had ruined that boy looooooong before the Air Force got ahold of him. :(

ALBOB said:
...and real Air Force.

Is that the one where you don't have little servants to bring you tea and boot polish boys outside your hotel rooms?

I have to tell you, the 7 or so weeks I spent in Lackland were Paradise. Nice room, great cooking, etc.

The only downside is that it was in Texas. Though San Antonio is decent, or at least the riverwalk is.

Eggs said:
Is that the one where you don't have little servants to bring you tea and boot polish boys outside your hotel rooms?

I have to tell you, the 7 or so weeks I spent in Lackland were Paradise. Nice room, great cooking, etc.

The only downside is that it was in Texas. Though San Antonio is decent, or at least the riverwalk is.

Yep, that is the Air Force :laugh: :laugh:

What the hell is wrong with San Antonio though :pissed: :D

Eggs said:

Where are you from Eggs.

Ooh, nothing wrong with Texas I guess.. well, I like Eastern Texas. When I Was a kid I lived in Odessa for a couple of years. Good times, but the place really was the ghetto.

Just not a huge fan of pump jacks, desert like terrain and it being that hot.

Mino - I'm not really from anywhere in particular. Here and there mostly.

IML Gear Cream!
Nah, just a bum.

bum3uq.jpg

Haha, good pic.

I trained with SEALs while in Radioman 'A' School in Great Lakes, IL. It was Pre-BUDs and I nearly caught pneumonia. Of course it was winter and I wasn't really that into being a SEAL, but I thought the experience would be cool and it was.

And to tell you the truth, I dont think that most instructors were the best representatives of the teams. It seems like most either got religion or got in trouble for something.

The guys in the Great Lakes were cool, but no exception. Fuck that Instructor Brown character, guy was about crazy as hell.

a freind of mine was a Navy Seal. It sounds nuts. He told me a little bit about the training!!

Eggs said:
And to tell you the truth, I dont think that most instructors were the best representatives of the teams. It seems like most either got religion or got in trouble for something.

The guys in the Great Lakes were cool, but no exception. Fuck that Instructor Brown character, guy was about crazy as hell.
Instructor Brown? I can't place a name or a face, maybe I don't want to. I only remember one of them well named Rob. Only reason I remember him is because he would sleep 2 hours a night, party all night, workout with us, take a noon nap and then workout in the evening and then party, sleep 2 hours. I was blown away that he could get by with that little of sleep.

Takes a strong mind to do the stuff some of these service dudes do. Someone who can sleep for 2 hours day after day and function properly sounds like someone who would be in the service.

I wish i would have joined the air force instead of the coast guard. Advancement sucks for ya'll i heard?

Back