• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Bad ProTan?

musclepump

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is it possible I'm using crappy Protan? I put on two coats over the day yesterday and was nice and dark; then I "showered off" like it said, patted dry, looked in the mirror, and I'm not even half the color! What gives?!

also how tan were you before you applied the protan?

oh..some of it does wash off too. You might want to try a few coats, take the hair dryer to your body to dry quicker.

Just don't use the high heat setting. You'd get roasted nuts. :finger: :laugh:

Robert DiMaggio said:
you did wait at least 12 hours before showering right?
Oh yeah. I put my first coat on yesterday around 11am, and the second about 6pm. I showered at 7am this morning.

JLB001 said:
oh..some of it does wash off too. You might want to try a few coats, take the hair dryer to your body to dry quicker.

Just don't use the high heat setting. You'd get roasted nuts. :finger: :laugh:
I wasn't tan at all before I started.

I just hope tomorrow when I wake up before the show I don't shower off the excess and find myself white
bulb.gif

keep applying, you're still too white. If you can get two more on today then one in the am you should be good.

ya gotta fake n bake to not have to use so many coats.

I'm going to put another coat on before we drive up North to the hotel--we have registration tonight. Then back at the hotel, I'll apply another coat, blowdry it, apply another. That will make five. Hopefully I won't need one in the AM--it does look a little blotchy without showering.

did you exfoliate you skin!! I had a problem because I didn't exfolitate my legs last year so I did it on thursday night and friday's coats went on no problem. really exfoliate well and it will go on nicely.

I exfoliated before the first coat. If I exfoliate again, won't it take off the tan I have now?

IML Gear Cream!
musclepump said:
I exfoliated before the first coat. If I exfoliate again, won't it take off the tan I have now?

I would think so.

musclepump said:

it will take off some of it. that is what happened to me but the stuff that i put on afterwards looked better.

I've never used DreamTan. Never had a need too and always have been darker than the majority of the girls.

JLB001 said:
I've never used DreamTan. Never had a need too and always have been darker than the majority of the girls.

Deam Tan is great, if you do two coats of ProTan and one coat of Dream Tan you do not need to have a base tan, also you will not look orange, you will have a nice dark natural look.

They dislike dreamtan in the Texas NPC. We aren't allowed to use it.

I like the Olypmic Tan over Protan anyways.

I love Dream Tan! :thumb:
It covers up a multitude of sins, blends any patchiness from the pro tan.
I usually use tanning beds for a couple of months pre-contest then use 3 - 4 coats of Pro Tan to get really dark, showering off the excess Pro Tan between coats to blend it, yes some of the colour will come off. Make sure you aren't 'washing' in the shower, it's just meant to be a quick in and out to rinse off and pat dry don't rub. Don't rinse off after the last coat and apply Dream Tan right before you go on stage it will cover any streakiness and give you a nice sheen.
Good luck. ;)

IML Gear Cream!
I ended up doing four more coats of Pro Tan over yesterday/last night (total of 6). Showered off in the morning and I went from really, nicely dark, to light. So I threw on the DreamTan, and looked good. DreamTan2 Red Bronze is great stuff.

How did you do???

JLB001 said:
They dislike dreamtan in the Texas NPC. We aren't allowed to use it.

probably because it is messy, it never really dries and it can easily get on stuff and stain it.

I just threw my warm-ups on after prejudging, spent the whole day out and about, came back for finals, and I swear my tan looked BETTER than it did that morning. All I had to do was add a little oil for shine since it lost that due to my clothes, but overall it was better--smoother. Loved it!

even though i swear by the color i get with protan-I $%^!@ing hate the feeling of that shit when it is "dry". I feel like a tacky piece of tape and it feels really friggin gross. I hate it. BUT, I got a lot of compliments from my last show about how great my color looked.
I swear, you definitely need someone close to you to paint all over the weird spots. I love my wife, becuase she did this three days in a row. Sure, she made comments (I hate this, it's gross, why do I have to paint your ass?!) But she was my number one fan and I will forever be in debt to her. She is an awesome woman.

when i was "painted", I did it about three hours before bed. I was chocolatey dark when it was dry. when I came out of the shower, i was like wtf?! It happens. But after three more days AND a spray tan-I got a lot of compliments on my color.

I like Pro Tan, usually do 4 - 5 coats plus one coat Dream Tan.

For my last show I used 4 coats Olympic Tan plus one coat Dream Tan, equally as good colour as Pro Tan but a damn sight easier to use and less smelly.

My colour is usually darker than most girls and I have been told repeatedly that my stage colour is great by judges.

Don't wash off the last coat of Pro Tan.

Good luck. ;)

Back