• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Correlation between hieght and strength?

ihateschoolmt

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Say someone was doing a flat bench press. They can bench 200 pounds for one rep. How much of a difference would there be if there ROM of shortened by, say, 4 inches? Is there a significant difference? Is there an equation?

Last edited:
i have seen alot of tall people that are actually alot stronger than they look. It doesnt show as much on someone who is 6'4 compared to someone 5'6

Saturday Fever said:
Strength is gauged in relation to weight, not height.
Yes, but height can affect it. To what degree is what I want to know, just an inquiry. I know there is nothing I can do about it.

ihateschoolmt said:
Yes, but height can affect it. To what degree is what I want to know, just an inquiry. I know there is nothing I can do about it.

Height doesn't affect strength, it affects ROM. You're mixing up terms. Or you're asking the wrong question for the answer you're after.

If you want to know how increased ROM affects the amount of work a muscle has to do, just refer back to your physics book.

Saturday Fever said:
Height doesn't affect strength, it affects ROM. You're mixing up terms.
Oops, yes I ment ROM, sorry.

All I know is that the guys with the shorter stumpier arms with a low ROM tend to bench more pound for pound than the guy with the 7ft wing span. A buddy that I lift with is an absolute MONSTER (6'5 295...12%bodyfat) but there are alot of guys who can benchpress more than him. Let the physics guys figure out the rest.

What is the definition of strength?

Technically your height wouldn't be the factor in terms of your ROM, it would be the length of your arms, legs (hip to knee, knee to foot), etcetera. One might have short arms and long legs, for example, if they are tall.

Duncans Donuts said:
What is the definition of strength?

Technically your height wouldn't be the factor in terms of your ROM, it would be the length of your arms, legs (hip to knee, knee to foot), etcetera. One might have short arms and long legs, for example, if they are tall.
That's true, but generally speaking I will have longer arms than a 5'3 person. Thus they have a shorter ROM for exercises involving arms. That is what I was refering to. I worded my question horribly, i'll go change it.

There probably is an equation. There's an equation for just about anything you can think of. It would be kind of interesting to be one of those people who comes up with so many equations; sometimes they seem so random and it would be kinda cool to see what the actual math behind them is. At least to me, but hey, I'm a dork. :)

Back