• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Bugs in my oatmeal

Sacto95827

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Has anyone had the problem of buying oatmeal from a bin and then getting home and seeing a bunch of bugs crawling around in it? Any solutions?

and call the health department.

Well, the reason I ask is because a while back, I was listening to a talk show on the radio about some unknown facts about the foods we eat. I tried to dig the stats on the web, but couldn't find any. For example, it's statistically proven that there is going to be a bug in every 4 mushrooms we eat. Stuff of that nature. I mean, there's no way to eliminate all the pests on the vegetables or foods we eat. And since I was buying from one of those big bins, you know, the ones that you pull the lever down and fill up your bag up(like oatmeal, trailmix, raisins, etc.), I thought it would probably be fairly common for bugs to be living in these bins. I guess I could start buying instant oatmeal instead of bulk steel-cut.

bonus.... extra protein :D ... i'd probably hurl, hurl again... look at the bin one more time, hurl... then go take it back and get a refund. Lol

EW - seriously, call the health department! They'll probably have to empty every bin they have and clean the whole department.

EW AGAIN!

(btw, don't eat it :p )

This is NOT a normal occurrence! I bought bulk trail mix once, only to get it home and find maggots in it. Thank God I didn't eat any! BARF!!! Never went back to that store!

This happened to some oatmeal that sat in my pantry for ages. Totally disgusting - I was heaving, the stuff was completely crawling with them. Luckily, I noticed before I ate any.

But straight from the store? That ain't right!

just suck it up and pretend youre on fear factor :D

Are they those tiny little black bugs? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about it. We get those alot in rice and flour stored in our kitchen closet. Boiling water kills them anyway as would microwaving. The best thing to do if the bugs aren't ALREADY in there is to keep them in a sealed plastic bag. P.S. don't call the health department for those tiny little bugs... we're not talking cockroaches here...

is there an echo in here? :hmmm:
is there an echo in here? :hmmm:

PTOManiac said:
Are they those tiny little black bugs? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about it. We get those alot in rice and flour stored in our kitchen closet. Boiling water kills them anyway as would microwaving. The best thing to do if the bugs aren't ALREADY in there is to keep them in a sealed plastic bag. P.S. don't call the health department for those tiny little bugs... we're not talking cockroaches here...

It doesn't matter if they're dead or not, you'd still be eating them...

PTOManiac said:
Exactly...weevils

agaveweevil.jpg

weevil_info

interesting. bugs are really cool but not in my food.

Quaker Old Fashioned... never found a bug n i eat it almost every day.

min0 lee said:
Maybe the horses are onto something, I mean really horses are big
I did notice some growth... :hmmm:

Back