• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Road Trip eating ideas needed

doeslayer

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am leaving on a 4 day trip across the states in a week or so and I thought I would ask for some ideas for eating along the way. I am cutting down for the summer and I dont like fast food. I try to keep my cheats to a minimum (subway at the worst) I was thinking of taking a cooler with various foods, and some MRP packs that I have to use up. Any suggestions.

chicken and tuna!! i live on those two items! cook your chicken breasts and put them in a zip lock bag and throw them in ur cooler. the tuna u can just open on the road and pull over somewhere to drain it!

I know you said you hate fast food but every fast food place has healthy items like grilled chicken or salad

I am out on the road as well. I try to keep RTDs on me as well as an occasional Tri-o-plex bar. The packets of Tuna are also good. Dry oatmeal, you can always stop at a gas station for some skim milk and eat the oats like cereal.

hawk05 said:
I know you said you hate fast food but every fast food place has healthy items like grilled chicken or salad
I'd rather eat my ass than have grilled chicken from McDonald's.

Subway is still considered fast food, but it beats the hell out of McD or Burger King. Just pack a big ass cooler with chicken, tuna, fruits and veggies.

Yeah, its sodium city with the grilled hcicken at mcdonalds. You can even taste the salt, and its not a good flavor either.

yeah and the meat at subway is sodium free

doeslayer said:
I am leaving on a 4 day trip across the states in a week or so and I thought I would ask for some ideas for eating along the way. I am cutting down for the summer and I dont like fast food. I try to keep my cheats to a minimum (subway at the worst) I was thinking of taking a cooler with various foods, and some MRP packs that I have to use up. Any suggestions.
From here

* Home made protein bars/slice with oats, oatbran, egg-whites/eggs, protein powder, applesauce, cinnamon and nut butter can make tasty and easily portable bars.

* Make up some 'meal patties' and store them in the fridge/freezer - simply combine some ground meat of choice (chicken, tuna, salmon) and carb of choice (mashed sweet potato, chick-peas or lentils work well) with some eggwhites (for binding) and some seasoning (black pepper, spices, garlic). Then form it into patties and bake, grill or dry-fry until golden. Then just let them cool and store them in the fridge so you can just grab one and go.

* Pre-make meals in containers - Just combine tuna/chicken/eggs and beans/sweet potato/barley/rice (basmati, brown or wild rice) and some steamed vegetables in tupperware containers!!

* Pre-made protein pancakes can be used in the same way - just use ground oats (or oatbran), eggs/egg-whites, protein powder and cottage cheese (there are numerous recipes around) and pre-make a whole batch then seal them in an air-tight container in the fridge. They will usually keep for a few days.

* Fruit and fat free yoghurt tubs are easily!! Just combine sliced fruit/berries, yoghurt, cottage cheese (and some oats if you want) and away you go.

* Small tins of legumes (chick-peas/kidney beans) are simple and easy. Open the can, drain, combine with a can of tuna and you have a simple carb/protein meal.

* Use a shaker bottle to make 'protable milkshakes'. Simply put some protein powder in the bottom and take a tub of fat-free yoghurt. When you want a meal, add the yoghurt to the shaker, add some water and then shake it up. Little 'poppers' of long-life skim milk are easy to carry around for the same purpose as well (you could also use dry skim milk powder in the shaker with the protein powder).

* serving of nuts (walnuts are best ) and a 'no mess' 120g tuna pouch packet with a fork. Gives you a quick and easy meal of ~300 cals.

* Whole tubs of cottage cheese are great! A 250g tub is ~ 1 cup worth (and about 250 cals) and if you add 1-2 tbs peanut butter/ almond butter (another 120-240 cals) you have a 'meal in a tub' (just open the tub, mix it through and close it back up again).

* Hard boiled eggs

If all else fails - Take a few commercial protein bars as well.... just incase.

yeah thats why I stack up the veggies and whole wheat bread. But still as a last resort. Thanks for the input guys, I'll pack the cooler up with chicken breasts, etc and see how it goes.

make some meals and stop at a gas station to heat them up. I haven't seen many gas stations with out a microwave. You could essentially cook a bunch of meals and bring things like some oats and just "mooch" off the gas station microwaves. LOL

Back