• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Sports Drinks?

vrstywrestler

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How bad are sports drinks while training?

Too Much Sugar?

What do you guys drink besides water throughout the day?

Water only except when I'm doing really long endurance exercise (hiking, swimming, 200+ mile bike rides, etc...)

vrstywrestler said:
How bad are sports drinks while training?

Too Much Sugar?

What do you guys drink besides water throughout the day?
Bump the above - unless you are doing over 2 hrs of strenuous activity (as in marathons etc) then you don't need those drinks while training.

In terms of other things to drink during the day - green tea, herbal tea, water with added lemon juice + mint leaves, water + added crystal light/diet koolaid or the occasional diet soda would all be ok.

Emma-Leigh said:
In terms of other things to drink during the day - water with added lemon juice

Emma and others:

I currently am drinking three 8 oz. glasses of water with freshly squeezed lemon juice.

What are the positve effects of this?

(Seriously, I don't know. Pardon the ignorance. The restaurant I eat at serving all natural healthy food gives me this.)

How does it specifically help?

Thanks.

I heard lemon juice aids in weight loss.

Is this the case?

Mr_Snafu said:
Emma and others:

I currently am drinking three 8 oz. glasses of water with freshly squeezed lemon juice.

What are the positve effects of this?

(Seriously, I don't know. Pardon the ignorance. The restaurant I eat at serving all natural healthy food gives me this.)

How does it specifically help?

Thanks.
Most 'health concious' people drink lemon juice (often 'warm' water with lemon added first thing in the morning on an empty stomach) because they associate it with "detoxing/cleaning out" their intestines and removing "candida"...

Anyway.... I mentioned it for one main reason - and that was to add a little flavour to water (if you do not like the taste) because the question was in regards to alternatives to water....

However, on a "good for BB" note what lemon juice (along with vinegar) can do (due to the acetic acid) is -
1. Lowers the GI of the meal you are eating
2. Increases nutrient partitioning (via adding glucose uptake/insulin sensitivity) and therefore increases glycogen storage (esp. good PWO)
3. Increase leptin levels and sensitivity (not too sure how it does this)

Hardcore_Hank said:
I heard lemon juice aids in weight loss.

Is this the case?
Yes. If it is used in conjunction with a GOOD (calorie deficient) diet, GOOD training and adequate cardio then it can be an 'aid'.

Thanks Emma!

just don't eat plain lemons...
kills your teeth.

Back