• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

higher reps lower weight higher weight lower reps

username1

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok so here is my question i know one of the two is better for strength and one is better for accutal mass. Which one is good for mass and which one is better for strength? I am getting conflicting info thanks
\

Low reps + high weight = strength

Medium-low reps + medium-high weight = mass

Wtih strength comes mass; with mass comes strength; you really won't get one without any of the other. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

username1 said:
ok so here is my question i know one of the two is better for strength and one is better for accutal mass. Which one is good for mass and which one is better for strength? I am getting conflicting info thanks
\

I agree with Squaggleboggin, more mass will be more strength. I think what you are thinking is more reps of lower weight will help tone and definition more, where as low-med reps with heavier weight will increase the mass/strength a bit more quickly. In my workouts what I do, and this is just me and opinion, but I add a slight bit of weight every set (looking for mass and strength); example: on bench...I start Set 1 - 10 reps @ 145, Set 2 - 8 reps @ 155; Set 3 - 6 reps (with spot esp.) @ 165/170. I have felt the best doing this!

hypertrophy is caused from a longer time under stress so I think high rep is better for bascly anything

but most meathead halfasses that dont want to work too hard will jump all over me

low rep - med rep - high rep is suprior.

high rep is better for bascly anything

So high rep of heavier weight is better than low rep heavy? If so I'm gonna push for that rather than drop it off some at the heavier end.

CrookAZ said:
So high rep of heavier weight is better than low rep heavy? If so I'm gonna push for that rather than drop it off some at the heavier end.

high rep of doable weight with perfect form will in my opinion be Much more effective for strength and size than 3-4 heavy forced reps

Ive been told not to be afraid of doing high reps when trying to build mass, just make sure those weights are heavy enough to cause struggle when on the last 3 - 4 reps

Todd_ said:
hypertrophy is caused from a longer time under stress so I think high rep is better for bascly anything

but most meathead halfasses that dont want to work too hard will jump all over me
Well saying such a general statement like 'better for basically anything' is almost always incorrect. Higher reps will not be more effective, for example, when powerlifting. Powerlifters focus on bettering their 1RM, so why train with more reps and lower weight? Same with strength: if you're trying to get stronger, use weights that challenge you. If you want to run faster, you have to run; if you want to get stronger, you have to lift heavy.

Back