• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

tennis elbow

ZECH

Founder of GOSB
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have had tendonitis in my elbow since last August. I had a cortizone shot first week in October. That helped till Thanksgiving and it started hurting again very slowly. Late in December I started taking Mobic(an anti-imflamatory) and that may mask the pain to get through workouts but it hasn't gotten any better. How long does it take for this to heal? I also have an impingment in my right shoulder but it hasn't helped that either!! Any Comments?? Thanks.:confused:

oops!

Just realized this may be in wrong forum.

Man I hate to tell you this but tennis elbow can take a long time to heal.
My friend had been having problems for over 6 months.

I have had pain for over 1 year with this damn thing. I don't play tennis but I do build houses and pounding nails does not help this injury! My last resort is some kind of surgery but I don't want it.
I still workout with weights 4 days a week. Gave it a rest for about two months and then it came right back.

If you figure out what to do let me know! :(

I've got the same problem, mines been getting better though since I stopped using the straight bar for curls, pulldowns, rows.
Basicly I use a curved bar or EZ bar that puts the wrists at a more comfortable ange and they don't seem to bother me as much.
I tried using wraps on the forearms but that didn't help much, I just looked goofy.

I've had a similar problem in the past . This is a problem that if you don't allow to properly heal will keep coming back to haunt you . I think the big problem with this injury is just when it's feeling better and you begin to train regular again it gets aggrivated . Take your time on this one . You said you've had a cortizon shot and taking anti inflamitories . I'd ask your Doc and follow his/her recomendations otherwise this could haunt you for a very long time . :sob:

one of the best things you can do is agressive ice theraphy. this means ice rubbed directly on the skin 3-4 times per day. I am just getting over patelar tendonitis. one of the problems is that these tendons rarely rest, therefore it is difficult for the inflamation to go down.

Surgery is rarely a good idea since the surgery will shorten the tendon and reduce range of motion. You should also aggressively stretch the entire arm and shoulder section of that arm, then ice.

:shrug: I don't know what your problem is because I'm not there, nor am I a doctor What I will tell you is what worked for me. I had a problem my elbows. The doctor told me it was not tennis elbow,but something symilar, and he told me to ice it. That did'nt work at all. So then the personal trainer at the gymn told me to use flax seed oil, and that helped, but did'nt eliminate the pain. Then one day I was reading an artical on magnet therapy, so I went to the drug store where they have all the braces,and bought the most expensive one..... So now here it is - Glucosamine-chondroidine, flax seed oil , and magnet therapy. My problem is gone!!! I don't need the magnets anymore, but I still use everything else. Good luck!!!!

When I do bench it really tears up my shoulders. What should I do?

For ANY tendonitis you need to:

1)STOP moving the related joint under stress(in this case wieght);
2)reduce inflammation by ice or medication; 3)increase circulation around the area (massage); and
4)strengthen the surrounding muscles(in your case the forearm)while restricting the joint.

If you need more details and detailed exercises, let me know.

Originally posted by dmonty
So now here it is - Glucosamine-chondroidine, flax seed oil , and magnet therapy. My problem is gone!!! I don't need the magnets anymore, but I still use everything else. Good luck!!!!

Well I've tried everything else. Tell me about 'magnet therapy'. What kind of magnet and were do you put it?

IML Gear Cream!
:hello:

Magnetic braces are sold at drug stores. I got mine at Walgreens in the isle where the elastic bandages are. The braces are that black elastic with the velcro for the adjustments, and the magnets just stick to the brace. I moved the magnets around, and tried to keep them 180 deg. apart. The first time I used my brace it actualy started to hurt after a half hour, so I took it off for a while then put it back on until it began to hurt again. After a day of playing that game I was able to leave it on for several hours at a time. You'll have to learn what works on your own body. GOOD LUCK my freind!

Originally posted by rjp
For ANY tendonitis you need to:

1)STOP moving the related joint under stress(in this case wieght);
2)reduce inflammation by ice or medication; 3)increase circulation around the area (massage); and
4)strengthen the surrounding muscles(in your case the forearm)while restricting the joint.

If you need more details and detailed exercises, let me know.

This is VERY good advice. Stretching is also another good option. I highly recommend glucosamine-chondroiton and MSN. I had chronic tendonitis in my shoulder and got three cortizone shots (at seperate times) and it only helped me temporarily until I took up the icing and stretching combined with the supps. #1 is the best advice, you HAVE to stop lifting on it if you want it to heal properly.

Elbow Pain

Hey,

Like everyone has said time to heal is the best...and a couple of visits to the Chiro helped too.

I use dumbells instead of a bar...straight or curved...either seem to aggravate the elbow.

As to supplements add RUTIN to what has already been suggested.

Best wishes,
Tom

I had an elbow pain problem, my left is pretty much all better and my right is about 90 to 95% better.

What I did was go to Walgreens and bought neoprene elbow pads, their called ELASTO-PREENE on the bottom it says TruFit (HEAT WHERE YOU NEED IT), they come in clear plastic with green cardboard on the inside the pads are one to a package and their black.

You want the pain to go away get them, I bought them put them on in the store and they felt great, I pretty much kept them on all the time until they start to irratate the inside of my elbows but after you have them off for a few hours I put them back on.

As of now I don't have elbow pain but I still wear them usually to bed and sometimes during the day:cool:

Im gonna start taking glucosamine-chondroiton with MSM the MSM is if you have pain, cause my father had a problem with his knee where he could not get in and out of his car without having to lift his leg with his hands and only after 3 months of useing glucosamine-chondroiton with MSM he can get in and out of the car without any problems.

So his knee pain is gone and Im gonna start taking it:D

Get the pads:thumb:

Back