• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Former IFBB Pro Paul Demayo passes away

Former IFBB Pro Paul Demayo died on June 2, 2005, from what was believed to be a drug overdose. It was a sad but inevitable end for a man who was unable to conquer his inner demons. I'll always remember Paul for his incredible physique and his determination to become a champion, even at a young age. I remember Paul talking about staying in his room as a teen and blasting out set after set of biceps curls. You could see by the look on his face how fondly he recalled those days.

News of his death struck me hard for several reasons. First, he was only 37, which is more than a year younger than I am, and far too young an age to end a life. Second, he was a local bodybuilder who trained for a time at the same gym that I did. I remember when the crew from ESPN's American Muscle came to Gold's Fenway to produce a feature on Paul's training regimen. Finally, despite his awful descent into drug addiction, he was an inspiration to many. How many of us have dreamed of having the magnificent arm and leg development of Quadzilla?

I hope that you will remember Paul for what he contributed to the sport of bodybuilding, not for his tragic end.

I wonder what kind of drugs? :hmmm:

Another former competitive bodybuilder has died at an early age. Hmmmmmmmmmmm! That makes me wonder
Anyway, my his soul RIP.

never good to hear that someone has died. expecially at such a young age.

This is sad. It makes you pause and think how lucky you are to hve your health, and what a fleeting thing it can be.

Drugs--I would guess coke and possibly ecstasy. Bad for your heart, esp. if your cholesterol is messed from lots of cycles. Maybe prescription painkillers, too. These seem to be the most common for BBrs that like to party, and they kill appetite while stimulating you.

Just a guess though.

I believe it was a Heroine over dose

brodus said:
Maybe prescription painkillers, too. These seem to be the most common for BBrs that like to party, and they kill appetite while stimulating you.
:nope:

that sucks.....RIP

IML Gear Cream!
Paul was one of my all time favorites, this is sad news. If the drug OD is true, thats a damn shame. I've seen a couple 22 year olds who were high profile on the boards die just a couple years ago, in short, drug abuse and addictions.

Forgive my ignorance but when you guys say drugs is that recreational drugs or steroids?

ForemanRules said:
I believe it was a Heroine over dose
A BB'er on dope....I've done drugs in my lifetime but that stuff just takes away from you so much. BB and Dope don't mix.

min0 lee said:
Forgive my ignorance but when you guys say drugs is that recreational drugs or steroids?

Your ignorance is unforgivable :p

ForemanRules said:
Your ignorance is unforgivable :p
:)

I am ashamed to say this but I tried dope twice as a kid and that stuff just made me puke, most of the junkies I had ever seen were very thin. Same for coke.

Rec drugs more than likely.

Kind of hard to "overdose" on steroids and die, you would die from a long term problem that builds up over time, not overnight unless it was slin or a blood pressure problem (unlikely).

Sadly, a fair number of bodybuilders are said to be partiers.

Back