• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I need honest opinions.

SunDust2000

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, so i'm really bugging about the results this weekend. You guys look at these pics and tell me how you would place these 3 girls and why. Thanks for your help!

15083tampa_front-med.JPG

15083tampa_left-med.JPG

15083tampa_back-med.JPG

15083tampa_right-med.JPG

I'm just putting my 2 cents in because I can. I'll see how close I get to those more educated in this field. I'd place them exactly as they are from left to right (first - third). The first lady (I believe is you) is a little more defined. The lady on the right I think isn't cut enough or is holding too much water.

Hi Tara. I won't comment since I've yet to do my first comp. Hopefully someone with much more experience will come in and comment.

That's you on the left, correct? What was the outcome? I will say this, I don't think you should have placed 3rd out of the three.

1st-middle(lt blue)
2nd is tough. I will go left(Red)
3rd-right Has more muscle but needs to be tighter and leaner. If she had pulled this off she could have won.

well...

yes, that is me on the left. and guess what. i got third. i agree with what the last guy said. i thought for sure i had the girl on the right beat but she got 2nd. and i got third. apparently this is a "who's the tannest" competition, not a figure competition. so advice for anyone going into comp., GET TAN!!!! i'm so pissed.

A dark tan always accents your muscle and toneness. It's a must IMO. The darker the better.

Even without the tan, you had her beat. Not sure what happened there.

You two on the left are a somewhat close call...

But the girl on the Right!?!?!? :shrug:

you cant see her lower quads at all...

and in the front view, the area all around her suit-bottom looks soft, like it's been airbrushed!?

Not to mention, she has no waist, and her butt looks like that of a much older, non-training, woman

:barf:

The Monkey Man said:
You two on the left are a somewhat close call...

But the girl on the Right!?!?!? :shrug:

you cant see her lower quads at all...

and in the front view, the area all around her suit-bottom looks soft, like it's been airbrushed!?

Not to mention, she has no waist, and her butt looks like that of a much older, non-training, woman

:barf:
I thought the same thing. Makes you wonder what the judges are really looking at/for.

IML Gear Cream!
I Know!

I know! I totally don't understand how the girl on the right beat me! I got out of there as fast as i could and on the way to the resteraunt I was crying. So depressing
But next time I'm going to tan so much and get SUPER dark!! THEN they can't say i'm not tan enough.
and by the way, i thought the idea here was to have your shoulders wider than your butt. i'm the ONLY one there with wider shoulders...

Last edited:
You're right, the girl in the middle has no shoulders. And the girl on the right has a big ass. Oh well, you look great.

SunDust2000 said:
yes, that is me on the left. and guess what. i got third. i agree with what the last guy said. i thought for sure i had the girl on the right beat but she got 2nd. and i got third. apparently this is a "who's the tannest" competition, not a figure competition. so advice for anyone going into comp., GET TAN!!!! i'm so pissed.

I have a lot of experience in Figure shows (no not pesonally), I helped train and coach my wife who competed 3 times last year, she took first place twice and qualified for nationals. I also attend all of the local shows here in Colorado.

Getting dark (beyond tan) is not optional. Going into a show white and having those lights shine down on you can totally wash you out and make it difficult to see any muscle tone. My wife pre-tans at a salon, we put two coats of Pro Tan on her the day before, and one coat of Dream Tan the morning of the show. In person she looks almost black, but on stage she has a nice dark tan.

You also need to get leaner, you are too soft, and gain some more muscle. I do think you have a good shape and can do much better. I would also recommend that you get some help with "posing", out of the three of you nobody is standing/posing correctly in those pics.

As far as the placing, we cannot really judge from pics, it is much different when you are sitting at the judges table seeing it the way they are.

Use this as a learning experience and correct your mistakes for the next show! :thumb:

I know. thank you. I was really tan then had this lady airbrush me that does all our girls and for some reason her stuff messed up the tan i already had and made me look lighter. never going to her again. as for the tone, yes i know. i'm taking a couple months off now to build up muscle. and yes, the judges did say that i need to work on posing, but i still improved a lot since the last show. and to tell the truth, i don't really have anyone to teach me to pose becuase even my trainer doesn't know how to pose.
In all, i think i need a new trainer that knows what he's doing. also because i know my body has a lot more potential than what i'm showing onstage.

It's a subjective sport unfortunately. As you're seen here, there are several different ideals about how it could have been judged.

Robert's advice is the best ... learn from this experience.

Well, as long as you learn something from each show and improve the next that is progress! :)

Are there any Figure Pros in your area? If so, set-up a one on one with her, if for nothing else just to learn how to pose, stage presence, etc. We have a pro in our state that did a full day seminar on tips on how to walk, pose, proper suits, etc., that was extremely helpful for my wife Gena.

Watch out for that oil also...

From these pics, it looks like you are wearing baby oil???

It appears very thick and viscous????

1st left
2nd middle
3rd right

I think the girl's symmetry upper and lower body is too off and would have placed you first.

I would definately follow up like Robert said on the posing practice... presentation can make or break you. ;)

it just seems not fair that posing and tan could weigh so heavily.
the judges told me about a video from the NPC mag to get but i haven't yet gotten the mag.. the video goes into detail about posing and it would help a lot. if only i could get the stupid thing. i will get the dream tan or someone told me jan tanna (SP?).

SunDust2000 said:
it just seems not fair that posing and tan could weigh so heavily.

It is not about being fair it is the fact that your color and posing directly affects your overall presentation. You could have the best physique on stage but if you're white and do not know how to display your physique it will not show as the best physique, make sense?

oh and about the oil. i was using Pam. they had backstage helpers spraying everyone. i guess the guy didn't pad me down as well as he did others.

SunDust2000 said:
absolutely makes sense. thank you.

p.s. thanks for the great ass remark. i quite agree. :thumb:

well fyi i am an expert in the ass field. it hurts my feelings when someone doubts my credentials. :D

on a serious note, hang in there and kick some ass (expert im tellin ya...expert) next year. :thumb:

Just my 2 pennies, Posing and Tanning is almost as important as the package.

I still say 1st. Left (which I believe is you)
2nd middle
3rd Right

We'll start with number 3: great muscularity, tan, posing is horrible. Lost me totally when she turned to the back.

2: very very close, could possibly get a first until she turns to the back. She is very narrow and It's probably the posing but from the back she takes on a pair shape. Almost NO Lats or nothing.

3:Won in my opinion from the back. My GOD LADIES WORK ON YOUR POSING. From the side I can't see any of you. However from my vantage point you have good back development could use some more muscle def (just a tad) and spread that back out.
You should get a good base tan @ least 6 weeks out before you even apply tanner.

Is this your first show? You don't need to buy any tapes or nothing in my opinion just watch some more seasoned shows and look in the mags (to save $$).

All in All you have better Shape than both of the other ladies you just seem to have trouble presenting it. Take your time on stage when posing. They can't judge you until you're ready so @ all times look yourself up and down before you Pose to make sure you're in proper position.

Also if you got 3rd I think they should drug test the Judges!!!!

Robert DiMaggio said:
It is not about being fair it is the fact that your color and posing directly affects your overall presentation. You could have the best physique on stage but if you're white and do not know how to display your physique it will not ...show as the best physique, make sense?
Oh yeah, bump to that.:thumb:

lol thanks.. but that's how they told us to stand in the lineup when we turned to the side. feet together, arms to the side, and look forward.

Back