• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cutler + Ronnie.. dont directly work forearms.

Machher

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i got a copy of Ronnie Coleman's training tape (The Cost of Redemption) and Chris Cutler's trainingtape (new, Improved and Beyond) and i noticed with all the volume they use, they do little or nothing for their forearms.

Chris only does pinwheels and Ronnie no direct work on the forearms. No reverse bicep curls, nothing remotely meant to target the forearm.

Any one dare to say "compound movements take care of the growth of your forearms". I understand different grips on certain exercises such as rows pulldowns etc have different effects on the part of the forearm worked. But seriously?

i never do forearms and mine are still proportional. i use straps too.

I'm not sure what he's really asking, but obviously direct forearm work isn't necessary so long as one chooses the correct exercises to begin with. I'm just starting to do some direct forearm work, but it's for functional strength rather than proportionality.

When you increase muscle mass or strength on compund movements, your forearms naturally have to work harder too so they grow at about the same rate muscles involved in compound excersizes. If you wanted to exclusively increase the size of your forearms without dirct relation to your other muscles, you can work them directly.

I don't really train my forearms anymore either. I do however train my grip and hand strength.

Machher said:
these responses seriously conflicts the response i got on another forum.
What did they say?

ForemanRules said:
What did they say?
From DoggCrapp on IM forums :

Do you have ronnie or cutlers genetics for building muscle? On your best day loaded full of drugs with the utmost diet and training program do you think you could stand next to ronnie onstage if he was on 300mg of test and 200mg of deca? Theres your answer on why looking at two of the guys that have the best genetics out of the millions of bodybuilders on this planet might not be appliable to you. I dont ever look at pro bodybuilders and compare them to the genetically inferior. I do look at pro bodybuilders and see what separates elite pros from smaller pros because then your dealing with an even playing ground. (I.E. Ronnie using such tremendous poundages and outsizing everyone else around him)

chunky34 said:
From DoggCrapp on IM forums :

Do you have ronnie or cutlers genetics for building muscle? On your best day loaded full of drugs with the utmost diet and training program do you think you could stand next to ronnie onstage if he was on 300mg of test and 200mg of deca? Theres your answer on why looking at two of the guys that have the best genetics out of the millions of bodybuilders on this planet might not be appliable to you. I dont ever look at pro bodybuilders and compare them to the genetically inferior. I do look at pro bodybuilders and see what separates elite pros from smaller pros because then your dealing with an even playing ground. (I.E. Ronnie using such tremendous poundages and outsizing everyone else around him)
Sounds about right to me :thumb:

I don't bother training my forearms either. Also, I will never use straps under any circumstances. However, I do occasionally train my grip if the rest of my body outpaces my grip strength. Deadlifts and dumbbell work will do plenty for your forearms.

When you hit the volume of GEAR that Cutler and Coleman do...

Typing on a computer will get your forearms huge :laugh:

yea, that is his name.

P-funk said:
yea, that is his name.

attachment.php

:thumb:

i work forearms directly every once in a while doing wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, reverse BB curls, and static plate holds.

Robert DiMaggio said:
look how big Jay's head is! :eek:

yea, that is when you know you have gone to far....lol

LOL MY BAD w/e 12:00 at night long day went to the gym widowmakers threw me off.

this is what i posted on the other forum in reponse to doggcrapp's comments:
if i sound at all hostile dont take it offensively.

I dont believe performance enhancing drugs would change the overload certain exercises cause to synergist muscle groups.

so lets take it this way:

bicep curls with twisting of the forearm at the beginning of each rep:
causes x amount of an overload to the forearm
and x amount to the forearm

when on any sort of performance enhancing drug the overload shouldnt change. The amount of adaptation to the x load will definately be greater but the actual overload is the same.

If you understand where im coming from. Up to the building phase natural or drug free the exercise should work. Its just the repair phase enhanced by the drugs that makes it that much different between pros and ametures.

what do u do for forearms if u dont do them indirectly?

plateholds, pinwheels and hammers and rotate the arm at the beginning of each DB bicep curl ??

Robert DiMaggio said:
I guess that is called "GH Head"? :D

EXACTLY what I was thinking!

As for forearms, to work them or NOT to work them is up to each individual. If you want the "popeye" look then you should probably put extra training into your forearms. If your happy with what you have now then dont change anything. I have my can of spinach...still working on the forearms though. The only "extra" thing I have been doing for forearms is the home-made wrist roller I made and it burns the forearms UP!

Machher said:
these responses seriously conflicts the response i got on another forum.

did this "other forum" tell you that they all train forearms?

go ahead and train them, I used to when I was a beginner, but after gaining years of experience and knowledge I realized it was a waste of time. :)

Tough Old Man said:
Well don't let the door hit you in the ass when you leave us to go back where you came from.
your badass...yet another e-thug

go ahead.. make more fun of me. then see if i care.

actually many of the people on the "other forum" are very experienced in bodybuilding.

intensemuscle.net.. doggcrapp subforum.

stop talking to me like a bb.com newbie.

Machher said:
actually many of the people on the "other forum" are very experienced in bodybuilding.

intensemuscle.net.. doggcrapp subforum.

stop talking to me like a bb.com newbie.

Chill out. Certain members of the "geriatric" group of this board are a bit grumpy. Give 'em a break...it aint easy being geezy. ;)

You know Im kidding T. O. Man.

Back