• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Buckwheat Pancakes: A shortcut with mix and substitutions...

GoalGetter

is still around...
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ingredients:

2/3 cup of Arrowhead Mills Buckwheat Pancake Mix

1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce (replacing 2 tsp of canola oil in original recipe)

1 whole large egg, beaten

3/4 cup water

1 tbsp Atkins maple "syrup" (i know, i know... but it's no calories, no sugar, just there for flavor and sweetness, replaces 1 tsp of honey in original recipe)

8-10 eyedropper drops of vanilla extract

a sprinkling of pumpkin pie spices to your liking

Directions:

Stir all ingredients until there are no visible large clumps.

spray cooking spray on a large pan or griddle, and drop by 1/4 cup onto hot surface.

When the edges start to dry, and the center starts to form little bubbles, flip that sucker over. Cook for another few seconds, remove from heat, put on plate and repeat until you run out of batter.

Makes about 6 or 7, 5" pancakes.

Nutritional info for entire recipe (you divide as you see fit)

Calories 705
Fat 28 (sat 8)
Carbs 62 (fiber 14)
Protein 44

---------

Top with a sprinkling of splenda, or cottage cheese and fruits, or whatever the heck you like on your pancakes. I just eat them dry like that. They are friggin good.

You can also bake buckwheat cookies with this batter, however, the use of apple sauce in place of canola oil will make them chewier.

mmmmmmmm is right. I love eating these.

also try adding in two scoops of whey and upping the milk or water to a full cup. pancakes still come up light and fluffy but you'll get appx 30 grams of protein per serving. I usually split up the recipe into 2 servings.

I just add 4 egg whites and 1 yolk....and cut the water in half.

how did you get 28g fat from just one egg? I think you left the canola oil when factoring in the nutrition facts.

thajeepster said:
how did you get 28g fat from just one egg? I think you left the canola oil when factoring in the nutrition facts.
D'oh! maybe i did! can't remember now, since it was a whiel back that i posted this. jeez.

Back