• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What are your views on kids using supplementation?

99hawkins

Integrity
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
There is this 16 year old kid in our gym, he brings his whey protein shakes along with him. After he completes his workouts, he sits down in the "quiet area" and drinks the stuff. First time I saw it, I thought to myself...he's far too young for that, maybe he just looks young. So, I went up to him yesterday and asked him of his age (he was at it again) he said he was 16, nearly 17. Then I asked how he affords it (Lets face it, its not cheap, especially for a school kid) he said it's where his pocket money goes.

Now, maybe I'm just being cynical and old-fashioned here, but I'm wondering if anyone else on this forum frowns upon this? I certainly do. I was 19 when I first decided to supplement.

dude its just a protein shake. relax. there is absolutely nothing wrong with him drinking them

I started taking whey protein, weight gainers and amino acids when I joined my first gym at 13.

Really? So it's not frowned upon? Surely if they are that young they should just concetrate on homework and sports?! I always saw supplementation was for the more advanced bodybuilder?

It's just protein, nothing is going to happen. He probably takes creatine too, nothing wrong with that either.

99hawkins said:
Really? So it's not frowned upon? Surely if they are that young they should just concetrate on homework and sports?! I always saw supplementation was for the more advanced bodybuilder?
Protein shakes are ok for anyone, but I agree with you high school kids need not waste money on supplements.

ForemanRules said:
Protein shakes are ok for anyone, but I agree with you high school kids need not waste money on supplements.

yea weed and crack are much more wise investments :rolleyes:

Michael

You're a sprog aren't you? Do you use creatine?

i'm 16 and take whey protein and i have a cousin that's younger than me (15) and he takes whey and creatine....nothing wrong with it

IML Gear Cream!
100% nothing wrong with it. I started taking weight gainers and whey at 14. Whey is good for you, nutritious, comes from milk. Would you be upset if he was drinking a lot of milk??

99hawkins said:
There is this 16 year old kid in our gym, he brings his whey protein shakes along with him. After he completes his workouts, he sits down in the "quiet area" and drinks the stuff. First time I saw it, I thought to myself...he's far too young for that, maybe he just looks young. So, I went up to him yesterday and asked him of his age (he was at it again) he said he was 16, nearly 17. Then I asked how he affords it (Lets face it, its not cheap, especially for a school kid) he said it's where his pocket money goes.

Now, maybe I'm just being cynical and old-fashioned here, but I'm wondering if anyone else on this forum frowns upon this? I certainly do. I was 19 when I first decided to supplement.
To be honest, if I set time in a corner to drink my whey shake after working out, and a man just came up to me to ask me my age, I probably wouldn't have been as nice as the guy you asked.. It's insulting to ask someone their age in this kind of circumstance.

Also, I agree, whey protein is extracted from milk, so if you aren't upset about him drinking milk, then you aren't upset about him drinking protein.

Fair enough. Just seems like they are in too much of a hurry. It's like a 6 year old girl wearing makeup - In such a hurry to grow up all the time.

I don't think it's too early at all if they're actually into bodybuilding, athletic training etc. I just think it's funny when people take whey when their diet's horrible to begin with, and they overtrain or only train their biceps and chest.

99hawkins said:
Michael

You're a sprog aren't you? Do you use creatine?
I don't use creatine, but only because I don't want to pay for it. I take whey sometimes though. Protein is not some chemical that's unsafe, it's found in almost all food. Creatine is something found in meat, it's ok for a child to eat meat isn't it?

ForemanRules said:

U aint lying about this shit! :pissed:

bulletproof1 said:
yea weed and crack are much more wise investments :rolleyes:
I think he was saying kids shouldnt spend ALL their money on supplements that wont work.

Fair enough. Just seems like they are in too much of a hurry. It's like a 6 year old girl wearing makeup - In such a hurry to grow up all the time.

dude, if he is weight training, tearing downyro muscle fibers, then it doesn't matter what age you are, the same biological principles still apply. You speaking as if protien was a drug of some sort.. this thread is ridiculous. if it was a hormone replacement or something along those lines I can see your ocncern, but its protien!! should he not eat chicken and other meats too, is he too young for that?

ihateschoolmt said:
I don't use creatine, but only because I don't want to pay for it. I take whey sometimes though. Protein is not some chemical that's unsafe, it's found in almost all food. Creatine is something found in meat, it's ok for a child to eat meat isn't it?
I dont think no fourteen year old kid should be taking creatine. :finger: Do u know how much meat youll have to eat to get 5grams of creatine? 11 pounds! Dont be mistaken, theres always a difference when eat comes to supplements. Do u think a 100% Vitamin C pill is = to a cup of natural OJ with 100% vitamin C in it? Think there isnt a difference? During puberty a kid needs to do NOTHING TO STOP OR THAT MIGHT STOP HIS GROWTH!

IML Gear Cream!
And lets not forget that about 75% of supplements are BULLSHIT anyway! :mad:

god hand said:
During puberty a kid needs to do NOTHING TO STOP OR THAT MIGHT STOP HIS GROWTH!
Creatine does not stop growth, there is nothing wrong with it.

And Lets Not Forget To Edit Our Posts Instead Of Making 100 New Posts

god hand said:
Do u think a 100% Vitamin C pill is = to a cup of natural OJ with 100% vitamin C in it? Think there isnt a difference?

yes, there is no difference. the human body can not differentiate between nutrients derived from a pill or a food item. same goes for protein(s) etc. the body can not tell the difference between amino acids that are derived from a piece of meat or a powdered protein supplment. the body doesn't know and doesn't care.

ihateschoolmt said:
Creatine does not stop growth, there is nothing wrong with it.
Can u prove it dont? :D

LAM said:
yes, there is no difference. the human body can not differentiate between nutrients derived from a pill or a food item. same goes for protein(s) etc. the body can not tell the difference between amino acids that are derived from a piece of meat or a powdered protein supplment. the body doesn't know and doesn't care.
So there isnt a difference in steroid muscle and natural muscle?

Back