• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

side laterals - how do you do them?

Riverdragon

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Some guys do them with the arms stretched out more and some do them with the hands closer in. How do you guys do them and what are the benefits to your method? Personally I feel better about doing them with the arms stretched out more.

I alternate somewhat. If I'm standing my arms are bent with hands "in". When I do them seated they are only bent about 15 degrees.

I change it up too, if I use the side-lateral machine where the forearms are on the pad, then the hands are tucked, I feel you get a very isolated work out with that. If I do the laterals in the cable cross over machine, then I extend my hands out as far as they will go and the forearms burn like hell. If I am doing dumbbell laterals, then the hands end up somewhere in the midpoint between the 2 forementioned excercises.

Ill cycle through these as an auxilliary group every 2 weeks or so.

Cool, I kind of switch them around too. I usually use dumbells.

I basically do it with my arms perfectly straight. Going in too much will put less stress on the muscles, so going out as far as possible will put the most stress, causing you to work the hardest and make the best gains. At least thats how I see it. :)

When using dumbells or cables, keep your shoulders down to keep your traps out of the lift. Also, think in terms of stiff-arm 'pressing' the weight outward and upward, not pulling them upward. Make sure you hold the dumbells level, if they tilt resistance is moved form the lateral head and don't go any higher than shoulder height.

Back