• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Roy jones jnr

sweetness

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Anyone know if hes boxin again after his back to back defeats (knockouts)
If so who??

any reckon he can become champ again and at what weight??

He said he will fight again this year or early next year.....and no he will not be the champ again.IMO.

I agree but hes gonna have to stop showing off and hurt them straight away then knock them out...but hes chinny now??

when joe calzaghe mores up to light heavy he'll runs things for a couple of years
very underrated boxer in the US

sweetness said:
I agree but hes gonna have to stop showing off and hurt them straight away then knock them out...but hes chinny now??

when joe calzaghe mores up to light heavy he'll runs things for a couple of years
Roy has just simply lost his speed and thats why hes taking punches now. I can see him beating some bum for one of the belts but he will never dominate at any weight class again.

lol foreman i knew you'd b in this thread

as much as i love Roy, his day is done.

Yeah, it's too bad.. a lot of great fighters have been going down over the last year: Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr., De La Hoya... Tito Trinidad is still my favorite.

sweetness said:

Calzaghe has fun with lacy!! next to run things in the lightheavys
Americans for some reason have never been good at the supermiddleweight divison at last for around 20years not sure why, but the last good super was Roy jones who never stayed at super middle for long!

sweetness said:
Calzaghe has fun with lacy!! next to run things in the lightheavys
Americans for some reason have never been good at the supermiddleweight divison at last for around 20years not sure why, but the last good super was Roy jones who never stayed at super middle for long!
Roy Jones Jr IBF Super Middleweight champ for over 2 years 1994-1996

James Toney IBF Super Middleweight champ 1993

Just off the top of my head....and the two best in that division ever......do some homework son....Americans own that division.

ForemanRules said:
Roy Jones Jr IBF Super Middleweight champ for over 2 years 1994-1996

James Toney IBF Super Middleweight champ 1993

Just off the top of my head....and the two best in that division ever......do some homework son....Americans own that division.

maybe james toney but do you remember chris Eubank champion for a good 5years same goes for Nigel benn who destroyed the dangerous Iran Barkley and Gerald mcClellan to, who Roy jones rated and i think roy loss to him as a amatuer, plus Steve collins theres more if ya want it

Can you name any decent champions after james toney??

its a long time since james was champion RIGHT

IML Gear Cream!
sweetness said:
maybe james toney but do you remember chris Eubank champion for a good 5years same goes for Nigel benn who destroyed the dangerous Iran Barkley and Gerald mcClellan to, who Roy jones rated and i think roy loss to him as a amatuer, plus Steve collins theres more if ya want it

Can you name any decent champions after james toney??

its a long time since james was champion RIGHT
yes...............Roy Jones Jr ;) he was so good at 168 that he moved up to a real division and ruled it for 8 years...:rolleyes:

And Steve Collins was better and beat up both Nigel Benn 2x and Chris Eubank 2x.

nigel benn vs chris eubank,,,that was a good fight i have it on tape

and if toney can become heavyweight champ ,,rj junior can

james tonry looks like jadakiss

ForemanRules said:
yes...............Roy Jones Jr ;) he was so good at 168 that he moved up to a real division and ruled it for 8 years...:rolleyes:

And Steve Collins was better and beat up both Nigel Benn 2x and Chris Eubank 2x.
sure but collins only just beat Eubank and wasnt america anyway also keeping in mind that germany has two current supermiddle champs Markus Beyer and Mikkel Kessler and remember Sven Ottke(weak hitter)was champ for 22 fights .
James toney champ for 2years
Frankie lies champ for 4 years
Iran Barkley Champ for a few fights
Micheal nunn champ for 2 years
Roy jones champ for 2 years
Brant Mitchell Champ 1year

Calzaghe has been champ for nearly 3 quarters of the combined time of the above!!

The UK and Germany has had more supermiddle champs with only a third of the population of America!!

aceshigh said:
and if toney can become heavyweight champ ,,rj junior can

:hmmm: RJJ already has with his defeat of John Ruiz.

sweetness said:
sure but collins only just beat Eubank and wasnt america anyway also keeping in mind that germany has two current supermiddle champs Markus Beyer and Mikkel Kessler and remember Sven Ottke(weak hitter)was champ for 22 fights .
James toney champ for 2years
Frankie lies champ for 4 years
Iran Barkley Champ for a few fights
Micheal nunn champ for 2 years
Roy jones champ for 2 years
Brant Mitchell Champ 1year

Calzaghe has been champ for nearly 3 quarters of the combined time of the above!!

The UK and Germany has had more supermiddle champs with only a third of the population of America!!
That is because the American fighters move to to the competative classes like 160 or 175.....that is where the great fighters are.....the 168 and 200lb classes are where the lesser fighters stay. Why in 8 years did Calzaghe not bother to fight Roy Jones at 175 or Hopkins at 160???? Because he knew they would destroy him.

ForemanRules said:
That is because the American fighters move to to the competative classes like 160 or 175.....that is where the great fighters are.....the 168 and 200lb classes are where the lesser fighters stay. Why in 8 years did Calzaghe not bother to fight Roy Jones at 175 or Hopkins at 160???? Because he knew they would destroy him.

Just one last note, RJJ would of destroyed anyone back then but not hopkins

Jones refuse to fight anyone from europe who would give him a tough time remember WBO champ Dariusz Michalcewski 9 years at Lightheavy who beat
Hill on Points
Richard hall in 10
derrick harmon in 9

and destroyed MONTELL GRIFFIN IN 4

So my point is that jones was just as relucted to fight across the water as the European Fighters were due to hometown decisons

Last edited:
sweetness said:

Jones refuse to fight anyone from europe who would give him a tough time remember WBO champ Dariusz Michalcewski 9 years at Lightheavy who beat
Hill on Points
Richard hall in 10
derrick harmon in 9

So my point is that jones was just as relucted to fight across the water as the European Fighters were due to hometown decisons
It is common now for people to say Jones avoided hard fights but all you have to do is look at his record and you will see he fought and beat the best of all time. Hopkins has a style that is unlike Jones but he would and did beat the best also....the europen fighters did and would all fall to them.

sweetness said:

Hill on Points
Richard hall in 10
derrick harmon in 9

RJJ beat Hopkins by UD. He also destroyed Montell Griffin in 1.

RJJ is just an incredibly talented athlete. It's really hard to compare him to any other boxers, regardless of same fighters fought. You can't just look at boxing records and say one fighter is better than another; totally different styles.

Back