• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

rep range

kenwood

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
what is the rep range to build mass?

6-12 in general.

so would 8 be a good mass builder?

It's between six and twelve isn't it? ;)

I agree 6-12 is the standard range, however 5-15 IMO is also reasonable.

i'm also sorry for comming on here every week and asking a bunch of stupid shit

Basically, people get annoyed when others come on without reading up at all or searching the forum for their questions. It's good to ask questions, but try to read some articles and things online before asking questions that can be very easily answered. Personally, it takes a lot to annoy me, so if you'd like you can PM me with questions and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

kenwood said:
Shit if they had the Internet when I was 14 I would have been the king of stupid questions.
Asking a question is never stupid. :thumb:

I always shoot for 10.

if i grab a weight (thats heavy for me, like say 2lbs lol)and say to my self "im doing 6 reps" I do 6 reps.

If i grab the same weight and say im doing 10 reps. Ill do 8!!

my rules

1) always always always aim for 10 reps
2) if i go over, time to up the lb's
3) if i go 7-8 reps, remeber the weight for next week!
4) if i go 4-6 reps, I'm pissed at myself and immediately do a drop set.

^^this shit right here is what you cant learn ina magazine!!! this should be stickied!!!!! lol :D :D :laugh:

MyK said:
I always shoot for 10.

if i grab a weight (thats heavy for me, like say 2lbs lol)and say to my self "im doing 6 reps" I do 6 reps.

If i grab the same weight and say im doing 10 reps. Ill do 8!!

my rules

1) always always always aim for 10 reps
2) if i go over, time to up the lb's
3) if i go 7-8 reps, remeber the weight for next week!
4) if i go 4-6 reps, I'm pissed at myself and immediately do a drop set.

^^this shit right here is what you cant learn ina magazine!!! this should be stickied!!!!! lol :D :D :laugh:
The more I read MyK's posts the more I agree with him. :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
kenwood said:

Kenwood. I apologize for my post last night. I was just frustrated. your welcome to ask any questions you like there not stupid, and we will help you out to the best of our abilities!

right guys????

ps. kenwood, just stick to that program you have its a good program!! follow a full range of motion on all exercises with good weight and youll do fine. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

MyK said:
thanks dude!!!! :)
There is allot of good advise on this site and allot of bad.....I just give props to those who know what their talking about.......Thats why I always ask Lam questions.

do a fiber type test for each muscle group with "isolation" exercises....

thats the best way to determine rep range for a muscle group.

I dont believe in higher rep ranges (10+) due to the type of hypertrophy that occurs. Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy does nothing but cause temporary fluid displacement, and minimal muscle fiber growth takes place.

low rep ranges (1-3) tend to not work due to the fact it is mostly CNS work geared towards recruiting more motor units.

4-8, with heavy weight to failure, is the preferable method, as it invokes the best kind of hypertrophy. Myofibril hypertrophy, or the thickening of existing muscle fibers.

This is just my 2c worth

Good day.

I agree 4-8 reps, low reps always work best for me.

I go with all different type of rep range. I do P-RR-S.

In general terms, I feel that Calfs and Forearms (and Delts to a lesser extent) you would work more reps then the rest of your muscle grps. Because in most ppl, they have greater number of slower twitch fibers than the rest of the muscle grps. IMO, to say all muscles fit into a specific range is not correct. I will add that every body is different, and that you need to experiment to see what works for you.

Last edited:
Back