• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Newbie who needs help

BadassBeast

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im kinda new to bodybuilding. I lifted for about 2 months about a year ago and saw some pretty good results. But, the thing is that I didn't really have a set program which I would like to have. I think I was seeing such good results because I was using creatine which I didnt know much about and I hear its not real good for the younger generation( Im 16). But anyways I would really appreciate it if someone who has been lifting for a long time and knows alot about bodybuilding could help me get together a program that will work good for me and give me some tips on what to do and not to do. I would really appreciate it because im really into bodybuilding and i would like to make a career out of it, so please help me out in anyway possible.

Just an examlpe of a workout you could do.

MONDAY: Bench Press 4 sets 8 reps, Incline DB press 4 sets 8 reps, Lying triceps extensions ( skull crushers) 3 sets 8 reps, Dips 2 sets to failure

TUESDAY: DB rows 4 sets 6-8 reps, Pull ups or Lat pull downs 4 sets 8-10 reps, Close grip pull downs 2 sets of 10, Hammer curls 3 sets of 6-8, barbell/ez curl 3 sets of 10.

WEDNESDAY: OFF

THURSDAY: Squats 4 sets of 6-10, thigh extensions 3 sets of 10, standing calves 4 sets of 12. Hamstring curls 3 sets of 10, stiff leg Dead lift 3x 1o.

FRIDAY: Seated DB press 4 sets of 6-8, cable laterals 3 sets of 10, upright rows 3 sets of 10, rear delts 3 sets of 10-12.

Dr. E has put up a good routine for you. I would be very carefull on the skullcrushers. Make sure you stay with very light weight for some time to let the joints and tendon surrounding the elbows to adjust. Skullcrushers can end a lot of your pushing movements should you tear a tendon. I know. If you find that they do start bothering the elbows stop them and replace witha different exercise for the triceps

ForemanRules said:

MONDAY: Bench Press 4 sets 8 reps, Incline DB press 4 sets 8 reps, Lying triceps extensions ( skull crushers) 3 sets 8 reps, Dips 2 sets to failure

TUESDAY: DB rows 4 sets 6-8 reps, Pull ups or Lat pull downs 4 sets 8-10 reps, Close grip pull downs 2 sets of 10, Hammer curls 3 sets of 6-8, barbell/ez curl 3 sets of 10.

THURSDAY: Squats 4 sets of 6-10, thigh extensions 3 sets of 10, standing calves 4 sets of 12. Hamstring curls 3 sets of 10, stiff leg Dead lift 3x 1o.

FRIDAY: Seated DB press 4 sets of 6-8, cable laterals 3 sets of 10, upright rows 3 sets of 10, rear delts 3 sets of 10-12.

:lifter:Thanks Dr.E I might try that out.What about saturday and sunday?Any tips that could help me out as a beginner?

BadassBeast said:
:lifter:Thanks Dr.E I might try that out.What about saturday and sunday?Any tips that could help me out as a beginner?
Sat and Sun "eat...and rest"....4-5 days with weights is plenty.

Okay. How long should I stay on this program?

BadassBeast said:
Okay. How long should I stay on this program?

stay on the program about 6 months. however, you should be rotating exercises every 6 weeks or so. if you hang around here, you should pick up alot of knowledge and after the six months be able to develop your own programs.

also, you should go to the diet section of this site and learn about proper diet. see if you can get a copy of burn the fat feed the muscle by tom venuto.

are you doing cardio????

Lift hard and eat harder. Use compound freeweight exercises to start. Squats, deadlifts, good mornings, bent rows, pullups, bench press, military press, situps, etc.

I'm gona print this one off ad use it for a little while as soon as i try out another program......I love your signature foreman "ass titties ass ass titties titties"that was one a the best skits ever

IML Gear Cream!
MyK said:
stay on the program about 6 months. however, you should be rotating exercises every 6 weeks or so. if you hang around here, you should pick up alot of knowledge and after the six months be able to develop your own programs.

also, you should go to the diet section of this site and learn about proper diet. see if you can get a copy of burn the fat feed the muscle by tom venuto.

are you doing cardio????
thanks MyK:thumb: what exactly do you mean by rotating exercises every six months?

Im definitly gonna hang around because I get great joy in BB and I hope to get to my perfect body some day.:flex:

In other words, he's saying not to keep the same exercises for too long because the body will get used to them. My opinion is that if it isn't broken, don't fix it. In other words, if you have a routine during which you see consistent progress for even ten years, why change it if you're progressing? Of course, boredom would surely set in first, but I think you get the idea.

MyK said:

are you doing cardio????
I play soccer so I have to run alot and thats my cardio. Im gonna check that diet section out, thanks for the info :adore::adore::adore:

ForemanRules said:

when you say 4x8 do you mean that my last rep should be the last rep I can do?

he means find the weight in which 8 reps is all you can do and its obviously going to go up as time goes on, the first set after you warm up that is should be all you can do 8 times then you might have to take off 5lbs to do it 8 times on your second set.

Tough Old Man said:
Dr. E has put up a good routine for you. I would be very carefull on the skullcrushers. Make sure you stay with very light weight for some time to let the joints and tendon surrounding the elbows to adjust. Skullcrushers can end a lot of your pushing movements should you tear a tendon. I know. If you find that they do start bothering the elbows stop them and replace witha different exercise for the triceps

werd.... and dont keep your elbows tucked in. Let them flare as they may,naturally. Also, creatine is fine, assuming adequate water consumption.

Bakersfield said:
he means find the weight in which 8 reps is all you can do and its obviously going to go up as time goes on, the first set after you warm up that is should be all you can do 8 times then you might have to take off 5lbs to do it 8 times on your second set.
Ok, I thought that was what he ment thanks.:)

Tough Old Man said:
hOW LONG SHOULD I REST IN BETWEEN SETS?:hmmm:

I usually rest between 1-2 minutes, between each set and occassionaly i rest less than 1 minute for all exercises in a week but i only do that every month or 2 or if i'm not making any gains

IM hearing alot about that p/rr/s cycle. What is that? Is it any good? Is it something a newbie like me could or should begin with?:hmmm:

IML Gear Cream!
are you still gowing alot??? Muscle Extreme muscle growth in growing stages of your life can lead to tons of joint problems. At you age develop a good endurance base for a while(6 weeks) do sets of 10. IF you are done growing jump in both feet first. Remember your first 2 weeks of growth purely neurological

eat soo much stuff.. loads of meat, fruit potatos healthy yougurts.. try and stay clear of junk food such as mcdonalds.. eat wholemeal bread too.

BadassBeast said:
IM hearing alot about that p/rr/s cycle. What is that? Is it any good? Is it something a newbie like me could or should begin with?:hmmm:
Anyone...?

BadassBeast said:
when you say 4x8 do you mean that my last rep should be the last rep I can do?
Here is an example of my workout today: seated Dumbbell press, 80 Lbs for 8 the first set...I could have done 10...second set 8 again that was hard but I could have done 9, third set 8 and that was almost impossible and the 4th set I got only 6..... so 2 sets to failure and 2 sets to near failure.

Back