• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Dopamine and Prolactin.. mood changes after orgasm..

Like the article says try intercourse without going all the way for a while, make love but don't orgasm.

maniclion said:
Like the article says try intercourse without going all the way for a while, make love but don't orgasm.

but then, whats the point? :D

Yanick said:
but then, whats the point? :D

Good question. Is there not a way to make your dopamine and prolactin levels more balanced? Make your extremes less extreme?

drew.haynes said:
Good question. Is there not a way to make your dopamine and prolactin levels more balanced? Make your extremes less extreme?

amino acid supplementation?

yea, just have sex with hookers so you can kick em out after your done :D

seriously though, i doubt you can do anything. don't really write off the whole taoist approach if you feel so strongly about it and it effects you so badly. all that stuff takes lots of time and discipline but pays off in the end...kindda like lifting.

I think theres merit to the Taoist approach, I mean over that many years they had to have made some discoveries it's just those things never catch on because they don't appeal to our "Now, Now, Now" attitudes.

Yanick said:
yea, just have sex with hookers so you can kick em out after your done
Seriously, you need a chick who wants to be slapped around and humiliated!

There are plenty of them out there! - :thumb:

What would you guys think about something like Horny Goat Weed that supposedly increases sex drive. I have plenty of sex drive... but do you think something like that would perhaps keep dopamine levels higher more consistently or am I totally off thinking that?

maniclion said:
it's just those things never catch on because they don't appeal to our "Now, Now, Now" attitudes.
:thumb:

As mentioned, take your time to 'make love' not just 'have sex'. Yes, there is a difference between the two.

IML Gear Cream!
i just want to say, that the article above is way too simply of a model of the human mind/physiology. nothing is so simple in the human body where there are only 2 hormones working and making you feel a certain way after a certain activity. there are millions upon millions of chemical reactions with hundreds of hormones and receptors, some have yet to be discovered, working to make you feel a certain way. even orgasm can't be nailed to be the sole cause of someone's feelings at a certain point in time. the cause although physiological could be due to your emotional/psychological state, in which case maybe stuff like meditation and/or psychotherapy can help, jumping into taking pills is easy but not the best answer usually.

as far as horny goat weed goes, i don't know much about it, but i'm pretty certain the pathway through which it works is independant of both dopamine and prolactin.

Back